in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-22-2007 2:39 PM by Ericvr6. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-20-2007 9:38 AM

• Michael
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-23-2007
    • Atlanta, USA
    • Posts 318
    • Founder

trip to europe

With so many europeans posting here I thought I might ask if anyone had any thoughts on a short romantic trip I'm giving to my wife in late October.  
         We are spending the first half in Provence, France where we got engaged and also at lake Annacy, France south of lake Geneva.  I've never spent any time in either Germany or Switzerland so I thought it might be good to spend a few days traveling in that area for the second part of our trip.  
         The problem is I can't find much information about traveling that time of year.  My instinct tells me we might be better off doing anything "Alp"ish while in France as there may not be much to do in Switzerland that time of year at higher altitudes (Closings etc.)
         I have had notions of local German meals with giant mugs of beer and my wife would like to sip wine while taking in views of castles or something of the like.  We both like the outdoors.  We also will have a nice comfortable car and don't mind driving a bit. 
        Something within a half days drive from Zurich where we fly out from would be ideal.  We like unique places with few tourists and I thought it would be nice to spend atleast one night at a spectacularly elegant and extravagant hotel, resort or spa if there is such a place in the area.  

Also, she has indicated that my suggestion to visit Struer is not an option  
    Thanks.

-Michael

• 07-20-2007 11:10 AM In reply to

Re: trip to europe

hello

If you need informations about Italy let me know

Bye

Eugenio 

Eugenio Colazzo

• 07-20-2007 11:39 AM In reply to

if you need some info about Portugal just send me a private message.

Pedro "Less is more"

BV7-40 MKII + BL7.2 + BL9 + BL3 + BS4 + BL4 + A9 + Earset 2 + 2 x Beo4 + BeoCom 5

• 07-20-2007 11:49 AM In reply to

• Doc
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 585
    • Bronze Member

If you like rain, let me know.
  • 07-20-2007 3:57 PM In reply to

If you like constant rain and floods, let me know..

Regards Keith....

• 07-20-2007 5:38 PM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

If you like good beer, let me know

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 07-20-2007 11:54 PM In reply to

It can get a bit rainy in Germany or Switzerland around that time. It's not reallly a "few tourist" thing to do but I would probably do the trip to Munich. They have amazing art museums.

Zurich itself is supposed to be very beautiful as well and then there is Lake Como in Italy, touristy though as well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_Como

http://www.tablethotels.com/
    http://www.designhotels.com/

Cheers
    JK

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 07-21-2007 6:27 AM In reply to

Hi!  Send me a PM if you want to know anything about the Bernese Oberland.  We've been going to the same little village for 38 consecutive years with 'Old Timer' cars & know the area well.  These days the Grimsel & Susten Passes will be open until well into September so you've plenty of time.  Paradise & virtually crime free.  At the moment the Swiss franc is the most favourable for years.

Regards

John

• 07-21-2007 6:31 AM In reply to

Hah!  just woken up & noticed you are going late October so the passes will be closed although the Brunig will remain open through the Winter.  Super time of the year with the Autumn foliage & sparkling clear air

John

• 07-22-2007 2:34 PM In reply to

• beodim
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Switzerland
    • Posts 130
    • Founder

Michael

Late October is not the best time to spend holidays in Switzerland as the summer is over but the ski season has not started yet. In addition, it can be quite rainy and already chilly in the mountain regions. Some hotels even close for this time of the year. You may most likely find a nice weather in the Ticino region of Switzerland (Italian speaking), which has its own microclimate and is around 3-4 hours from Zurich by car.

Anyway, if you are happy to spend most of the day in a hotel spa, there are plenty of nice hotels in the area around Zurich (either Switzerland or Austria). You can search and also book on the following websites:

For Switzerland:

http://www.tourismus-schweiz.ch/?EN

For Austria:

http://www.bestwellnesshotels.at/en

BV7-40, BC6-26, DVD2, BCordV8000, BS4, BS2, BS Ouverture, BC9500, BM8000, BCord9000, BL8000, BL6000, BL2, BL3, BVox4500, BCom6000, Beomedia1, BCom5, Serenata

• 07-22-2007 2:39 PM In reply to

• Ericvr6
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • The Netherlands
    • Posts 205
    • Bronze Member

Why not Amsterdam
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)