in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-08-2012 2:41 AM by DrDimitris. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-06-2012 2:03 PM

Windows programmer needed to help install IE7 on Beomedia 1 (Using official Microsoft instructions)

Hi,

I have bought and installed a Beomedia 1. I have had a few issues with using the Internet Explorer as it is IE6. As BM1 runs XP SP2 embedded (XPe) you cannot easily update to a newer IE. People have tried and ended up in a real pickle. However I have discovered that you can officially upgrade to IE7 and there is a link on the Microsoft site saying how to do this.

Unfortunately I cannot fathom what it means and someone who knows programming may understand and be able to assist. I know there would be a few people interested if we can ge this done.

The link is here and here . Hopefully someone can offer assitance.

Thanks in advance

Stoobie

• 02-06-2012 7:02 PM In reply to

Re: Windows programmer needed to help install IE7 on Boemedia 1

I don't remember much about XP, but I can recommend Google Chrome as it is a much faster and safer browser.

Beocenter 9300, Beogam CD50, Beocord 5500, Beomaster 3400, Beomaster 4400, 2 Beogram 4000, Beomaster 8000, 2 beogram 8002, Beovox S-75, Beovox MS150.2, Beovox RL6000, Beovox S-35, Beomaster 6000, 2 Beocord 9000, Beocord 8004, Beocord 5000, Form 1, 2x Beolink 1000, Beo4, MX3500, LS4500. Born 1993.

• 02-06-2012 7:19 PM In reply to

I don't think things are as simple as adding a different browser as they do not seem to integrate into the Beomedia interface. From what I read on here, although you can use it on the XPe system, you cannot get anything other than IE6 (and hopefully IE7 when installed correctly) to work with the B&O front end on the BM1.

I can come out of the B&O front end into XPe and use different browsers but that is not what I'm looking to do.

Thanks anyway for the suggestion.

Stoobie

• 02-07-2012 2:25 AM In reply to

IE6 is simply not working anymore as automatic browser when you select WEB in Beomedia1 interface. Installing different browser is no use. Installining IE's updates was not succesful for me, although i have lost several hours trying this. I have a BM1 since 2006, although outdated, i still like its N.MUSIC, N.RADIO and PHOTO features of it. I would be more than happy if someone verifies that you can update BM1 to IE7.

-Dimitris

• 02-07-2012 2:57 AM In reply to

DrDimitris:

I would be more than happy if someone verifies that you can update BM1 to IE7.

The links on the Microsoft Website say this is possible and officially supported, I just need someone who knows how to program Windows to either make the installation disk following the instructions on the Microsoft website, or explain to me what everything is and how to do it myself.

Stoobie

• 02-07-2012 3:10 AM In reply to

Just saw your links. I agree, not possible to do it by myself either...

-Dimitris

-Dimitris

-Dimitris

• 02-07-2012 7:07 PM In reply to

Sorry double post.

• 02-07-2012 7:12 PM In reply to

Re: Windows programmer needed to help install IE7 on Beomedia 1 (Using official Microsoft instructions)

DrDimitris:

I'm just hoping someone out there looks at the links and thinks - jeez, that is so easy! And thne contacts me!

Stoobie

• 02-08-2012 2:41 AM In reply to

Re: Windows programmer needed to help install IE7 on Beomedia 1 (Using official Microsoft instructions)

Stoobietoo:

DrDimitris:

I'm just hoping someone out there looks at the links and thinks - jeez, that is so easy! And thne contacts me!

Stoobie

And then you contact me!! Stick out tongue

-Dimitris

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)