in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-25-2012 11:34 AM by MoglesMac. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-21-2012 11:18 AM

Poor MMC2?

Hello all,

I have a strange question. Im a happy owner of a 1st pressing of a Black Sabbath Vol 4 record however it has a MAJOR bump/jack in on one side. I have a few times played it with my MMC2 but everytime I qrinch and feel very sad for my MMC2 since its make very hard "knocks" til it has passed the area, it never skips tho, only sounds alot.

How bad is this for the MMC2? I dont sound very good for the pickup but am I just "sensitive"? 

Cheers

Jesper L

Sweden

• 02-21-2012 11:27 AM In reply to

• chartz
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-20-2009
    • Burgundy
    • Posts 984
    • Gold Member

Re: Poor MMC2?

Hi,

I suggest you should examine the LP with a magnifying glass, there must be some grime stuck to the surface!

Jacques

• 02-21-2012 6:16 PM In reply to

Hi,

Thanks for the fast reply, I have looked at it more carefully now and it looks like a small hole in the vinyl, almost like a "burn" just between track 3 and 4 of the side A. Im pretty sure its not dirt och grime but some sort of damage in the vinyl :( 

Jesper 

Sweden

• 02-23-2012 6:34 PM In reply to

• paul
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-10-2009
    • dublin
    • Posts 130
    • Gold Member

fantastic to have that album...i doubt if the occasional play would do any damage to your MMC2...sounds like the damge is alomst microscopic......

Im just waiting on a connection cable myself to hook up a Beogram 7000 (bought last month) with MMC2 to my system  - planning on connecting it to my BV7-40...so i cant wait to play my Sabbath n Floyd n Bowie vinyl's :):)

When i think of all that vinyl i dumped in the bin when the gloroius CD arrived :(:(:(...makes me weep!!!!!

Paul

BeoVision 7-40 MKIV with BeoLab 7-4 Vertical speaker, BeoSound 9000 CD/Tuner, Speakers are a pair of  BeoLab 5 in Black with a pair of BeoLab 4000 as rear speakers, and in bedroom BeoCentre 6-26 with BeoLab 8000's. Both the Kitchen and bathroom have Beolab3500's. BeoCom 2 and BeoCom 5 phones. Beo 6 and Beo4 remotes. LATEST ADDITION: Beogram 7000 with MMC2 stylus....

• 02-25-2012 11:34 AM In reply to

@paul

Thanks for the input, I have played the LP thru a couple of times now and I think I might have been abit sensitvie before but since the MMC2 is starting to "be on the old side" I didnt want to destroy it. The LP itself isnt in the best shape (overall besides the damage) I guess a hardrock-album get its share of "violent use" hehe.

Myself sold alot of my old LPs when I boarded the "CD-train", many of my friends stated that it would never lift BUT I regret selling my old LPs :(

Happy playing on your Beogram 7000 (myself use also a 7000)

Jesper

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)