in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-22-2012 2:59 AM by SamWise72. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-21-2012 6:16 PM

Beovision Avant - can it be removed from the stand?

A Beovision Avant is for sale near me for a bargain price (the 28" version with VHS). I currently have a CRT with cable, so this would replace it nicely, giving me much better sound, probably better picture quality, and a better remote (the one on my current TV has questionable controls). The trouble is, I keep my TV in a lovely mahogany TV cabinet, which I like a lot, which houses the DVD and cable tv box as well, and which, as well as being a nice piece of furniture in its own right, serves to display other items on top. The Avant on its stand would lose all of that, as well as probably obscuring a lovely Iranian frame drum I have on the wall above the TV cabinet. In short, as cool as the powered stand looks, I don't want it. Is there any reason not to remove it from the stand and place it in the cabinet? Dimensionally, it will fit.

• 02-21-2012 7:47 PM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Re: Beovision Avant - can it be removed from the stand?

Nothing is impossible, but removing an avant and putting it into a mahogany TV cabinet would be pretty close to impossible, and VERY messy. It looks like it is on a stand because that is how it's been designed, but really, that stand houses all of the electronics and of course, the speakers.

If it's physically possible, i would re arrange my house and make room for the avant, because it is a storming TV and a beautiful piece of furniture on it's own. Alternatively, have you ever seen the Beovision 3? one of those may be more suitable...

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 02-22-2012 2:35 AM In reply to

Not impossible to do, but you for sure would need to be very competent and even then a very challenging task.

My preferred choice would be an MX7000 over both the avant or the BV3 ... but then I am a luddite :)

Neil

• 02-22-2012 2:59 AM In reply to

The BV3 does look ace, but I'll have to measure the cabinet to see if it will fit, and once again, it's on a stand. Can that be removed? I nearly bid on an MX6000, but I'm glad I asked about the Avant; I feared that the stand would be an issue. My lounge is full of organic things; a 1920's art deco walnut piano, a brown leather sofa, a teak sideboard etc. The look of the Avant on the stand, quite apart from the practical issues, is just too minimalist.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)