in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-29-2007 8:51 PM by darioazul. 144 replies.
Page 2 of 6 (145 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-17-2007 4:17 PM In reply to

• benkap
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Oslo, Norway
    • Posts 162
    • Bronze Member

Re: What do you like/ dislike about the new forum?

Thanks, Darren - even though we don't get F's in Denmark ;)

Also, I agree with those who wish the topic starter's name visible before opening the thread.

• 04-17-2007 4:24 PM In reply to

Testing testing...............
  • 04-17-2007 4:52 PM In reply to

• joff135
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • North Somerset, UK
    • Posts 62
    • Bronze Member

I had to put my full address in the system to register...i hope that i don't get burgled now!
  • 04-17-2007 5:01 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Nobody else can see your personal details. They are locked into a secure database, which is password protected about 4 times!

We have gone to great lengths to make members personal details private, please be assured.

Lee

Smile

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 04-17-2007 5:17 PM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

i found out something i don't like:

when you quote a post which contains a quote already, the quoted quote will be quoted in you new post as well. if i remember well, this was not the case on the old forum...

is this intended to be like this here or is it just an error?

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 04-17-2007 7:00 PM In reply to

Still testing everything out ... so only some "cosmetical" comments.

The new logo. I very much like the abstract disc and it´s similarity to apple´s airport logo.

The general "blue-ish" appearance of the new site, the graphic blue header, the system and graduations of colours and so on. Very easy on the eyes and a fresh alternative to the over-abundant black on b´n´o.com, apple.com etc.

Dislikes:

The top orange bar. I understand it´s connection to the system of "stars"...but still it does not work for me. I absolutely hate the contrast blue/orange. May be a case of personal taste, but it seems a little bit cheap to me. I would prefer some kind of silvery-grey...

Some technical issues:

I use safari 2.0.4 on osx 10.4.9 and have difficulties with the fast-reply function. When scrolling up or down while writing the reply, all written data is gone if the reply-window appears at the scrolled-to location (hope you understand what i mean).

I don´t know, if i fully understand the preview function. When pressing the preview tab nothing can be seen. When going back afterwards to compose, the written data is also gone.

That´s all for now. Thanks for this opportunity+

Regards, beoberlin

• 04-17-2007 7:04 PM In reply to

Huh, what happend to the scale of my letters?!
    Looks kind of freaky...

beoberlin
  • 04-17-2007 7:29 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Community Server is written for Windows/PC - and Macs are a little bit flaky sometimes, especially with Safari which really clunks and splutters on here.

Using Firefox eliminates almost all usability issues, and an upgrade of Community Server is being launched soon which has apparently addressed all Mac issues.

Lee

• 04-17-2007 8:40 PM In reply to

• Wings
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Hong Kong
    • Posts 341
    • Founder

Beoberlin, 

I like the "scale" of your letters in the earlier post.  A larger font size, as noted by another member, makes things easier to read. 

It does not appear that we have the option of selecting font size for our posts unless we "copy and paste" from MS Word?

• 04-18-2007 1:16 AM In reply to

• JohnJP
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Shanghai
    • Posts 21
    • Bronze Member

ahh - the joys and headaches about CHANGES !!!

My first post and hope it works....first of all - looks all smashing Lee. Well done.

Lots to explore and I am just trying to find my way around now.

Like any change - 90% is probably all good, but you tend to focus on the 10% which may be out of sync with what we are used to...

My comment at this stage - sorry if already mentioned here or in other......but the "new posts since my last visit" is something I am missing.....is it there and I just havent found it ?

Someone mentioned "fast".....I find response time very slow (on clicks...!) takes me 10 seconds or so from I click forum (took a part of a second on the old one) - also when I clicked "quick reply" to make this post, took about 30 seconds before I got a possibility to start writing....could this be my settings in some way that are wrong ?? The old forum always impressed me with a superfast response in navigating around the site. Much faster than any I have visited.....

cheers

John

• 04-18-2007 1:51 AM In reply to

• Corvin
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Australia
    • Posts 124
    • Founder

NOT BEING ABLE TO JOIN AS A PAID MEMBER!!!!!
  • 04-18-2007 2:47 AM In reply to

looks fart oo windoze for my liking

this is 2007 , people , not 1995

popgear is grate™

• 04-18-2007 2:49 AM In reply to

9 LEE:
    Community Server is written for Windows/PC - and Macs are a little bit flaky sometimes, especially with Safari which really clunks and splutters on here.

Using Firefox eliminates almost all usability issues, and an upgrade of Community Server is being launched soon which has apparently addressed all Mac issues.

Lee

macs are a little bit flaky ? that MUST be a joke

:)

and windoze and it's 119,000 viruses isn't ??

popgear is grate™

• 04-18-2007 3:29 AM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

Flappo The Grate:
    9 LEE:

Lee

Get over it !!   It does start to wear thin after a while.

