in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-22-2007 2:53 PM by GuyHui . 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-20-2007 8:11 AM

• Michael
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-23-2007
    • Atlanta, USA
    • Posts 318
    • Founder

I killed the iphone

I think I'm the first to baptize my iphone in the atlantic.  Long story I'm on a week long production trip and I was demonstrating something to my crew on the waters edge and got hit by a wave that crashed a little over knee height.  The phone was in my pocket and I was surprised it had even gotten that wet when I removed it from my pocket.  But that's all it took.   I probably could have saved it if I could have opened it up and removed battery etc. clean and dry.  Unfortunatey, although it seems sealed like a submarine it might as well have a screen door on the bottom and top through those speaker grilles and top earphone plug which seem to act as airflow entrances into it cavern like innards.  Apparently it can receive liquids quite effectively.
        The worst part was being on a logistically complex trip and loosing my communication for two days.  Luckily they had an iphone in nearby Norfolk's Apple store that I was able to get.  It took under three minutes to activate and sync.  It even remembered my call history!

-Michael

• 07-20-2007 8:14 AM In reply to

Re: I killed the iphone

Salt water and mobile phones ... I managed to kill two cell phones in one day's worth of sailing, some years back.

You do have one heck of a paper weight, though!

• 07-20-2007 9:17 AM In reply to

Should have bought Nokia ;)
  • 07-20-2007 9:51 AM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

...then you'd have pants software to match the mediocre hardware.

Weekly top artists:                   

• 07-21-2007 12:25 PM In reply to

hmm ...

• 07-21-2007 12:48 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

nobby:

Lost count how many times my Nokia phones have left my pocket and crashed to the ground. Never managed to break one yet. even got them wet a few times.  

CraigSmile 

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 07-22-2007 10:08 AM In reply to

• Kevin
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-15-2007
    • Posts 1,256
    • Founder

Craig:

nobby:

Lost count how many times my Nokia phones have left my pocket and crashed to the ground. Never managed to break one yet. even got them wet a few times.  

CraigSmile 

Have to agree here they are very difficult to kill. Regularly dropped mine into hot chemical laden dishwasher water. Dried them on the air vents of the van and good as new even a bit cleaner lol

Kevin 

• 08-04-2007 10:00 AM In reply to

• marc
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Paris
    • Posts 23
    • Bronze Member

Hi !
    I did not kill my first two Nokia phones : They just died. The first one, one week after the end of warranty, got a black spot on the display as if the display was broken; but it was not. Then the second one - once again short time after the end of the warranty - started to display things like hieroglyphs. Now I have a 6230i wich I choosed because I was used to the Nokia interface, until it dies by itself, probably right after... you know what.
    So, my next Phone will certainly be an iPhone !
    Note : Neer the see, put your phone in a small plastic bag (event if does not look so good !)
    Marc
    Happy thankful 2nd prize draw winner of a Beosound 3 in june 2007
  • 09-01-2007 2:00 PM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

I killed a Nokia

I think Nokias can be killed though. My first Nokia (a 3210) had a beautiful death: it was killed by a pint of beer. Beer
    A friend of mine tipped out a pint of beer over it, and as I "did not have the time" to open and dry it, it did not work any more the day after. I think cell phones don't like beer...

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 10-10-2007 11:50 AM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

Here you can see another guy who killed his iPhone...

http://www.willitblend.com/videos.aspx?type=unsafe&video=iphone

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 10-22-2007 2:53 PM In reply to

tom:
    Here you can see another guy who killed his iPhone...

http://www.willitblend.com/videos.aspx?type=unsafe&video=iphone

Hi Tom,

Do you think it could come over a Beo4 ?

I doubt about it... 

Guy 

--= "Everything gets done with Patience" =-- --= "Less is More" - Mies Van der Rohe"

--= BV10 46", BL8K, BL4K, BL2, BS Ouverture, BC6000 (Mk3), BT1100, Beo4 , A8 and ...the Atomic Floyd "Airjax+Mic" earphones =--

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)