in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-19-2012 4:08 PM by hemenex. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-07-2012 5:29 AM

• zeloff
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-07-2012
    • Posts 1
    • Silver Member

Beomaster 3400 blowing primary fuses

Hi everyone.

I'm a proud owner of a Beomaster 3400, which blew the primary fuse a few days ago. I really would prefer to fix it myself (or try my very best) than to send it to the butchers on the official B&O repair service here in Portugal. The last time I sent it there it came back missing a few parts, namely the metal 'rods' that held the cover up when opened and the aluminum spacers thay lay between the wooden frame and the panel itself, plus a misplaced linear pot and they failed to tell me they didn't fix the tuning dial string thing-y which had broken off, although I requested it...

Long story short: it's blowing the primary fuse and if it's a simple repair I'd very much rather do it myself. Does anyone have a clue on where to look?

Although probably unrelated, the D8 rectifier has failed in the past. Testing the four 1N4007 diodes the official B&O repair service here in Portugal soldered together showed one of them was gone and I replaced the whole thing with a W01M.

Also, somewhere along the way someone put a 1A (fast) fuse between the secondary and the D8, and TR8 has also been messed with. Does anyone have the original specs of D8 and TR8?

All the best

Zé Loff

Filed under:
  • 02-19-2012 4:08 PM In reply to

Re: Beomaster 3400 blowing primary fuses

zeloff:
    the original specs of D8 and TR8

As noone seems to step in....

TR8 is BD136, D8 was B40C800

zeloff:
    between the secondary and the D8

There IS a fuse secondary just before D8 (F3) - but it's 1AT (slow)

Which primary fuse blows - F1 or F2?

The audio power amplifier has a strange design - if it fails it's supposed to blow F1 through a triac Confused

Gunther

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)