in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-29-2012 12:15 AM by beo-ap. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-25-2012 5:41 PM

ML Sources Question

I would like to access the audio from my AppleTV2 Connected to my BV8 (connected via HDMI) throught the rest of the system. This is my setup:

Avant - Video Master in a room by itself

Beosound 3000 - Audio Master in a room by itself

BV8 - Video slave in a room by itself

A ML Link Rooms using 2000 and 3500.

I can access audio from Avant in every room.

I can access audio from BS300 in every room.

I cannot access sound from BV8 anywhere.

I would like to access BV8 sound throughout. Is this possible. I will upgrade to BV10 in the future, but in the meantime...

Thanks.

• 02-25-2012 6:29 PM In reply to

Re: ML Sources Question

beo-ap:

If you mean ATV2 BV8 sound ... that is because the ATV2 sound is a digital signal through to the BV8, link room ML audio needs to be from an analogue source such as the Avant and the BS3000.

If you can hear the Avant sound, then you should be able to hear the BV8 analogue sound from say the [TV] function.

How did you set up the BV8 compared to the Avant ? (options, etc)

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 02-26-2012 10:17 AM In reply to

The Avant is a video master. The BV8 is a video slave. Option 6? So if I wanted to listen to an analogue source from say the BS 3000, what button combination would I use?

Thanks...

• 02-27-2012 12:58 AM In reply to

beo-ap:

The Avant is a video master. The BV8 is a video slave. Option 6? So if I wanted to listen to an analogue source from say the BS 3000, what button combination would I use?

Thanks...

My BV8 is the video master and I don't have any video slaves, but what happens when you press [CD] ?

I find the Beo4 manual confusing ... but also try [AV] (has to be programmed), or based on the following text perhaps [LINK-AV]:

LINK-AV (link audio/visual) Used to obtain stereo sound from your main Bang & Olufsen video system in a link room with a secondary video source, usually a TV.

Neither worked for me ... but [CD] does.

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 02-27-2012 5:37 AM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

beo-ap:

I would like to access the audio from my AppleTV2 Connected to my BV8 (connected via HDMI) throught the rest of the system. This is my setup:

Avant - Video Master in a room by itself

Beosound 3000 - Audio Master in a room by itself

BV8 - Video slave in a room by itself

A ML Link Rooms using 2000 and 3500.

I can access audio from Avant in every room.

I can access audio from BS300 in every room.

I would like to access BV8 sound throughout. Is this possible. I will upgrade to BV10 in the future, but in the meantime...

Thanks.

No, it`s not possible. Link products (slave) are local sources in linkrooms and video or audio can`t be distributed via Masterlink.

Link products are set to option 5 or 6. 

Connect your apple tv to your videomaster (Avant) via an HDMI - composite converter and control it via the puc in your Avant.

beo-ap:

Thanks...

BV8 is set up to V.OPT 6. Avant (videomaster) must be V.OPT 2 and BS3000 must be A.OPT 0. 

Press CD or RADIO and you should have access to your BS3000 via BV8.

Stefan

• 02-29-2012 12:15 AM In reply to

Ok, White somewhat disappointing this all actually makes sense. As for radio and cd, I can hear those perfectly on the BV8. I am considering the hdmi converter. Thanks for the feedback.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)