in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-21-2012 1:11 PM by Step1. 12 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-14-2012 5:45 AM

Packaging to die for!

This arrived with me yesterday from a seller who took 10 days to pack it and will  no doubt blame the courier!!

Regards Graham

• 02-14-2012 6:12 AM In reply to

• Step1
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-06-2008
    • Manchester
    • Posts 961
    • Gold Member

Re: Packaging to die for!

what do people think when they pack heavy items like this! Unbelievable!!! TBH whenever I see such examples I always think the item was damaged to start with and they purposly pack like this to try to turn things into a courier claim or even try to lay the blame with the recipient!!!

hope things get sorted without trouble!

Olly.

• 02-14-2012 6:18 AM In reply to

• Stonk
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Marlow, Bucks, UK
    • Posts 1,688
    • Founder

Some people need to be shot.

Even if it's ebay you're going to get stuffed with the return courier costs plus the hassle of it all.

If you think nobody cares, try missing a couple of payments.

• 02-14-2012 12:27 PM In reply to

• Rich
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-10-2010
    • Orlando, Florida, USA
    • Posts 1,089
    • Gold Member

Stonk:

Some people need to be shot.

+1

Current primary listening:  SMMC20EN -> BG4002 -> BM4000 -> Beovox M70

• 02-14-2012 2:48 PM In reply to

• Paul
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 10-07-2010
    • The Netherlands
    • Posts 103
    • Gold Member

What a service! the box is already open! Wink

Hope your item is undamged. Some people have no experience in packing/wrapping for transport unfortunately...   I always give the seller some intructions before i get  by example a beogram arriving in pieces in the box.  

• 02-15-2012 1:50 PM In reply to

• chartz
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-20-2009
    • Burgundy
    • Posts 984
    • Gold Member

I also give them instructions but they will invariably NOT listen.
    I'm currently waiting for some damage compensation, but I guess I will never see the colour of their money now they got mine...

Jacques

• 02-16-2012 12:07 PM In reply to

• Jeff
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 03-01-2010
    • USA
    • Posts 48
    • Gold Member

This is the kind of thing that really hacks me off, particularly with products that are as much a work of art as an audio component like B&O. Sloppy and careless, and shows no respect either for the product or the person you're shipping it to.

I see a lot of very badly cared for and damaged B&O for sale, which I have to pass on even though I might want that particular piece. I mean, for B&O the beautiful design and construction is a large part of the pride of ownership, I don't see how some of this gear can get so ill treated.

Before B&O went to branded stores here in the US, the local mega store that sold them did a very poor job of both presenting them and caring for them, having the B&O display out on the floor with the boom boxes, and all of the stuff was pawed over and broken most of the time. I remember I actually wrote and complained about this to B&O, and apparently they really came down on the dealer. My friend worked there as a sales droid and he said all manner of it hit the fan with B&O coming in and looking at the display, and not long after that B&O pulled the license from this place, and then went to branded stores.

One thing I commented on was how could you tell what they sounded like in the middle of a huge, loud room? Suddenly a week or two later the dealer was offering to let me take a pair of 8000's home for an extended audition. Worked, I would up buying them. They sounded thin and poor in the store, at home they were magnificent.

So yeah, I feel your pain as an ex president said.

• 02-20-2012 3:05 AM In reply to

• chartz
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-20-2009
    • Burgundy
    • Posts 984
    • Gold Member

chartz:

I also give them instructions but they will invariably NOT listen.

I'm currently waiting for some damage compensation, but I guess I will never see the colour of their money now they got mine...

Got my money back, eventually! Drinks

Jacques

• 02-20-2012 10:41 AM In reply to

• Step1
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-06-2008
    • Manchester
    • Posts 961
    • Gold Member

So all those little hifi shops that lost their franchise's around the workd basically boils down to you complaining!!! Stick out tongue

Jeff:

This is the kind of thing that really hacks me off, particularly with products that are as much a work of art as an audio component like B&O. Sloppy and careless, and shows no respect either for the product or the person you're shipping it to.

I see a lot of very badly cared for and damaged B&O for sale, which I have to pass on even though I might want that particular piece. I mean, for B&O the beautiful design and construction is a large part of the pride of ownership, I don't see how some of this gear can get so ill treated.

Before B&O went to branded stores here in the US, the local mega store that sold them did a very poor job of both presenting them and caring for them, having the B&O display out on the floor with the boom boxes, and all of the stuff was pawed over and broken most of the time. I remember I actually wrote and complained about this to B&O, and apparently they really came down on the dealer. My friend worked there as a sales droid and he said all manner of it hit the fan with B&O coming in and looking at the display, and not long after that B&O pulled the license from this place, and then went to branded stores.

One thing I commented on was how could you tell what they sounded like in the middle of a huge, loud room? Suddenly a week or two later the dealer was offering to let me take a pair of 8000's home for an extended audition. Worked, I would up buying them. They sounded thin and poor in the store, at home they were magnificent.

So yeah, I feel your pain as an ex president said.

Olly.

• 02-20-2012 10:59 AM In reply to

• Rich
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-10-2010
    • Orlando, Florida, USA
    • Posts 1,089
    • Gold Member

Step1:

So all those little hifi shops that lost their franchise's around the workd basically boils down to you complaining!!! Stick out tongue

One of those "little hifi shops" was HiFi Buys of Ann Arbor, Michigan, where my first wife bought my first Beogram, an RX 2 I still own and use.  Here is HiFi Buys' advertisement from  the January 6, 1975 issue of the Ann Arbor Sun.  Their top of the line system at the time:  Beosystem 3000.

• 02-21-2012 12:31 PM In reply to

• Jeff
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 03-01-2010
    • USA
    • Posts 48
    • Gold Member

In this case the "little hifi shop" was Tweeter/Sound Advice. Sound Advice was a Florida company, tons of stores, that was bought out by Tweeter, which was more of a nationwide US company.

My buddy worked there starting with Sound Advice. One day visiting him he was in the back eating lunch, and I stopped and stared at the large "Drug Free Workplace" sign, which gave us both a laugh, as the company was originally started out of Ft. Lauderdale FL to launder drug money. Oh the irony...

• 02-21-2012 12:42 PM In reply to

• Rich
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-10-2010
    • Orlando, Florida, USA
    • Posts 1,089
    • Gold Member

Jeff:

In this case the "little hifi shop" was Tweeter/Sound Advice. Sound Advice was a Florida company, tons of stores, that was bought out by Tweeter, which was more of a nationwide US company.

My buddy worked there starting with Sound Advice. One day visiting him he was in the back eating lunch, and I stopped and stared at the large "Drug Free Workplace" sign, which gave us both a laugh, as the company was originally started out of Ft. Lauderdale FL to launder drug money. Oh the irony...

So THAT'S why the backs of M70s come off - to get the 10 kilos of cocaine in and out!

• 02-21-2012 1:11 PM In reply to

• Step1
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-06-2008
    • Manchester
    • Posts 961
    • Gold Member

Rich:

Jeff:

So THAT'S why the backs of M70s come off - to get the 10 kilos of cocaine in and out!

Ah the '1 year lab analysis' mentioned in the above flyer is starting to make sense now Big Smile

Olly.

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)