in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-29-2012 5:30 AM by fishta. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-27-2012 2:19 PM

• fishta
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-12-2009
    • London
    • Posts 79
    • Bronze Member

Why not to own a Beo5!

Just got home to find my Beo5 completely dead! Not good news now I can't even watch my beautiful 7-40! I've owned it for about 18 months and it's already on its second battery. I love it for being able to control everything when it has battery but now I have at least a week of not being able to watch TV on my B&O TV. I've just had to rig up the 32" Panasonic LCD in front of it from my guest bedroom and I miss the sound quality already!!

BeoVision 7-40 MkV

• 02-27-2012 2:39 PM In reply to

Re: Why not to own a Beo5!

Why not buy a cheap and cheerful Beolink 1000 on ebay to use as a spare or even a Beo4.

Both are ultra reliable, the batteries last for ages, they won't need programming at your dealer and they don't need to be plugged into the mains electricity!!

They might not look as flash as your Beo5 but you will at least be watching your TV!!!!

Regards Graham

• 02-27-2012 2:42 PM In reply to

• valve1
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-27-2009
    • Dublin Ireland
    • Posts 213
    • Gold Member

fishta:
    Beo5 completely dead!

Just to clarify, you are talking about the remote control ? If so I have one but never had battery issues, given a choice I am a beo4 fan!

• 02-27-2012 2:47 PM In reply to

• valve1
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-27-2009
    • Dublin Ireland
    • Posts 213
    • Gold Member

joeyboygolf:
    They might not look as flash as your Beo5 but you will at least be watching your TV!

+1

My beo5 fell off the couch and smashed my favourite whiskey glass...... it was not pushed!

• 02-27-2012 3:10 PM In reply to

• fishta
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-12-2009
    • London
    • Posts 79
    • Bronze Member

I used to have a Beo4 when I had a BeoVision 6 in my bedroom and I liked it but the problem is she found it too complicated!

I also had the bad luck with a glass. A friend of mine dropped it onto a pint glass an it cracked the screen!

What I wish is that I could use my iPhone as a controller in situations like this, like I can with the Samsung I now have in my bedroom and even te £100 Sony Blu-Ray player I have connected to it! All of that happens out of the box without having to spend £2000 on a ML Gateway!

BeoVision 7-40 MkV

• 02-27-2012 4:51 PM In reply to

fishta:

What I wish is that I could use my iPhone as a controller in situations like this, like I can with the Samsung I now have in my bedroom and even te £100 Sony Blu-Ray player I have connected to it! All of that happens out of the box without having to spend £2000 on a ML Gateway!

This I agree with

My B&O: 2009 Catalogue and Pricelist

• 02-29-2012 5:30 AM In reply to

• fishta
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-12-2009
    • London
    • Posts 79
    • Bronze Member

I am now a happy man again, and with remote and TV. 

Thanks to Stuart at B&O Ealing for not only staying after hours to look at it for me, but changing the keypad, bottom connector and programme all under warranty for me. Great service as ever, making the travel worthwhile!

BeoVision 7-40 MkV

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)