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 04-18-2007 3:32 AM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Flappo The Grate:
    9 LEE:

Lee

Before i get flamed, i meant on Community Server..  The new BeoWorld was built using Macs, and i'm on mine now!

However, CS works better on PC !!

Lee

• 04-18-2007 3:47 AM In reply to

• Bulgarien
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Denmark, Vest Sjaeland
    • Posts 201
    • Bronze Member

Thanks for the new site. Its have been a hard job to make, I can see.

I would like to shange the colour, and the  size at the headline in the beginning of the forum thread .

It is very difficult to read when the  "headline" and "posteded by" and "last reply""  are the same letters and colour.

"Posted by" and " last reply" are not so interesting, - make them  smaller with neutral colour(grey) , and the the headline bigger with a coulorful letters.(black) and in Bold

• 04-18-2007 4:09 AM In reply to

To all those people who have their heads stuck in the sand or up their ar** or wherever they have them stuck, the answer is simple.

Get a PC like the rest of us!

Mine works fine, even under the stairs, from where I am now communicating with all my friends with macs

Regards Graham

• 04-18-2007 4:14 AM In reply to

• henrik
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Stockholm, Sweden
    • Posts 299
    • Founder

joeyboygolf:

To all those people who have their heads stuck in the sand or up their ar** or wherever they have them stuck, the answer is simple.

Mine works fine, even under the stairs, from where I am now communicating with all my friends with macs

Stupidest post of the year? ;-) I use macs at home, windows at work, and it's nowadays very seldom that a site doesn't work properly also on the mac platform. In the few cases where there still are problems, lazy coding is often the problem (sites only wortking properly in IE, so also Firefox users on Windows have problems). Beoworld works great in Safari & Fireox on the mac platform, with the exception for some quirks in the forum and I don't know if this is related to browser bugs or errors in the forum software. Please don't turn this into the boring mac vs windows war.
  • 04-18-2007 4:25 AM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

henrik:
    joeyboygolf:

Stupidest post of the year? ;-) I use macs at home, windows at work, and it's nowadays very seldom that a site doesn't work properly also on the mac platform. In the few cases where there still are problems, lazy coding is often the problem (sites only wortking properly in IE, so also Firefox users on Windows have problems). Beoworld works great in Safari & Fireox on the mac platform, with the exception for some quirks in the forum and I don't know if this is related to browser bugs or errors in the forum software. Please don't turn this into the boring mac vs windows war.

I think the point being made is that people going on and on (and on and on...............) about how great macs are, and windoze etc becomes very wearing after a while. Its an old point, we all know some folk love macs to the exclusion of everything else but to continually find cause to bring it up at every opportunity is too much.

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 04-18-2007 4:59 AM In reply to

I dont like the thread overview page (i.e. General Forum front page) very much. I would like to have the topic text high-lighted in some form so it stands out more from the rest of page. This will make it easier / quicker for the user to understand the (new) topics and if he/she has read the thread before. You could also widen the thread overview page a bit - it feels a little bit cramped, which also contributes to making it slower to get the overview of the threads.

Otherwise I really like the design of the site.

Kind Regards

Christian 

• 04-18-2007 4:59 AM In reply to

I don't like the way the thread titles are listed on the forum pages. The titles don't stand out from not only each other but also the name of the person who last replied  and the bit that says "last reply" which are the same colour!!! and it's difficult to scan up and down the list. All I see when I do is :

Today 4:59

Today 3:00

Today 2:00

Today 1:00

etcStick out tongue

i.e the same as christian posted at approximately the same time as me lol 

that's at least 2 votes for change the view of the forum thread listing 

• 04-18-2007 5:06 AM In reply to

Also

Is the timezone set correct? It is currently 10 AM here in London, but my posting says around 5 (AM/PM?) - I know the server might not be in a GMT zone, but currently it is either East Coast US or somewhere in Russia ... Geeked

- Christian 

• 04-18-2007 5:19 AM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

Also, for people's information, any browsers which are based on WebKit 1.5 (not sure about 2.0) will have the same issues Safari users (such as myself) are complaining of.

This basically means all modern browsers on Linux bar Firefox and Opera.

On OS X, Safari, Camino, Shiira and Konfabulator are the most common people will encounter issues with.

Weekly top artists:                   

• 04-18-2007 6:07 AM In reply to

• saf
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 458
    • Founder

For me it's a bit early to judge, as I'm still trying to get familiar with the features: it looks like I've found out how to attach pictures to a post. Still can't figure out how to upload them into the PHOTOS section though ...

The picture above, by the way, is of the surroundings of the B&O Czech factory  and was taken on Sunday. The sun shone on the largest dark building pictured - the BeoFactory (as many here surely recognized)... 

Also, what I have learned from the locals: B&O seems serious developing their R&D capacity in the region investing in the state-of-the-art facility to help to/involve tech students in order to attract new talent and in exchange for their ideas.

Page 2 of 6 (145 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »