in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-11-2012 9:30 PM by elephant. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-11-2012 1:49 AM

B&O compatiable projector - Samsung SP A900B

Hi all,

I have been lurking around this forum for a while and have finally taken the plunge to enter into the world of B&O products with my new house that is being constructed at the moment. 

The house has been pre-wired with Cat7/5 cables to cater for a range of B&O equipment and future expansion needs.  I am looking forward to the installation phase.

With regards to my home theatre, I had a lot of trouble finding a B&O compatiable projector, or at least one that can be fully controlled by Beo6 / masterlink (my understanding of the integration process on non B&O products is very superficial, so correct me if I am wrong please).

My local dealer did mention last year the Samsung SP A900B projector was co-developed by the boffins at B&O and would integrate 100%, whilst giving superior picture.  Unfortunately, that particular projector is out of production now.

There has been no word from my dealer as to what B&O will decide as a future compatiable projector.  So I ended up searching high and low for the Samsung SP A900B projector and was lucky enough to find a brand new one on Amazon.com.  

Has anyone had any experience with the Samsung SP A900B projector?   Any comments invited.

• 02-11-2012 2:52 PM In reply to

Re: B&O compatiable projector - Samsung SP A900B

I've got a SP-A900B connected to a BeoSystem3 for my 90" cinema . A few years old now but excellent picture , probably better ones about now . The Lintronic and 3 switch it on and off and that's all you need on a daily basis , I have never been into the projector menu since it was installed , haven't needed to adjust anything . Have been waiting for the Samsung 3D version for over a year but hasn't made an appearance yet and haven't found anyone who knows why .

Manual focus , not a problem , can't remember the last time I fiddled with it . No tombstone adjustment so the projector can't be to far above centre . Think I paid £2900 3/4 years ago , don't think I need update yet as the picture is still excellent , but probably will if and when the Samsung 3D comes out .

Richard

• 02-11-2012 6:22 PM In reply to

Thanks for feedback Richard.

I chose to buy an outdated Samsung purely due to my dealer's highly regarded advice.  Its the only projector developed by videophile Joe Kane and apparently the optics of the lens is superior to anything on the market, even now.  I did contemplate purchasing a 4K projector, but on a 105" screen, I don't think higher resolution than 1080 will be noticeable.  

Wow! you paid a very good price for your Samsung even considering its 2-3 years ago.  I thought rrp in 2010 was about 12999 USD.

Thanks again

• 02-11-2012 6:43 PM In reply to

The official word a year ago was that Samsung had cancelled the development of a 3D projector - I was waiting for it to. Instead I went with a Sony VW90ES but I actually think that as long as you don't want 3D, the A900 was a better picture! My only criticism of the A900 is that it doesn't have a motorised lens cover to keep the lens clean when not in use.

BV7-40MK4BR,7-32,6-22,6-23,6-26,BSnd5,9000,BLab9,3,4000,2,BCom2,6000,Btalk1200,LC2s,Lutron

• 02-11-2012 9:30 PM In reply to

BangOFan:
    Wow! you paid a very good price for your Samsung even considering its 2-3 years ago.  I thought rrp in 2010 was about 12999 USD.

yes, that too is my recollection of its price range

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)