in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-29-2012 2:19 PM by Hungedu. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-29-2012 12:26 PM

• pbsis
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-29-2012
    • Posts 1
    • Bronze Member

Beosound 9000 CD skipping

I recently pulled my old beosound out of storage and fired it up. Much to my dismay it was fairly dusty. I cleaned the glass and little glass pegs and plugged it in. It worked perfectly the CD mechanism went fast and with not stoppage or glitches. However when I tried to play a CD I would get interminnted skipping. Well I left it alone for awhile and went to work on another project. I came back and it seemed to work great. No skipping at all perfect sound etc. So I was confident that I had fixed it haha! Well its been a week or so and I turned it back on and guess what, the skipping is back. I dont know if its worth noting but the system is on the offical BO stand and upright. 

Im sure its just dust on some sensor or something and would LOVE some help on getting this thing running perfect again.

Thanks

Paul

• 02-29-2012 2:19 PM In reply to

• Hungedu
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-08-2009
    • Ambergris Caye, Belize
    • Posts 128
    • Bronze Member

Re: Beosound 9000 CD skipping

Maybe blowing a little compressed air at the laser lens will do the trick. Make sure you also clean the little clear tabs at either end of the unit where the glass door opens (the sensors that stop the clamper from moving if an object gets between them). If all else fails, you might need a new CD mechanism. I had mine replaced for $700 after 7 years of use.

BeoVision 7-55 3D, BeoSound 9000, BeoSound 8, BeoLab 7-6, BeoLab Penta III, BeoLab 8000, BeoLab 6000, BeoLab 2, LC-1, BeoTime (analog clock), Form 1 headphones, Beo 4 remote.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)