in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-04-2008 2:50 PM by Hagen2000. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-20-2007 3:56 AM

Beocom 6000 handset power off/on issues

I have a Beocom 6000 MkII handset and base charger and for some reason whenever a call comes in where the caller ID is displayed as "anonymous call" the handset powers off and then powers back on. "Anonymous call" caller ID will be displayed whenever the caller has asked for their number to be witheld, as happens with many large organisations where the calls go out through a PBX. Consequently, I can never answer these calls and have to sit there and wait while the handset powers itself off and on and off and on until eventually BT 1571 kicks in and the caller leaves a message which I then have to dial in to collect and return the call. Any suggestion? It's most frustrating.
    Filed under:
  • 07-20-2007 5:34 AM In reply to

Re: Beocom 6000 handset power off/on issues

Based on your description I would say the phone has a fault.

Have you always had this fault ?

Do you have more than one BeoCom 6000 registered to the base ? If so, does the problem happen to the other phones.

How long have you had the phone ?

Is it still under warranty ?

Regards Keith....

• 07-20-2007 8:42 AM In reply to

Hi, I've had the phone a couple of years now (chances are it's out of the warranty period) but it started doing it a few months ago. It wasn't that much of a problem as most "anonymous call" IDs were in the evening from people trying to sell stuff I didn't want. However, it's become an issue of late because I now work from home and people can't get hold of me.
    Filed under:
  • 07-20-2007 8:43 AM In reply to

Sorry, should have said, only 1 x Beocom 6000 and one base station - no additional handsets.
  • 07-20-2007 2:31 PM In reply to

Well, based on your feedback I think you have a faulty pcb in the phone which will need to be repaired.

You can take it to your B&O dealer or is this something you are willing to deal with yourself with instruction ?

Regards Keith....

• 02-04-2008 7:30 AM In reply to

• ohall
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-04-2008
    • Posts 1
    • Bronze Member

I have a very similar probelm to yours - I have a later model Beocom 6000 and it's showing exactly the same symptoms of powering off (and occasionally completely freezing) when "Withheld"/Anonymous calls come through.

I understand the "faulty phone" argument, but I have to say I'm a little sceptical too as I have 3 BeoCom 6000s - 2 old ones and the newer model - and the first two had a persistent fault where they'd disconnect from the basestation.  It took me quit a while to convince the dealer that there was a fault with the unit (as opposed to range/interference problems) but following a firmware update, the phones pretty reliably now (I won't go so far as to say "perfectly" though).  It was really only when I printed out other B&O user's comments from various sources that the issue was taken seriously.

Now - back to the Mk II BeoCom 6000 - I've always had the problem, and stupidly lived with it, but like you, I'm now working from home and the phone lock-ups are a problem.  It's only a gut feel, but the behaviour looks very much like a software problem to me - I would expect a hardware fault to be far more random when it decides to power on/off.  As such, I'd hope B&O would be rather more open about providing a firmware update.

I'm going to take up the problem with the dealer and see what happens.  I'll post back when I have an answer.

• 02-04-2008 7:44 AM In reply to

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

hello i had this problem and the local store needed to update the software for me and after its been fine sincd.

Beovision 7 MKIV (Blu Ray)
    Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 02-04-2008 2:50 PM In reply to

Hello together,

I suffer from the same problem randomly (BeoCom 6000 Mk I) though it has become better since some months. However my problem is that the base station "disconnects" from the phone line and has to be reset by powering it down and up again.

Hagen

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)