in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-13-2012 5:36 PM by moxxey. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-13-2012 3:41 AM

Interesting speculation for March (warning: Apple friendly post)

Two interesting posts(/speculations) overnight on MacRumors about Generation 3 versions of the Apple TV and the Apple iPad:

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 02-13-2012 6:55 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Re: Interesting speculation for March (warning: Apple friendly post)

Yeah, and I bet they embed the Apple TV in to their forthcoming TV proper.

The Apple TV device is superb. I figured that you can watch BBC iPlayer content via your TV, through your iPhone/Apple TV. Simply launch the iPlayer app on your iPhone, use AirPlay to push it through the Apple TV and it works fairly flawlessly. You can control your Apple TV via the phone, too, using Remote.

• 02-13-2012 9:52 AM In reply to

moxxey:
    The Apple TV device is superb.

I agree.

moxxey:
    I figured that you can watch BBC iPlayer content via your TV, through your iPhone/Apple TV.

Yes you can.

And what we have been doing more of lately is accessing our PLEX library via the Plex App on the iPad and pushing the content that way to the ATV2.

This magazine's youtube shows a nice demo of the interface ... 

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 02-13-2012 4:23 PM In reply to

Shouldnt you people be on appleworld.org or some such forum..?

Stick out tongue

Michael

BV5, BV Avant, MX4000, MX1500

BS 7000, BS 5500

Penta III, Penta II, BL 4000, RL 60.2,  RL 35, CX-100 Alu

BL 7000, MCP6500, MCP5500,  BL 5000,  Beo4 (x2), BL 1000 (x2)

• 02-13-2012 4:57 PM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

Most new TV's with internet connectivity will play iPlayer direct from the TV, certainly my Panny G20 does and it's a couple of years old now. Also, as an aside, I believe the iPlayer and the ITV equivalents are coming very shortly to Sky Anytime+ (as well as a pay on demand movie service).

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 02-13-2012 5:36 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Puncher:

Most new TV's with internet connectivity will play iPlayer direct from the TV, certainly my Panny G20 does and it's a couple of years old now. Also, as an aside, I believe the iPlayer and the ITV equivalents are coming very shortly to Sky Anytime+ (as well as a pay on demand movie service).

They are, but it's much easier controlling and setting up with your iPhone! Using iPlayer and searching for your content, isn't easy from a remote. With your iPhone/iPad, you just type in search string, select a result, play.

Plus you can push ANY video or audio content via your Apple TV from your iPhone/iPad. Never realised how good it was until this weekend. So easy.

And these forums are about anything we use with our B&O equipment. So very relevant.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)