in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-28-2012 11:07 AM by elephant. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-27-2012 9:54 PM

Can u give me comment about Beosound4?

Hi all, I am a new comer from Hong Kong. I owned my 2nd hand Beosound Ouverture with Beolab 4000 long time ago.

I like the function of Beosound 4 playing SD card. During my limited money, do u think is it worth to upgrading? Or, I save my money first and buy Beosound 5 later?

I hope your advice will help me, thanks.
  • 02-27-2012 11:51 PM In reply to

Re: Can u give me comment about Beosound4?

I was never really sold on the SD card. It must have a following elsewhere in the world. If you're going to splurge at some point I'd sit tight for a BeoSound 5. Better to get something that can play all of your digital music and not just what fits on an SD card. 

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 02-28-2012 3:11 AM In reply to

Yes, but sometime I love playing CD because I feel that the sound quality is a bit more dynamic. What do u think the sound quality of CD compare with digital in BS5? No different?
  • 02-28-2012 11:07 AM In reply to

I have a Beosound 4 -  I purchased it for the SD card compatability with my Beosound 2 and also for DAB.

As things turned out:

• the SD card has been used to record a few radio broadcasts - very few, but very important - for that alone it was probably worthwhile but not something I knew at the time of planning and buying !!
    • I tend to leave just one high capacity SD in that contains a selection of my wife's favourite music that we use as background to dinner parties
    • I am always amazed at how rich the sound of the music from the SD is - it seems as good as the original CD
    • the DAB has proven to be a non-event - we no longer listen to any radio except in the car

However these things irritate me about the design:

• inserting CDs is cumbersome - I always fear I am going to scratch the CD
    • when the glass door closes there is a click as the door catches the outside edge of the CD (but doesn't while the CD spins - go figure)

I hardly use the Beosound 4 these days, but I will keep it - and in that role I wish I had a Beosound 3000 or overture as I think they are more beautiful works of art/design

When the B&O future landscape stabilises I will buy a Beosound 5/Encore ... but not as a replacement of my Beosound 4 - my wife is wedded to CDs even though she does like the tactile nature of the Beosound 5/Encore

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)