in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-10-2012 3:57 PM by chucky. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-09-2012 3:52 PM

• riis
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-01-2007
    • Denmark
    • Posts 152
    • Bronze Member

Speaker questions

I have a Beocenter 2300 connected to a MCL2P and 2 Beovox CX 100 speakers. Can I connect an extra pair of speakers (CX 50) to the amp without damaging it?

Also I would like some extra bas. Would a Beovox Cona be a good idea?

/riis

• 02-10-2012 1:18 PM In reply to

• riis
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-01-2007
    • Denmark
    • Posts 152
    • Bronze Member

Re: Speaker questions

Come on you speaker experts Smile

• 02-10-2012 1:31 PM In reply to

That's not me, but... Laughing

The Cona was made to be used with the CXs, so that part of the equation is fine.

The MCL2P, on the other hand, was never intended to be used with more than one pair of speakers, as you can tell from it only having a single pair of speaker connectors. It's not the most powerful amp either.

Also, if you plan on using four CXs and a Cona in a single setup, I think it might be better to consider a single pair of proper speakers instead...

-mika

• 02-10-2012 3:13 PM In reply to

• riis
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-01-2007
    • Denmark
    • Posts 152
    • Bronze Member

Thanks Mika. I use the Beocenter in my dining room/kitchen. The CX 50 in the kitchen sektion and the CX 100 in the dining room. I have put the wires from the two speakers together, as there are only one pair of connectors in the MCL2P amp. It sounds fine and I have no need for high volume though I could do with some extra bas.

Can I damage the amp by putting the two pairs of wires together?

/riis

• 02-10-2012 3:33 PM In reply to

riis:
    Can I damage the amp by putting the two pairs of wires together?

It is supposed to have overload protection, so I don't think so. Be careful not to short the wires anyway - happens too easily if you have too many of them going into a single plug.

-mika

• 02-10-2012 3:57 PM In reply to

Yup a had a friend with the same set up. In the '90. If it overloads it just needs to cool dow for a few moments. They had speakers in the hall and kitchen on the same amplifier.

It is not ideal though....

Wanna play?!! (Also a PRIZEWINNER ON BEOWORLD!) 

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)