in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-27-2012 7:02 PM by Steffen. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-26-2012 5:12 PM

• Pablo
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-23-2012
    • Posts 4
    • Bronze Member

Beocenter 4600 tonearm counter weight missing! Replacement, anyone?

I bought a beautiful Beocenter 4600 in excellent condition, except for a few details... the most significant of which is that it is missing the counterweight on the tonearm! Anyone have a part they wish to donate, or know where I can buy one? Not having noticed, the stylus cartridge surround dragged its way accross the fist 6 or so seconds of an LP. :(    Crrrkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Also, should it not have come with a LW/MW aerial bar? There was nothing attached and the signal is pretty poor...!

Help! (the sound of a poor man biting off more than he could chew)

• 02-27-2012 7:02 PM In reply to

Re: Beocenter 4600 tonearm counter weight missing! Replacement, anyone?

I have also bought a Beocenter 4600 with the counterweight missing. My solution was to find a defective Beogram with the same arm.
    I found a Beogram 1902 without pickup and in poor condition - very cheap (100 DKKr -approx. 17-18$). I took the counterweight from that -and the motor (so I have a spare). And the rest of it went to the recycling station.

You have to connect an antenna. There is plugs for both AM and FM antennas. The flat antenna-plugs with the two pins are not easy to find today -but You can find them on the net. Otherwise -a piece of wire in the holes can do it as a temporary solution.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)