in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-18-2007 10:46 AM by Beobuddy. 15 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (16 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-17-2007 5:28 PM

HDR1/LX

Is the HDR-1 compatible with the Beovision LX5500/beolink 1000? No problems with the DVD1/V8000 but does HDR-1 specifically require Beo 4 or additional software present in more modern TV's.
  • 07-17-2007 6:14 PM In reply to

Re: HDR1/LX

No it's not compatible, nothing to do with the remote. The HDR require two-way datalink on the av, is only on newer TV's
  • 07-18-2007 1:39 AM In reply to

• Mico
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-06-2007
    • Finland
    • Posts 136
    • Founder

bang1:
    No it's not compatible, nothing to do with the remote. The HDR require two-way datalink on the av, is only on newer TV's

Are you sure about this? In my parents' setup a non B&O STB is connected to an LX4500 and if you do not power up and down the setup in correct order the LX freezes. In my opinion (not knowledge) this has something to do with two-way datalinking.

LX supports two way remotes but this is naturally an other thing. HDR1 requires Beo4 to control some features. BL1000 misses some important commands. If there is way to go around this I would also be interested.

• 07-18-2007 1:45 AM In reply to

• Roger
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Norway
    • Posts 870
    • Founder

Post #1: These chassis (TV's) are compatible with the HDR-1:

• 07-18-2007 1:46 AM In reply to

• Roger
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Norway
    • Posts 870
    • Founder

Post #2 - cont'd:

• 07-18-2007 1:47 AM In reply to

• Roger
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Norway
    • Posts 870
    • Founder

Post #3 - cont'd:

• 07-18-2007 2:48 PM In reply to

yes but its something to do with the data communication, because the Avant-VTR can't control it editor..
  • 07-20-2007 12:33 PM In reply to

• berlin2010
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-20-2007
    • Johannesburg, SA
    • Posts 8
    • Gold Member

Roger,

slightly off-topic. Your attachments talk about Setup 1 through 4... what are these? Or put differently I presume the rest of the document from which your attachments came describes different setups? I am having a slight problem with my HDR1, BV7 and STB to play together nicely - maybe if I had a look at the four setups it'd help solve my problem?

Jacques

• 07-20-2007 2:03 PM In reply to

david707:
    Is the HDR-1 compatible with the Beovision LX5500/beolink 1000? No problems with the DVD1/V8000 but does HDR-1 specifically require Beo 4 or additional software present in more modern TV's.

I think it will work.

The only thing which won't work is the record record function. Then it will stall.

If the V8000 works fine, then the HDR1 will also work as it comes to tuning. The V8000 downloads the tuning presets and so the HDR1 will do.

You can use a BL1000 because the HDR1 don't need special instructions. It will respond to the  Vtape instruction, there is a menu button on the BL1000 and the colored buttons from the Beo4 can be done by presing Shift followed by one of the arrow button <<, >>, ^ or v.

I have tested a HDR-1 with a MX7000, and it works. It is not official supported because it will sometimes stop responding to the record (2x) instruction. For recording you can still use teletext or the timer-function.

• 07-20-2007 2:25 PM In reply to

• Roger
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Norway
    • Posts 870
    • Founder

berlin2010:

Roger,

slightly off-topic. Your attachments talk about Setup 1 through 4... what are these? Or put differently I presume the rest of the document from which your attachments came describes different setups? I am having a slight problem with my HDR1, BV7 and STB to play together nicely - maybe if I had a look at the four setups it'd help solve my problem?

Jacques

All - have a look in our user & service manual section, there you will find all supported MX tv's listed and more.

Jacques,

With the BV7 you have two options:

1) Connect the STB to the HDR-1: This will give you the option of pausing live television. The downsides are that your BV7 will not accept a digital sound feed (SPDIF) from your STB and distribution to link rooms (se below). Also, all timer recordings will have to be entered through text-tv or via the menu on the HDR-1.

2) Connect the HDR-1 to the BV7 and connect the STB to the BV7. You loose the option of pausing live television, but you can enjoy digital surround sound (via SPDIF).

Quite obviously - in 1) you can not watch the STB in one room and the HDR-1 in another as they are sending their signal through one singel scart cable.

Hope this helps,
    Roger

• 07-20-2007 2:36 PM In reply to

If you read Roger's 2nd post you will see that MX4-6-7000 is not supported, Mx6000 and Lx6000 has the same chassis, you can control it by the LX6000 but it can't get the channels from the LX. An there are no Manuel tuning on the hdr1.
  • 07-20-2007 7:10 PM In reply to

Ok, but not supported doesn't  always means that it won't work. It probably will not not function completely or reliable.

I know that the combination of a LX5500 and V8000 works and communicate together about  the tuning presets.

So I wonder why a HDR1 doesn't.

• 09-17-2007 4:41 PM In reply to

• berlin2010
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-20-2007
    • Johannesburg, SA
    • Posts 8
    • Gold Member

Roger:
    berlin2010:

Roger,

Jacques

All - have a look in our user & service manual section, there you will find all supported MX tv's listed and more.

Jacques,

1) Connect the STB to the HDR-1: This will give you the option of pausing live television. The downsides are that your BV7 will not accept a digital sound feed (SPDIF) from your STB and distribution to link rooms (se below). Also, all timer recordings will have to be entered through text-tv or via the menu on the HDR-1.

