in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-29-2007 8:51 PM by darioazul. 144 replies.
Page 5 of 6 (145 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-21-2007 10:15 AM In reply to

• ®
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • UK
    • Posts 970
    • Founder

Re: What do you like/ dislike about the new forum?

After a week of playing with the new forum, I have to say I prefer the old forum a lot more. (apart from the downtimes)
  • 04-21-2007 12:49 PM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

britops:
    After a week of playing with the new forum, I have to say I prefer the old forum a lot more. (apart from the downtimes)

oh, that's surprising. don't you think this is a matter of habitude. there are things i found better on the old forum too, but i think this site is still learning and it will get better and better.

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 04-21-2007 2:06 PM In reply to

• ®
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • UK
    • Posts 970
    • Founder

Dont get me wrong the new site is fantastic, I just found the old forum much better
  • 04-21-2007 2:18 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Please remember that this forum is very "tweakable", and its only been launched in its totally standard format.

Every single comment is being noted, and will be looked at. Once we have sat down and looked closely at every issue, we can then start fettling!!

However, modifications and upgrades cost money, and i'm afraid i don't have much left !!  Hopefully, as more people join as Gold members, this will fund improvements as we go.

Lee

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 04-21-2007 4:26 PM In reply to

When we switched last time there were similar thoughts. However this forum is far more powerful and can be moulded to what we want. I do think a degree of stability is called for initially and then we can start addressing some of the issues. 

Britops does however make one extremely important point - this forum is far superior to the old one because the old one is not able to be reached! Laughing  Still down!

• 04-24-2007 6:12 PM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

another thing i don't like is that you can attatch only one image to a post. if i remember well, on the old forum the attatchments were limited in kbs. should be the same here...

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 04-25-2007 4:05 AM In reply to

• henrik
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Stockholm, Sweden
    • Posts 299
    • Founder

I've noticed that some of the problems we've discussed in this thread actually matters more to me than I first thought. I thought that I would get used to the differences, but I've found that I now don't visit the forum as frequently as I used to do - mainly because it's more difficult to browse for new posts (due to the reasons we've discussed). I still visit the forum every day, but it's maybe 2 times a day instead of 5-10. Looking forward to the updates :)
  • 04-25-2007 5:34 AM In reply to

This may have been covered - but I'd like to see the menu line above the General Forum changed, if possible.

HOME on a site is usually the starting page for the site; here it's different things. When you're in the Forum, as I am now, it takes you to the Forum opening page, not www.beoworld.org. 

Since NEWS etc, are at the www.beoworld.org page, it would be kind of nice if the HOME button took one there. 

• 04-25-2007 6:52 AM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

soundproof:

This may have been covered - but I'd like to see the menu line above the General Forum changed, if possible.

HOME on a site is usually the starting page for the site; here it's different things. When you're in the Forum, as I am now, it takes you to the Forum opening page, not www.beoworld.org. 

Since NEWS etc, are at the www.beoworld.org page, it would be kind of nice if the HOME button took one there. 

It may be just a name thing but thats exactly what the "Leave Forum" link does at the top right of the page.

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 04-25-2007 7:28 AM In reply to

• jonnyb
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-06-2007
    • London, UK
    • Posts 123
    • Bronze Member

Yuck! I couldn't disagree more. With respect PD, there's nothing more wearing than having to look at horrible fonts in rainbow colours. I think being able to define one's own avatar is creative freedom enough. If everyone starts posting in different fonts and colours the forum will just become a tiring mess to look at.

Can we please get rid of the abiity to cut and paste different fonts? It spoils the look of the forum and completely breaks the visual cohesion of the site.

edit: That's odd - I was attempting to quote PD's purple Comic Sans and it wouldn't let me. Hoorah!

• 04-25-2007 7:30 AM In reply to

We'll soon have so many posts pinned at the top of the general forum it won't be worth looking at it!

Regards Graham

• 04-25-2007 7:32 AM In reply to

jonnyb:

Yuck! I couldn't disagree more. With respect PD, there's nothing more wearing than having to look at horrible fonts in rainbow colours. I think being able to define one's own avatar is creative freedom enough. If everyone starts posting in different fonts and colours the forum will just become a tiring mess to look at.

Can we please get rid of the abiity to cut and paste different fonts? It spoils the look of the forum and completely breaks the visual cohesion of the site.

edit: That's odd - I was attempting to quote PD's purple Comic Sans and it wouldn't let me. Hoorah!

Agree completely!

Regards Graham

• 04-25-2007 7:50 AM In reply to

I wish we could get rid of all the pınned topics!

One has to scroll down half a page just to see what has come in new.

Please look at this and also the navigation of the site. IMHO - its no B&O!. It sucks!

10%

• 04-25-2007 8:33 AM In reply to

• joff135
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • North Somerset, UK
    • Posts 62
    • Bronze Member

I did a New Post first thing this morning about the cost of the Serene and i was told by a message that it had to be inspected by a moderator first?

I havn't seen it or heard anything yet from anyone???

• 04-25-2007 8:38 AM In reply to

• Kevin
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-15-2007
    • Posts 1,256
    • Founder

It's released. There were a couple of trigger words in there but in the context I've not edited them.
  • 04-25-2007 8:45 AM In reply to

I have unstuck the majority of the pinned posts as they should have all been read by now. Most are actually set to unstick after a few days anyway so were about to do this automatically!
  • 04-25-2007 9:20 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

I have a suggestion,

I really wish that the forum would accomodate more replies per page, that would (in my opinion) be a great improvement to the usability of the site.

Thanks

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 04-25-2007 9:28 AM In reply to

What about locking the top banner/forum title as you scroll down??
  • 04-25-2007 9:41 AM In reply to

• simonbring
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-23-2007
    • Stockholm, Sweden
    • Posts 29
    • Silver Member

I like:

The quick replies  Smile   

I dislike:

That so much valuable information went down the drain... Tongue Tied

• 04-25-2007 10:32 AM In reply to

Tell me about it! Luckily we had been working away for a few months transferring data otherwise we could have lost even more!
  • 04-25-2007 10:44 AM In reply to

Well this is my best opportunity to see you all back and tell you that i love the new forum, and finally i am back.

Glad to see all of you again,i missed it for a while.

Dimitris

-Dimitris

• 04-25-2007 11:33 AM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Welcome back, DimitrisBig Smile

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 04-25-2007 1:22 PM In reply to

• Michael
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Glasgow
    • Posts 13
    • Bronze Member

I like the fact that the latest forum topics/posts are displayed on the home page, it makes the home page feel more dynamic. I never used to go to the old home page because it never changed but now the home page is the natural starting point.

I don't like the fact that those very same forums entries on the home do not specify which forum they are from. I am forever clicking on entries which are in languages I don't understand.

Of course, I could always just learn some languages!

Michael

• 04-25-2007 1:28 PM In reply to

Mr10Percent:

I wish we could get rid of all the pınned topics!

One has to scroll down half a page just to see what has come in new.

Please look at this and also the navigation of the site. IMHO - its no B&O!. It sucks!

10%

I agree with 10%. Considering there are these two blue bars either side of the forum page, could the pin-ups possibly put on one side?

Everything else I have to say looks better than ever! Lots of effort and time I'm sure, hence my Gold Membership.

Oh, and just tried to find a HEART smiley, but we don't have any!

• 04-25-2007 2:56 PM In reply to

One last question. Will Beoworld in Italian come back too?
Page 5 of 6 (145 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next >