in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-18-2012 6:53 AM by Chris. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-17-2012 8:29 AM

B&O What moves you

Hi guys !

A new website is online : http://www.beovision10.com "what moves you"

What do you think about it ?

B&O loves Apple : http://www.beovision10.com/Connectivity/Growing-the-Apple-Seed

• 02-17-2012 8:59 AM In reply to

• mbee
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Paris, France
    • Posts 1,133
    • Bronze Member

Re: B&O What moves you

I like the movement of the B&O menu, it reminds me the Beoplayer!

It's refreshing to see that B&O is finally focusing back on user experience like on the old catalogues of the 90's. They are speaking of experience, not of technology, or not "we are the best in design".

And the pictures with "real spaces", messy with a lot of books and old things looks good, after all those years of "too perfect to be true" pictures of the B&O stuff without any cabling (remember the pictures of Beosound 5 on glass coffeetable without any cable???). Here there are badly hidden cables!! Even too much of them, when you look at the video/pictures of Marco Evaristti : it's the first time I see so much cables badly hidden in an interior decorator made room! (the interior by Anja Alfieri seems to be more fake -but really interresting-, as there is no cabling from the BL3 on her desk...)

• 02-17-2012 10:04 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

shinobi52:

Hrm, it's not bad, but's a lot for the eye to focus on on that page - too many photos on a single page.

• 02-17-2012 10:41 AM In reply to

moxxey:

shinobi52:

Hrm, it's not bad, but's a lot for the eye to focus on on that page - too many photos on a single page.

very interesting approach they have taken

I wonder if we will see more of these

I liked the site; I felt quite at home with the clutter Laughing

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 02-17-2012 11:11 AM In reply to

• mbee
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Paris, France
    • Posts 1,133
    • Bronze Member

In fact, there are 4 pink elephants on this setup (one is on the right BL3, on the 2d picture). Sorry, but Beoworld cuts the pictures, so you have to scroll to see all elephants :

In fact, the pink elephant seems to be the signature of this interior designer : look at the top, just behind the roof on this second setup...

Elephant, your real name is Marco??? Hmm

• 02-17-2012 4:25 PM In reply to

mbee:
    In fact, there are 4 pink elephants on this setup (one is on the right BL3, on the 2d picture).

Not sure B&O should so BeoKit abuse :-) 

I would hate to ruin MY beolab 3s

And you are more observant that I am ... 

And Marco is not even a relation as far as I know :-)

signed Ed~2±

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 02-17-2012 5:06 PM In reply to

moxxey:

That was my first impression as well - just as messy as the photos quoted in this thread - but after spending 30 seconds with the page, I decided I was very pleased. It's actually easier (or at least more fun) to navigate than most web sites built with military rigor, doesn't bog the browser down with humongous videos right on the landing page like the other B&O sites used to do, and manages to keep a very cozy feeling throughout. Our vehement non-outsourcing wing would love the copy & view in the "craftsmen" fragment Big Smile

And the office/study view actually manages to explain the use of the swinging wall bracket, which I always wondered. Beautiful setup.

The corporate web site feels very uptight after this.

-mika

• 02-17-2012 5:31 PM In reply to

tournedos:

moxxey:

That was my first impression as well - just as messy as the photos quoted in this thread - but after spending 30 seconds with the page, I decided I was very pleased.

On my third visit, I discovered that if you mouse over the B&O logo near the top left side, a Beoplayer like menu slides from the left :-)

Very nice touch !!

• 02-18-2012 4:44 AM In reply to

I really liked the website.

It also worked flawlessly on my iPad. Well done B&O.

Happy owner of: BV10, 2 x Beocom 2, Beocom 6000, Beocenter 2, Beolab 3, Beolab 2000, Beo4, Beolab 11

1:st prize winner Beoworld January Price Draw.

• 02-18-2012 6:53 AM In reply to

• Chris
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-19-2010
    • Corbridge, UK
    • Posts 353
    • Gold Member

A television is predominantly a visual experience and there is nothing about that medium at all. Yet again I spend a few days away with friends who believe B&O tvs are now just Samsungs and some nicely amplified speakers. I darent show them this! 

A Beovision 10-40 in black and red fret on order, Beo4, Beo6, many A8's, a pair of white and yellow Form 2's, Beocom 4, 28 inch Avant RF DVD, Apple TV and a wife that loves this stuff as much as i do! 

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)