in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-26-2007 4:56 PM by Eugenio Colazzo. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-23-2007 12:19 AM

• sbagni
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-23-2007
    • Posts 1
    • Bronze Member

Beocenter 9000 Mute channel??

Well, it is like this... I have a Beocenter 9000 with a pair of generation 1 Pentas. Currently the cd player is busted, or more like the plastic part that holds the cd down is gone. So I'm using a generic cd changer through the aux port. The real problem is that sound only comes out of one speaker. I checked the speakers and the wires, and they are fine. It just so happens that which ever speaker is plugged into the Speaker 1 left port, is the speaker that doesn't work properly. The display on both speakers always works correctly though. I found out that a little bit of sound will come out of the left speaker if it's turned nearly all the way up.

Any thoughts?? I would really love to get sound out of both speakers! Thanks.

Filed under: ,
  • 07-23-2007 3:40 AM In reply to

Re: Beocenter 9000 Mute channel??

I would guess that the speakers work fine when plugged in to the Speakers 2 sockets?

If the answer is yes then your problem is with the MUTE relay. Some people say that the contacts can be cleaned but I have found that the only permanent cure is to replace the relay.

Alternative suggestion...... if you don't use the mute or the speakers 2 sockets normally then just leave the speakers plugged in there.

Regards Graham

• 07-26-2007 4:56 PM In reply to

Re: Beocenter 9000 Mute channel??

I have a similar problem on my 9000, only 1 channel in both plugs and no change in mute mode, the working channel continue to play even if in mute state...

Eugenio Colazzo

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)