in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-23-2010 8:11 AM by pb. 12 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-17-2007 3:14 PM

Beocom 6000 Conundrum

I have inherited some Beocom 6000 kit that was previously installed and left in my parents' new house when they purchased it. I would appreciate some advice on how to make best use of the following:

2 x PSTN Base units with power supply and telephone line.

6 x Mark I Beocom 6000 handsets and pyramid charger units.

Sounds simple so far, but here's the problem: 5 of the handsets are registered to Base (1) that is protected with an unknown PIN. 1 handset is registered to Base (2) that is not PIN protected. (The previous owner used this one as his work phone on a seperate line). 2 of the handsets that are registered to Base (1) do not access the menu function (when I press dot followed by 7, I just see 7 in the display). Other than that, they are working OK.

Ideally, I would like to register all six handsets to one PSTN Base, but cannot register the odd one without the PIN and am fearful of reseting Base (1) as I may then "lose" the two handsets that have no menu.

Any suggestions gratefully received, as I want to make best use of this wonderful kit.

Regards, Paul

Filed under:
  • 07-17-2007 3:22 PM In reply to

Re: Beocom 6000 Conundrum

Paul,

You have provided a lot of data here, but one thing stands out and that is the requirement of a pin code. On Mark I whilst there is a standard default pin for the base unit, because of a software error, if you have 6 handsets already registered to the base, then when you register the seventh it requests a pin and no matter what pin you use you will not register until previous units are de-registered.

See other threads on this where I have given greater detail. I will provide a link in a subsquent response.

Regards Keith....

• 07-17-2007 3:23 PM In reply to

You could try 0000 as the pin. Maybe it's been activated but not changed from default.

Other wise wait until you hear from Keith Saunders. He's a bit of an expert on these things!

The non working "DOT" key is a common fault apparently. Just fixed one of mine with a new front for not much more than a tenner.

Edit

See, he's here already!!!!

Regards Graham

• 07-18-2007 3:58 PM In reply to

Paul,

First of all, sorry for the delay in getting back to you, but today has been a very busy day.

Let me take the easy points first, you said:-

• Two of the handsets that are registered to Base 1 do not access the menu function (when I press dot followed by 7, I just see 7 in the display). Other than that, they are working OK.

This problem is not un-common and is caused by a failure of the DOT key itself or the conductor to the circuit board, either way quite easy to fix. There is a couple of options available to you here which I will discuss later.

Now I need a couple of answers before I can give you further guidance as follows:-

1. You say you have two PSTN base units, are they the old or new version ? I am guessing they are the old version because you have Mark I handsets, but given you have two one may have been purchased at a different time..
    2. You say you have a pyramid charger unit, is it just a charger or is it a combined charger and base unit. In other words does it have a phone line as well ? The early pyramid bases were charger and phone base combined.

The default pin for the base is 0000, but this almost certainly will not help you because whilst your 5 handsets are registered to the base, the base actually thinks six are registered. This may be because at one time one handset was registered to two bases at the same time which you can do. In fact you can register a handset to up to 4 bases at the same time

Use one of the registered handsets, then go through the de-registration process for a Mark I phone as below:-

1. Press the  black DOT then MENU (7) 
    2. Turn dial clockwise until you get to REMOVE HANDSET the press the centre button.
    3. First handset is displayed, turn the dial to a handset other than the one you are using, then press the centre button to remove that handset.
    4. Repeat above until no handsets are shown registered.

Now you should be able to register all six handsets.

Once I get your feedback I can provide further guidance

Regards Keith....

• 07-18-2007 4:22 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Keith Saunders:
    1. Press the  black DOT then MENU (7) 
    2. Turn dial clockwise until you get to REMOVE HANDSET the press the centre button.

Keith could I be so bold as to suggest....

1a. Scroll to Handset/Base and press OK
        2 Turn dial clockwise.....

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 07-18-2007 4:58 PM In reply to

Keith,

Thanks for your time on this.

In answer to your questions, I have looked at the FAQ section (very useful photos) and identified my units as the old version PSTN bases (with consecutive PARK numbers). The pyramid bases are simply chargers. No phone line or little light.

Regards,

Paul

• 07-20-2007 4:09 PM In reply to

I am pleased that you spotted that Andy, you passed today's test

Paul,

I suggest you use the base which is not pin protected and registered each phone with it. It does not matter if a phone is registered to the other base, after all your objective is to have six handsets working with one base.

With regards to the two handsets which will not go into the menu, these will need some replacement parts which will cost around £15 per handset

Regards Keith....

• 07-20-2007 5:15 PM In reply to

Thanks Keith,

How do I get the two handsets fixed? Is it something I can do myself, or do I need to take them to a dealer?

Regards,

Paul

• 07-20-2007 5:37 PM In reply to

Paul,

The problem with the two handsets is almost certainly a faulty keypad, so you could order a couple of keypads and replace them yourself, I can tell you how to do it. You could get the dealer to do it for you.

Regards Keith....

• 07-21-2007 4:43 AM In reply to

I replaced the keypad on one of mine recently following discussions with Keith. Now looks and works like new.

If you are not mechanically minded it is probably worth getting your dealer to fit the replacements.

Regards Graham

• 07-21-2007 4:55 AM In reply to

I'm fairly handy with a screwdriver, so would like to try it myself.

Can I buy the parts online?

Paul

• 07-21-2007 6:08 AM In reply to

Paul,

I have sent you a detailed e-mail which provides you with all the options

Regards Keith....

• 02-23-2010 8:11 AM In reply to

• pb
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-23-2010
    • Posts 1
    • Bronze Member

Hi Keith,

I think I have a similar problem with some MK1 handsets; one has non-responsive power and call/telephone buttons, the other just has a faulty call/telephone button. 

Could you let me know of the options and the tips on how to replace the keypad (once I get my hands on one).

Regards,

Peb

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)