in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-18-2007 5:14 PM by Graeme. 13 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-17-2007 10:21 AM

• steph
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • France
    • Posts 612
    • Bronze Member

Any fresh news about BeoSound 6 ?

Hey, guys !

Have you got any fresh news about the release of the BeoSound 6 ?

It's a product for summer time but it seems B&O targets the summer for the BeoSound 3 !

Any news ?   Cool 

• 07-17-2007 10:23 AM In reply to

• archie
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Paris
    • Posts 497
    • Bronze Member

Re: Any fresh news about BeoSound 6 ?

it was launched last week, for only..... 800 us$

DU BEAU, DU BON, DU BO.

• 07-17-2007 11:02 AM In reply to

• Beo
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 108
    • Bronze Member

where do u get this news? any webpages have more information?
  • 07-17-2007 11:24 AM In reply to

archie:

it was launched last week, for only..... 800 us$

No press release from B&O... So no product launch... Just because some Gadget sites/blogs mentioned it as "launch" doesn't mean that the product is officialy launched...

Karel.

The race for quality has no finish line- so technically, it's more like a death march.

• 07-17-2007 12:20 PM In reply to

One dealer told me it would only be released by year-end..which is perfect for our southern hemisphere summer! Stick out tongue

I wonder how B&O plan their launch schedules, this product should have indeed been launched before European summer holidays , so that all rich(!) people buy it to their kids as a present for them passing their exams, or something like that..I think a lot of people would have enjoyed taking the plane or going to the beach with this new toy!

A friend on mine has the Samsung version, and it is very compact,light, robust, the 4Gb version has a built-in radio, microphone, photo viewer, so why wouldn't B&O keep that? It would justify the higher price compared to BS2. The sound is very very good, most people consider the Samsung to be the only Ipod Nano alternative, so...Only the screen disappointed me, for photo viewing, I found it lacked contrast, as pictures were quite pale.

What I like however about this product is that it finally has a single & direct USB connection for downloading & battery charging, so you no longer need to travel with the B&O "travel charger" that was bigger & heavier than BS2 itselfSad, and also that you won't need BeoPlayer anymore to store your music files. And the Samsung player has the longest playing time of all present MP3 players, around 30 hours!

What I can't understand is that B&O designed a complete range of SD-card based products (BS2/3/4), & then suddenly changes its strategy (reminds me of 2-way remotes or the colour range that changes as soon as you've finally got the complete system at home).

Reunion Island is greeting you!

• 07-17-2007 12:39 PM In reply to

Chrisreunion:

What I can't understand is that B&O designed a complete range of SD-card based products (BS2/3/4), & then suddenly changes its strategy ...

Quite mystifying, actually. Maybe due to short-term memory being faulty? Devil

• 07-17-2007 1:04 PM In reply to

• steph
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • France
    • Posts 612
    • Bronze Member

Thanks for the infos, guys !

So, let's wait !  Cool 

• 07-17-2007 1:57 PM In reply to

• TWG
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 950
    • Gold Member

I think the beosound 6 is just a shame for B & O. Beosound 2 was unique and well made but this samsung with a B & O print on it ... oh no, we want REAL Bang & Olufsen products made in Denmark from that lovely company in Denmark :-)
  • 07-18-2007 12:09 AM In reply to

Well, it is not the first time B&O rebadges products..as far as I know all previous cell phones were, and the Serene is also made by Samsung! And the DVD2 is a rebadged Philips. I sometimes wish they took the best products from other manufacturers, improved design & user interface & re-badged them. It would have avoided flops like DVD1...

Reunion Island is greeting you!

• 07-18-2007 1:49 AM In reply to

• Roger
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Norway
    • Posts 870
    • Founder

As BeoWorld wrote initially: BeoSound 6 will be a small part of B&O's Summer Campagin 2007, but it is not scheduled for launch until October.

Roger 

• 07-18-2007 9:21 AM In reply to

Chrisreunion:
    Well, it is not the first time B&O rebadges products..as far as I know all previous cell phones were, and the Serene is also made by Samsung! And the DVD2 is a rebadged Philips. I sometimes wish they took the best products from other manufacturers, improved design & user interface & re-badged them. It would have avoided flops like DVD1...

But that is what the DVD1 was! As some people know who found that in certain circumstances  the menu reverted to the Philips one! Laughing 

• 07-18-2007 11:29 AM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

But the DVD 1 was not exactly the most fantastically built device, and cost heck of a lot of money for what it was!

Weekly top artists:                   

• 07-18-2007 1:38 PM In reply to

• Beo
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 108
    • Bronze Member

i agree. If this is really a B&O product, then I guess B&O cannot be proud of themselves for beautiful design anymore.

i guess we should try to buy B&O as soon as possible, or otherwise, future B&O will not be worth to buy anymore.
  • 07-18-2007 5:14 PM In reply to

• Graeme
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Aberdeenshire Scotland
    • Posts 194
    • Bronze Member

Yip.................there is one up for grabs on next months prize draw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU GOTTA BE GOLD TO BE INIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!Party!!!

Cheers Graeme
Page 1 of 1 (14 items)