in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-09-2012 3:27 PM by paul. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-06-2012 4:53 PM

Beo 6/5 remote screen protector

I own a fabulous multiroom hotel condo @ the W Southbeach Miami Beach that I rent when not in use by my family.  I have 4 Beo 6 remotes for control (tried the Beolink program for IPad but not sophisticated enough) and recently had 3/4 glass screens broken by quests renting the property.  While this cost is passed on to the guests,  I would rather not deal with this inconvience or have to pass this cost on and wondered if someone might know of a protective bezel/case to surround the screen edges, much like that for an iphone/ipad etc.  Any thoughts/suggestions.  Thanks,  Ron

My Beo:

Beosound 2500, Beolab 8000 x 2, Beolab 9, Beolab 6002, Beolab 4000, Beolab 4, Beosound 9000 x3, Beosound 5, Beomaster 5 1 TB, Beosound 5 Encore, Beovision 10 46 x 3, 10 40 x 1, Beolink passive zone x 3 w/ beovox 2.  All connected via MLG and an Atlona 8 x 8 matrix HDMI switcher.  Additional non B & O sources: iPort FS-2 x4, Samsung 6700 3D Smart Blu Ray(Pandora, Netflix, Hulu plus,You Tube, many more), Dish HD DVR x2, TVIX HD Slim1, Sonos Zone player 90 (works seamlessly with Anubis.fm, AUPEO!, Deezer, iheartradio, JUKE, Last.fm, MOG, Napster®, Pandora®, Rdio®, Rhapsody®, SiriusXM™ Internet Radio, Spotify®, Stitcher SmartRadio(tm), TuneIn, Wolfgang’s Vault®, and downloads from any service offering DRM-free tracks) , Apple TV, Mac Mini. Lutron Radio Ra 2..... Control via Beo 6, IPhone and IPad.  Yet to come...climate control, energy dashboard, vid conferencing/web cams.

• 02-09-2012 7:49 AM In reply to

Re: Beo 6/5 remote screen protector

Excellent idea! BnO should've thought about this potential issue. That's another reason why so many of us prefer the Beo 4 for its no-thought durability.
  • 02-09-2012 3:27 PM In reply to

• paul
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-10-2009
    • dublin
    • Posts 130
    • Gold Member

Re: Beo 6/5 remote screen protector

i have been looking out for one too here in europe but no luck:(

i wonder how expensive it would be to get one designed and made....

other option is to revert to the Beo4 for rental guests!!!! - they are careless by nature and may not realise how fragile the Beo5/5 actually is. - I used one (Beo5) in my sitting room (and only me) and the glass detached after 2 yrs - so much for the speel on being able to update this unit "for many years to come~...in the end i had to ge ta new head (Beo6) on it at a cost of  Euro300.

amyway, I wish you luck in your search and if you do find something, lets us all know here!

Paul

BeoVision 7-40 MKIV with BeoLab 7-4 Vertical speaker, BeoSound 9000 CD/Tuner, Speakers are a pair of  BeoLab 5 in Black with a pair of BeoLab 4000 as rear speakers, and in bedroom BeoCentre 6-26 with BeoLab 8000's. Both the Kitchen and bathroom have Beolab3500's. BeoCom 2 and BeoCom 5 phones. Beo 6 and Beo4 remotes. LATEST ADDITION: Beogram 7000 with MMC2 stylus....

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)