2) Connect the HDR-1 to the BV7 and connect the STB to the BV7. You loose the option of pausing live television, but you can enjoy digital surround sound (via SPDIF).

Quite obviously - in 1) you can not watch the STB in one room and the HDR-1 in another as they are sending their signal through one singel scart cable.

Hope this helps,
    Roger

Roger 

Thanks for the detailed response (and apologies for my long silence).

So basically I am stuck with two options, neither being entirely satisfactory.... Of the two options I prefer the first, pausing live TV is really useful and my Satellite TV provider doesn't do digital sound yet (very limited, like two movies a week...).

The catch is if I connect as per option 1 the to watch TV I can't simply press DTV or similar, I have to go V.Mem then select STB. Any way around this? I know the BV7 allows me to append a source to V.Mem, but if I append STB(DTV) then the DTV button on the Beo4 goes direct to my STB feed, but I lose the ability to pause live TV again (even though the STB is connected to the HDR1).

Another issue is that if I connect as per option 1 and accept the clumsy V.Mem > STB remote action to watch TV, pressing the Record button on the Beo4 does not as one would imagine start recording, it brings up a Record menu with the only option not blanked out being Record List which if I choose takes me to a blank screen. So the Record button is also rendered useless. The only way to Record is V.Mem and the select Record.

So basically even though I get to pause Live TV I cripple my remote and am forced to do everything through the HDR's menu (V.Mem > Record or V.Mem > STB to watch TV). Surely this can't be right? I can get better integration than this with a third party DVR and a DVD controller...

What am I missing? Hope you have some ideas, I've tried everything I can think of and am at a loss..

Jacques

• 09-18-2007 9:57 AM In reply to

• Roger
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Norway
    • Posts 870
    • Founder

Jacques,

In your case, you will just have to memorize the function of the coloured buttons (green = direct hard drive access, yellow = turn on STB).

Then you just have to press V MEM + YELLOW...

Roger

• 09-18-2007 10:38 AM In reply to

The Stig - ver. 1.4:
    yes but its something to do with the data communication, because the Avant-VTR can't control it editor..

If had several changes to experiment with the HDR-1 combined with a MX7000 and Avant VTR, type 8100 and 8300).

It will work with a MX7000 or LX 6000, the channels will be dumped to the HDR-1 or 2.

It won't work with an Avant VTR, because there is an internal datalink, which you can't interupt/disconnect.

Even if you have an Avant, type 8300, with the latest software 4.2 combined with the Dolby Digital sound board.

If you set the Avant in the service menu (4) to "No VTape", there will be no tunerdump on the "Vtape" socket to the HDR-1.

It all has to do with the intenal connection between the Avant and the buid-in VTape.

The only way is to set it as a Vtape-2 on the AV socket. It will respond to Vtape2 instructions.

After putting all the sockets (Vtape, AV and Decoder) to "None", disconnect the Avant and HDR from the mains, and the reconnect to the mains there will be a tunerdump on the "AV"socket.

The main problem is, you need the tunerdump. If the HDR-1 hasn't done that, you're not able to make any timerrecordings. Even when you make them in the timerrecord menu from the HDR-1/2. The timerled will not show up.

If you have had the the tunerdump, it will light up.

If you have an Avant DVD, then there is a datalink on the Vtape socket and that's why it is supported.

• 09-18-2007 10:46 AM In reply to

berlin2010:
    Roger:
    berlin2010:

Roger,

Jacques

Jacques,

Hope this helps,
    Roger

Roger 

Thanks for the detailed response (and apologies for my long silence).

So basically I am stuck with two options, neither being entirely satisfactory.... Of the two options I prefer the first, pausing live TV is really useful and my Satellite TV provider doesn't do digital sound yet (very limited, like two movies a week...).

The catch is if I connect as per option 1 the to watch TV I can't simply press DTV or similar, I have to go V.Mem then select STB. Any way around this? I know the BV7 allows me to append a source to V.Mem, but if I append STB(DTV) then the DTV button on the Beo4 goes direct to my STB feed, but I lose the ability to pause live TV again (even though the STB is connected to the HDR1).

Another issue is that if I connect as per option 1 and accept the clumsy V.Mem > STB remote action to watch TV, pressing the Record button on the Beo4 does not as one would imagine start recording, it brings up a Record menu with the only option not blanked out being Record List which if I choose takes me to a blank screen. So the Record button is also rendered useless. The only way to Record is V.Mem and the select Record.

So basically even though I get to pause Live TV I cripple my remote and am forced to do everything through the HDR's menu (V.Mem > Record or V.Mem > STB to watch TV). Surely this can't be right? I can get better integration than this with a third party DVR and a DVD controller...

What am I missing? Hope you have some ideas, I've tried everything I can think of and am at a loss..

Jacques

I think the easiest solution is to use the HDR-1 on the Vtape socket and then you are able to make analog recordings.

Buy yourself a PVR, like the Topfield 4000/5x00/6  PVR etc and attache it to the AV socket. If you're watching you can freeze/pause the program and you're recordings has the same quality as when you watch then live.

Or buy yourself a DVD-2.Wink 

Page 1 of 1 (16 items)