in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-19-2012 7:50 AM by joeyboygolf. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-07-2012 7:30 AM

• riis
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-01-2007
    • Denmark
    • Posts 152
    • Bronze Member

Replacing lcd display on Beo4

I have dropped my Beo4 and the display went black. Can I replace it myself? Where do I get a display? It's impossible to buy spare parts for B&O products in Denmark if you're not a licenced repairman.

/riis

• 02-07-2012 7:51 AM In reply to

Re: Replacing lcd display on Beo4

You can find this part on Ebay, approx 25-30 euro'sSmile

Must be available at the B&O store. Not in Denmark?Huh?

This is quite easy to do it yourself!

B&O item 1, B&O item 2, B&O item 3,...................B&O item 735

Beovirus? What's that?

• 02-11-2012 2:33 PM In reply to

• riis
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-01-2007
    • Denmark
    • Posts 152
    • Bronze Member

Thanks Leslie. After trying several B&O stores in Denmark I happened to find one that would sell me a display. The price was 100 ddk. which is less than 13 euros. I think that's quite a bargain.

/riis 

• 02-11-2012 4:40 PM In reply to

You're a luck man, is that new? They sell them for twice or triple on Ebay...

Anyway, you have oneSmile

B&O item 1, B&O item 2, B&O item 3,...................B&O item 735

Beovirus? What's that?

• 02-11-2012 4:57 PM In reply to

It is the same with battery covers, front covers and wallbrackets for Beo4. On Ebay you pay more (and not just a little bit...) than you would pay at your dealer! Example: A new Beo4 wallbracket for Beo4 is €15,-- at the dealer here in Holland. On Ebay they dare to ask up to €49,-- + shipping for the same bracket!

• 02-18-2012 3:08 PM In reply to

• riis
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-01-2007
    • Denmark
    • Posts 152
    • Bronze Member

Yes, the display is brand new.........

/riis

• 02-19-2012 4:23 AM In reply to

• Kokomo
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-21-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 618
    • Bronze Member

Blackrix:

It is the same with battery covers, front covers and wallbrackets for Beo4. On Ebay you pay more (and not just a little bit...) than you would pay at your dealer! Example: A new Beo4 wallbracket for Beo4 is €15,-- at the dealer here in Holland. On Ebay they dare to ask up to €49,-- + shipping for the same bracket!

I have seen various new B&O parts/accessories for sale on ebay and the above makes me wonder from where many of these parts are sourced. Some people somewhere must have access to brand new B&O parts and I would have thought that many of these could only be via official B&O sources. Am I correct?

If this is so, then the same individuals are selling these parts on the 'black market' at 'inflated' prices and above the official B&O price.

• 02-19-2012 5:13 AM In reply to

Kokomo:
    I have seen various new B&O parts/accessories for sale on ebay and the above makes me wonder from where many of these parts are sourced. Some people somewhere must have access to brand new B&O parts and I would have thought that many of these could only be via official B&O sources. Am I correct?

Yes? It's not a big secret that B&O dealers sell B&O parts and accessories! There's enough margin in these inflated fleaBay prices for anyone to do it. If you can go buy a spare normally at the dealer, list it at double price as a "rare" item and some plank buys it, I don't see anything "black market" in that, just regular rip off profit making where at least half the blame is on the buyer. Some people are just too lazy to find out what the price should be, they simply do not care because it isn't that much money after all, they cannot just drop off at a dealer because there isn't one around, they can't handle the idea of transacting with a live person, or whatever. Some people may have been left with a spare part they didn't need after all, and it's not their fault if the auction ends at a stupid price because two equally lazy people happen to want it.

Things would be different if these sellers were B&O employees who get the parts for internal net prices and I'm sure Struer wouldn't like that, which would also explain some of the reluctancy to sell any spares.

I paid 12 euros for a Beo4 display at the dealer some time ago. He probably would've replaced it while I waited as well if I had brought the remote with me - but probably not if I went there every week to buy displays and wall brackets...

-mika

• 02-19-2012 7:50 AM In reply to

Some years ago, I was buying Beo4 Wall Brackets from a seller on eBay.de. I bought them in batches of 10 for £6 each plus delivery which came to a total cost price of around £8 each!

I sold them on auction on eBay.co.uk for around £20 each plus delivery and several made between £30-£45 each.

Anybody could have done it. They were available to anyone who could be bothered to search eBay.de and nobody forced the buyers to bid crazy prices!

Regards Graham

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)