in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-28-2012 6:36 AM by arnqvist. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-27-2012 4:48 PM

Beomaster 2400 remote input selection mod tip

Hi!

This is my first post here at this Forum!

I recently purchased a Beomaster 2400 with remote and I use it alot to play music from my computer aswell as my Playstation etc.

The remote adjusts volume, switches between FM-stations and Phono-input. But not Tape-input! Which is a pain if you use the reciever alot with external sources.

So i found this neat little way of modding the Program Selection circuit so when you press the 4th FM button (or any button you like) it switches to Tape-input. It even powers on as it supposed to and the indicator is showing the correct "T".

It was real easy and required just one cut in the pcb and one jumper cable which makes it real easy to restore to original configuration.

Connect the collector of TR16 (closest at R107) to after the Diode D31 and make a cut in the PCB between D31 and R120.

I'm far from an electronic expert but it seems to me as an harmless tweak.

Cheers

Here's the mod on the layout and schematic:

http://www.humbugvisuals.com/random/Bang_and_Olufsen_Beomaster_2400_schematic_remotemod.jpg

http://www.humbugvisuals.com/random/Bang_and_Olufsen_Beomaster_2400_remotemod_v001.jpg

• 02-27-2012 6:26 PM In reply to

Re: Beomaster 2400 remote input selection mod tip

Great! Yes -  thumbs up Will give it a trySmile

B&O item 1, B&O item 2, B&O item 3,...................B&O item 735

Beovirus? What's that?

• 02-28-2012 6:04 AM In reply to

Clever idea, I can't see any problem in it technically!

However, I would lift the anode of D31 instead of cutting the PCB track - same result, even easier to undo without any trace.

-mika

• 02-28-2012 6:36 AM In reply to

That's true! 

Though if your OK with a cut then all you have to dismount is the bottom plate to reveal the solder lugs of the relevant PCB:)

/Petter

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)