in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-02-2007 6:58 AM by joff135. 19 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (20 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-23-2007 6:04 PM

Beovision 7 placement/wires

My wife and I have been looking at the Beovision 7 to replace our Avant. We would like the motorized stand with the Beolab 7.4. The one problem with that is all of the wires. We have multiple outlets in the wall behind the Avant and a Masterlink outlet in the wall also. If we place a Beovision 7 there, all of the outlets will show as they will not be hidden as they are now on the Avant. When we built the house we had all of the outlets/masterlink placed so that the Avant would conceal them. Any suggestions on how to do a Beovision 7 with Beolab 7.4, maintaining the ability to turn the TV but also hiding the outlets as the Avant does? I thought of getting a cabinet and placing the Beovision on it but then there would be no place for the 7.4.

Thanks

Beovision 7-55 with Beolab 7-4, 9s and 4000s

Beovision 10-40 with Beolab 1s and 6000s

Beosound 1, 5, 2000, and 3000

Beotime, Beotalk, Beocoms

• 07-23-2007 6:14 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

Re: Beovision 7 placement/wires

Pictures would help, but what you could always do is place a cabinet in front of the sockets to house any external units (such as Sky Boxes, Media Servers or Games Consoles etc...), and place the BeoVision 7 next to this on a floor stand.

Weekly top artists:                   

• 07-23-2007 6:56 PM In reply to

• beodim
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Switzerland
    • Posts 130
    • Founder

I am afraid there are not many good solutions in this respect. I had the same problem with my BV7 but with the outlets mounted in the floor behind the BV7. I have had all the cables wrapped in a cover matching the colour of the floor and put a plant beside the BV7 to hide them a little bit.

BV7-40, BC6-26, DVD2, BCordV8000, BS4, BS2, BS Ouverture, BC9500, BM8000, BCord9000, BL8000, BL6000, BL2, BL3, BVox4500, BCom6000, Beomedia1, BCom5, Serenata

• 07-24-2007 6:37 AM In reply to

• Roger
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Norway
    • Posts 870
    • Founder

A solution that I saw was to place a BeoLab 5 (expensive advice) in front of the connection panel and the BV7 next to it with a silver sock to hide the cables running to the 7.

Roger

• 07-24-2007 7:37 AM In reply to

• MikaelB
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Herning, Denmark
    • Posts 191
    • Founder

I have the same problem when I soon want to exchange my Avant 28 with a BeoVision 7.

I have planed to mount a plate about 5 centimeters from the wall covering all the plugs, then just have the cables come out under the plate and directly into the stand of the BeoVision 7. The plate should then be painted the same colour as the wall. Then you have to stand very close to the wall to se all the sockets.

Anyway thats what I plan to do - not very well planned yet.

/MikaelB

• 07-24-2007 9:12 AM In reply to

We recently had our house extended and the hope was to have the B&O position re wires and plugs sorted at that time. As usual things didn't go quite to plan.

Our proposal was to have the various power sockets hidden in the wall on one spur. One switch would have activated them all. This unfortunately didn't happen. We have wooden floors however and the joiner constructed a unit/ box from the same wood to hide all of the plugs. Not perfect but it doesn't look too bad and is hidden behind the subwoofer.

All wires to the TV, speakers and PS3 have been tied together using cable socks etc; run along the floor and then up the back of the aluminium leg of the floor stand. Again they are not too noticeable. The leads for the back speakers for the surround sound were run under the floor.

The position in our other lounge is far better. We have a Beovision 6-26 wall mounted using the STB bracket. It has a pair of beolab 4's just to supplement the sound from its own speaker either side on wall brackets. All wires (including masterlink to the Beovision 7) are hidden in the wall.

Regards

Ken

• 08-01-2007 4:45 AM In reply to

• Roger
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Norway
    • Posts 870
    • Founder

Perhaps B&O's new set top box covers could be a solution, they come in two sizes and consist of a black metal plate that is designed to hold an STB and comes with an L-shaped cover in brushed aluminium. I'll see if I manage to include a picture of one mounted on a wall.

Roger

• 08-01-2007 5:13 AM In reply to

Are the plates officially on sale? how much?
  • 08-01-2007 5:27 AM In reply to

• Roger
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Norway
    • Posts 870
    • Founder

My local dealer has them in stock. The small one is approx €200 and the larger one is approx €250.

Roger

• 08-26-2007 5:36 AM In reply to

Hi Razlaw,

We are in exactly the same situation as you and was just wondering what solution you came up with ?

Regards

Keith 

• 08-26-2007 8:21 AM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

Roger:

Perhaps B&O's new set top box covers could be a solution, they come in two sizes and consist of a black metal plate that is designed to hold an STB and comes with an L-shaped cover in brushed aluminium. I'll see if I manage to include a picture of one mounted on a wall.

Roger

Never heard of these, but they look good and could be very helpfull to me too. Since when are they available?

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 08-26-2007 12:42 PM In reply to

Just make the outlets in the wall behind the BV7

Jos

Comparing with a aeroplane B&O is not expensive.
  • 08-26-2007 4:18 PM In reply to

There are also this LK-decor also possible to get one that can be placed over the wall socket

• 09-01-2007 6:44 AM In reply to

Hi Beowifi,

Do you have a set top box as well if so where have you placed it ?

Regards

Keith 

• 09-01-2007 7:04 AM In reply to

• V13WNG
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-11-2007
    • Eastbourne, East Sussex, ENG
    • Posts 200
    • Bronze Member

If you are using a BeoLab 7.4 you should be able to combine all your wires into a cable sock and then cable-tie the sock to the floor stand. The way the 7.4 sits will then conceal anything which might otherwise be seen.

Doesn't solve the problems with the sockets, but it's how I've always dealt with the issue!

Muchos Gracias Cool

• 09-01-2007 2:18 PM In reply to

Hi Keith

I have all the wires in a sort of furniture, including PC, Xbox and HDR1

Regards

Jos

Comparing with a aeroplane B&O is not expensive.
  • 09-01-2007 4:30 PM In reply to

The Stig - ver. 1.3:

There are also this LK-decor also possible to get one that can be placed over the wall socket

thanks for the link. placing order soon.

• 09-02-2007 4:17 AM In reply to

• Doc
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 585
    • Bronze Member

Coming from the Netherlands, my danisch is a little bit rusty; is there an englisch LK website aswell?
  • 09-02-2007 5:09 AM In reply to

How cool would it be to have that plastic cover in brushed aluminum.Cool
  • 09-02-2007 6:58 AM In reply to

• joff135
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • North Somerset, UK
    • Posts 62
    • Bronze Member

I must admit that it does look a bit like spegetti junction out the rear of our BV-7 32...but i am not going to any special lengths or expense doing anything about it as we will be moving house in the near future.

We still love it though!

Page 1 of 1 (20 items)