in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-12-2012 6:44 AM by harvey4. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-11-2012 9:40 AM

Any suggestions?

My Grandad loved his Bang & Olufsen and over the years has bought several things, unfortunately we don't have the space to keep them and I am not sure what to do with them. After speaking to several people it has been suggested I post on here, below are the pieces that we have.

Beocenter 8000

Beovox RL 1000 speakers

Beovox CX 100 speakers

Beolink 1000 remote

Beocom 4 telephone

Form-2 Headphones

Any suggetsions would be gratefully appreciated.

Adam.

• 02-11-2012 11:58 AM In reply to

Re: Any suggestions?

Hi.

I take it you are looking to sell them and here certainly is a good place to start. Unlikely anyone would want all of the items as a single lot, so probably selling them individually would be better. Have a look on ebay to give you some idea of value for each item but be realistic in what you are asking. Obviously condition/age are major factors too.

Whereabouts are you situated?

Graeme.

• 02-11-2012 2:48 PM In reply to

Hi Graeme,

Thanks for replying, I am near Selby, North Yorkshire. Have been looking but struggling to find some of it and unsure if people still want this type of thing, i.e the Beocenter 8000 was bought in 1993. I set it up today and everything seemed ok, the sliding doors were a bit tired to start with but then ok, possibly through lack of use recently. Did think about keeping it but its just not practical.

Adam.

• 02-11-2012 9:07 PM In reply to

It is a good list of kit; items will probably sell separately quit well e.g. I have bought the remote previously simply to have a cheap remote for guest rooms.

You should inspect the speakers on the inside, take a look at the speaker cones and look for any signs of deteriation of the rubber surronds, what we all call "speaker rot".  It can be repaired but you will need to inform potential buyers of the status of the speakers - post pictures of the cones in situ.

If you look in the vintage forum you will see there are a lot of enthusiasts who enjoy buying old kit and restoring it as a hobby.

Also there is a sellers forum, but you need to have the right membership level to sell through there.  And it is always polite to make a donation to a site when you are looking to make money through using its facilities.

Just check you have listed all the equipment, for example is there a black box that connects the second pair of speakers to the system ?

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 02-12-2012 6:44 AM In reply to

A family friend is thinking about buying some of it, so I will see what he wants then probably upgrade to post on selling part. Got some rough ideas of prices from ebay, etc so hopefully will make a bit as it is going to an appeal fund for friends sick boy.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)