in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-29-2007 8:51 PM by darioazul. 144 replies.
Page 6 of 6 (145 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-25-2007 3:59 PM In reply to

• Toubro
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Copenhagen, Denmark
    • Posts 263
    • Founder

Re: What do you like/ dislike about the new forum?

I don't visit the new forum as much either.

The 3 things I miss the most.

1. the link at every thread that takes me to the newest unread post in that thread
    2. the field that shows who originally started the thread
    3. a link or menu at the bottom of each page/thread that takes me back to the forum, or gives me the ability to move to another forum like the old forum had.

oh yeah, and on a side note, the :wub: smilie from the old forum Stick out tongue

• 04-25-2007 4:51 PM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

point 1 is available on the forum, tourbo: just klick on "last reply" and you get there. i agree with points 2 and 3, but they do not keep me away from the forum.

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 04-25-2007 4:59 PM In reply to

• Kevin
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-15-2007
    • Posts 1,256
    • Founder

philipsmz333:
    I have a suggestion,

I really wish that the forum would accomodate more replies per page, that would (in my opinion) be a great improvement to the usability of the site.

Thanks

If you go to you user profile by clicking on your user name top left then go to site preferences you can unclick user avatars and signatures this removes a lot of space and allows more messages.

• 04-26-2007 5:33 AM In reply to

• Toubro
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Copenhagen, Denmark
    • Posts 263
    • Founder

tom:

point 1 is available on the forum, tourbo: just klick on "last reply" and you get there. i agree with points 2 and 3, but they do not keep me away from the forum.

Unfortunatly this takes me to the last reply, and not the last unread.

• 04-26-2007 6:42 AM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

ok, misunderstood. sorry

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 04-26-2007 8:48 AM In reply to

• jro
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Posts 10
    • Bronze Member

Can we enable the embed codes so we can post videos from youtube or similar sites?
  • 04-26-2007 10:48 AM In reply to

• jonnyb
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-06-2007
    • London, UK
    • Posts 123
    • Bronze Member

I dislike the missing links to posts on the homepage which, when clicked, come up with a 'forum does not exist' message. What's going on there?

• 04-26-2007 10:57 AM In reply to

Laughing At a guess those are threads in the moderators forum! We only realised about a week ago that they showed up on the home page! Had to title the threads carefully!Laughing
  • 04-26-2007 12:41 PM In reply to

eduard:

Henry:
    One last question. Will Beoworld in Italian come back too?

I do not think that the Italian section on Beoworld will come back, it was very quiet on that part of the forum. That was one of the reason to stop this section.

Okay. Thanks for the update though.

• 04-28-2007 3:37 AM In reply to

• benkap
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Oslo, Norway
    • Posts 162
    • Bronze Member

I really miss a notification on login if I have a PM. Also, I've tried to change my setup so I get email notifications with no luck.

The new forum looks very good but I find myself spending a lot less time on it than the old because it is simply too slow and I get tired of browsing it. 

• 04-28-2007 4:56 AM In reply to

I thought I would throw some ideas into the pot about the new forum. I was thinking the other day about the for sale and wanted sections. Is is a good or bad thing to limit this section to gold and silver members? On the one hand you are targeting only the people who share your ideas about hi fi, but on the other you are limiting your market. With the restrictions, you can get B&O items at a fairer price (but I do notice that alot of people ask for 'make me an offer') but buy opening up the market you are able to spot a bragain.

I remember a thead on the 'old' site about members cross bidding on ebay, but if two people both want the same item how can we avoid this?

• 04-28-2007 5:45 AM In reply to

We will discuss all your thoughts and see what we can change. Clearly it will be after the Struer trip now but please do keep posting as we are very aware that every forum has shortcomings and anything we can do to make things better will be done.

Of the ones posted so far, I certainly agree that:

1 More threads per page. - should be possible.

2. Notification of PMs - couldn't agree more! Don't know but I hope so!

3. Smilies! Argh!

4. Button at bottom of thread to go back to forum

5 Oldest unread post in a thread

6 Safari doesn't work - actually using Firefox much more and it is better! 

7 We need a HOME button to get to the main site

There are more and we will look at every suggestion seriously.  

• 04-28-2007 9:28 AM In reply to

I dont think the checking of some posts before they are classed as suitable for posting is working particularly well.

Although I appreciate checking is required and I am sure the Moderators are very busy with this and other tasks, I think the delay is to long.

I added a post to catch the weekend traffic on Friday and it still hasn't appeared!

Also, although I think the web site is good for what it is, I do wish that terms like 'amazing, fanstastic' had not been banded about before launch as I honestly think it is fairly run of the mill, albeit on a huge scale with some nice features it certainly isn't 'wow' inspiring.

I remember visiting Tolga's website and thinking 'cool', but I guess that is the trade off between something that needs to be very functional and something that can afford to be more glamorous but possibly time consuming to navigate through, so i do appreciate the time and effort,

Russ

• 04-28-2007 11:38 AM In reply to

Very few are checked! There is an automatic program that decides some need moderating - about 4 or 5 a day. These will be posts with lots of links in, dodgy words or the same word repeated more than three or four times. I am sorry if it takes some time for them to be approved, but I keep forgetting and there isn't a warning sign to tell me that there are some waiting! Another request for improvement from me!
  • 04-28-2007 11:41 AM In reply to

Just checked and there was only one to moderate and it wasn't a post from you. One from Graham and I have no idea why as there seemed nothing wrong with it!
  • 04-28-2007 11:50 AM In reply to

• Kevin
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-15-2007
    • Posts 1,256
    • Founder

I cleared some earlier.

One did have loads of words in that the system picked up someone trying things out?

Could I ask that if this does happen please don't retrying to beat the system they just fill up the box so to speak. 

They do get posted but at the original time of submission so if a thread has moved on it can look like it never was posted.

• 04-28-2007 3:16 PM In reply to

I am getting used to the layout but somehow I can not reply from my blackberry anymore. That was quite entertaining while waiting for planes, trains or meetings to begin. Reading still works perfectly fine. I might be the only one who likes doing that though .....l

JK

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 04-28-2007 4:42 PM In reply to

Have not tried ! But will!
  • 04-29-2007 8:51 PM In reply to

Very nice job on the new site.  By the way, this is my first post since the upgrade. 

Dislikes: Minor things, the font of the topic name could be bigger;

decrease the font of the rest of the information;

when clicking on forums skip that page that comes up and take me straight to the different forum titles, e.g., General, North America and so on;

the color fond scheme needs rethinking 

The site design should follow the principle of less is more.  Do not crowd the main headings, keep it simple and clean, like a B&O product (most of the time).

Darioazul

Stick out tongue 

When I hear music, I fear no danger. I see no foe... Thoreau
Page 6 of 6 (145 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6