in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-22-2012 10:10 AM by hofman. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-20-2012 9:26 AM

• hofman
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-20-2012
    • Posts 5
    • Bronze Member

Beovision MX 3000 sound not working. Have a fix?

Hi everyone,

Just found a MX 3000 put out as trash on the street. Perfect condition - except that the sound does not work. The on screen display tells me that the sound is turned up, but there is just no sound coming out. Any ideas of how this could potentially be fixed? I think you guys in hear might know if the MX 3000 has any "classic problems" with the sound so you can diagnose it even without opening it :-)

• 02-20-2012 10:34 AM In reply to

Re: Beovision MX 3000 sound not working. Have a fix?

I thought the MX 3000's always had issues with the sound, normally the left (I think?) speaker?

I'm sure some techie will be along soon to tell us more. :-)

Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill!!!

• 02-20-2012 10:41 AM In reply to

• hofman
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-20-2012
    • Posts 5
    • Bronze Member

Apparantly it is not just the left speaker - there is no sound at all :-)

• 02-20-2012 11:14 AM In reply to

• Opman
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-31-2007
    • Cheshire, UK
    • Posts 323
    • Bronze Member

Have you tried plugging in headphones to see if there is sound through the headphone socket? That may help a more techie person diagnose.

Opman

• 02-20-2012 11:16 AM In reply to

• Opman
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-31-2007
    • Cheshire, UK
    • Posts 323
    • Bronze Member

Also what are you trying to listen to? Analogue tuner in set or external box?

If its an external box make sure that scart lead is properly plugged in at both ends. If you are using built in tuner check that it is set for the correct transmission for your country.

Opman

• 02-20-2012 11:22 AM In reply to

• hofman
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-20-2012
    • Posts 5
    • Bronze Member

I will try the headphones when I get some on friday :-)

I have connected no boxes to the tv so I am trying to listen to the tv signal.

By coincidence I have now found a give-away of another MX 3000 with a non-functioning screen. So now I just have to find out what parts to move from that one into the one with none functioning sound. Any ideas?

I want to keep the first one as the chassis here is in the best condition.

• 02-20-2012 11:31 AM In reply to

• hofman
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-20-2012
    • Posts 5
    • Bronze Member

Opman > "If you are using built in tuner check that it is set for the correct transmission for your country." How do I do that? It probably is - I found the tv here in my own town in Denmark. But it could be something that someone have changed by error.

• 02-21-2012 8:08 AM In reply to

• Opman
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-31-2007
    • Cheshire, UK
    • Posts 323
    • Bronze Member

Its a very long time since I tuned one of these models. From memory when in the tuning menu pressing Shift + 3 changes the version of PAL between PAL I & PAL BG. I think that model also supported SECAM transmissions. Perhaps some one in your part of the world can check which transmission system the set should be using.

From experience in the UK if the wrong version of PAL is selected you can get picture but no sound.

Sorry i can't give you a more definitive answer.

Opman

• 02-21-2012 3:37 PM In reply to

• Stonk
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Marlow, Bucks, UK
    • Posts 1,688
    • Founder

Also, as you found it in the trash make sure the speakers haven't been removed.

If you think nobody cares, try missing a couple of payments.

• 02-22-2012 2:43 AM In reply to

Also check the soldering on the audio amps on the audio board and the reliability of the external speaker sockets ... with the volume up to max, are the speakers completely silent or is there some white noise?

Neil

• 02-22-2012 10:10 AM In reply to

• hofman
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-20-2012
    • Posts 5
    • Bronze Member

I have now tested the headphone jack and there is perfect sound in the headphones!

So this tells me that it could be the soldering related to the audio/internal speakers. Can anyone guide me to how I locate the relevant solderings? I haven't got so much an idea of where the audio board actually is, so a photo or something similar could be very cool! I know how to use a soldering iron so it is a matter of finding out where to use it :-)

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)