in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-02-2007 9:28 AM by Peter. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-17-2007 8:10 AM

• Fluff
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 1
    • Bronze Member

Beogram 4000

Hi

I'm looking for some advice, I have a beogram 4000 that I'm not sure what to do with.  It needs fixing, the silver panelling round the turntable is all loose and one piece is missing, but it does turn on and light up. This used to belong to my brother so I have no idea about these things, its been lying round the house for almost 10 years now and its time to get rid of it.  I don't know how much these sell for now, especially in this condition, is it worth paying to get it fixed and then selling it?

Thanks for any help

• 04-17-2007 8:31 AM In reply to

• Kevin
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-15-2007
    • Posts 1,256
    • Founder

Re: Beogram 4000

Up and running and in good nick they can go for several hundred pounds (with a cartridge) but after repairs you might not have much left over. Most fix them up as a labour of love because they are a great deck.

Sure you wouldn't rather keep it? 

• 04-29-2007 12:01 PM In reply to

Get it repaired, and keep it. I did and dont look back. I sold my Linn LP 12 to keep mine..one of the best kept B&O secrets of all time probably.
  • 04-29-2007 12:53 PM In reply to

The loose panels will just be because the front has slid forward. They will fix back in - if you know how!
  • 07-27-2007 2:47 PM In reply to

I have a beogram 4000 too in need of repair. Can anyone tell me who could fix it for me in the UK?
    Thanx.
  • 07-27-2007 2:55 PM In reply to

davidlitman:
    I have a beogram 4000 too in need of repair. Can anyone tell me who could fix it for me in the UK?
    Thanx.

Tim Jarman might be a good bet. You can contact him through the Beocentral website at: www.beocentral.com

He did a great job on my Beolit 609, and I understand that he worked on the Beomaster 8000 I'm listening to now before I bought it from its previous owner, so I couldn't recommend him more!

John

President, Beomaster 8000 Appreciation Society

• 07-27-2007 3:38 PM In reply to

Hi John, I can't believe someone has taken the trouble to answer my query so quickly. Golly-gosh and thank you very much. I will contact Tim soon as I can and keep you posted how I get on. Many thank again.
    David
  • 07-27-2007 3:59 PM In reply to

davidlitman:
    Hi John, I can't believe someone has taken the trouble to answer my query so quickly. Golly-gosh and thank you very much. I will contact Tim soon as I can and keep you posted how I get on. Many thank again.
    David

No worries David - there are some who are even quicker on this forum :)

Good luck and do let us know how you get on. I have a BG4002 and these are lovely pieces of engineering, particularly the 4000!

John

• 10-02-2007 8:37 AM In reply to

Hi John
    Its been some time now but here is the latest. Everything is good!
    Tim Jarman knows his stuff and duly repaired and serviced the deck at a reasonable cost. I thouroughly recommend him. Unfortuanatly, the MCC4000 had packed up on one channel so I bought a new one from Soundsmith in the U.S.
    This deck has now relativley cost me a small fortune. But now I have a fantastic sounding, easy to use, work of art.
    My warning to everyone is...DO NOT BUY FROM E-BAY. There are some right sharks.
    By the way, Tim returned the unit to me in bits for safety reasons. I was able to see the amazing engineering in this product. No wonder B&O lost money on this one.
    Thanks again for your promt guidance.
    David.
  • 10-02-2007 9:17 AM In reply to

You're welcome David!

Thanks for updating us. It's good to hear that one of these wonderful machines has been returned to its former glory. I'm sure you'll enjoy it for many years to come :)

Do keep coming back to Beoworld. I first posted asking how I could get my Beolit 609 fixed (and came away with Tim Jarman's contact details) and have kept coming back ever since as my passion for B&O (as well as my collection) has grown!

John

• 10-02-2007 9:28 AM In reply to

Tim is indeed a superb engineer and a good friend. He has fixed countless bits for me and I cannot recommend him highly enough.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)