in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-18-2012 5:17 AM by a2bur. 65 replies.
Page 3 of 3 (66 items) < Previous 1 2 3
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-08-2012 1:48 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Re: Out of date so quick

elephant:

a2bur:

Can everybody who posts please include a picture of there wallpaper so they can be evaluated , size of room and TV size would also be valuable information to assess there class .Unsure

No thank you Laughing I once posted a picture of my BV8 against a messy bookcase with its cables on display and was criticised - valid criticism I will admit, but still !! that's why I so admire other Beoworlders who managed to keep their environments so neat and tidy !!

My area where the B&O sits is neat (my housemate once asked if she could put photo frames on the TV unit No - thumbs down)... but the rest of the house looks like a war zone most of the time LOL

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 02-08-2012 6:51 AM In reply to

Why the emhasis on HD 1080 p content the Contrast and luminance are just as important 

B&O are allways Superb at there colours plus of couse great sound

I have seen Samsung etc the colour is always to harsh 

plus your paying for the look in your home with B&O 

• 02-08-2012 8:04 AM In reply to

elephant:

a2bur:

Can everybody who posts please include a picture of there wallpaper so they can be evaluated , size of room and TV size would also be valuable information to assess there class .Unsure

No thank you Laughing I once posted a picture of my BV8 against a messy bookcase with its cables on display and was criticised - valid criticism I will admit, but still !! that's why I so admire other Beoworlders who managed to keep their environments so neat and tidy !!

Any adverse comment would not deter me from retaining my 'Queen Anne' styled Dynatron radiogram,and the models of flying ducks on the wall whose presence is enhanced by the pastoral ambience created by the rose motiffed wallpaper. 

• 02-08-2012 8:48 AM In reply to

Peter:

I agree..

I've been a B&O fan since forever. Bought my first TV set (LS5500) in 1990 it was not the double price of a comparable Sony, but close, but so much better looking and gave that nice feeling to use it ever since.

But today, its not the double price, we are talking 10 times compared to a decent/good value plasma or LED from some of the larger manufacturers. It's hard even to convince myself it is value for money any more..

/P

I own a dealer ex demo  BV8-40, also an Avant 32DVD and LX5500 bought used. No way would I go back to the older generation products having lived with the BV8 but they are still to be enjoyed in other rooms. The sound of the Avant, the elegance of the LX and the satisfying aspect quite unique to B&O that not only are they still in perfect working order but are also working seamlessly together with the 2010 BV8 product via a 90's MCL system. Longevity and continuity like this are of much value to me.

Those  feeling the need to always have the very latest picture technolgy may have look elsewhere, but it will be increasingly possible to obtain future TV products for around twice as much as the other better quality manufacturers. B&O seem to be waking up to this at last  - finally a proper MX/LX replacement?

• 02-08-2012 8:58 AM In reply to

• Chris
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-19-2010
    • Corbridge, UK
    • Posts 353
    • Gold Member

I was married in Vegas, and intend using a Beovision 12 or 3 as wallpaper.

So much for a classical educationTravel

A Beovision 10-40 in black and red fret on order, Beo4, Beo6, many A8's, a pair of white and yellow Form 2's, Beocom 4, 28 inch Avant RF DVD, Apple TV and a wife that loves this stuff as much as i do! 

• 02-08-2012 9:40 AM In reply to

• villarsch
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Frinton-on-Sea, Great Britain
    • Posts 37
    • Founder

The question of ducks on the wall is quite important.   Are they flying from left to right, or from right to left? Are they flying up, or down?

Only when these vital details are known can a final judgement be made on the correct size of screen, and, of course, the suitability of the wallpaper.

Villarsch 

• 02-08-2012 10:07 AM In reply to

I've always found it incongruous that one the one hand people buy in to a luxury AV brand that is synonymous with good design and sophistication, yet on the other are so prickly when it comes to the interiors that these products are placed within.

I was wandering down memory lane the other day and recalling how back in 1985 my parents bought me the Optimus Prime Transformer - which was hard to come by in the UK that year - thus ensuring me bragging rights in the primary school playground for a few weeks afterwards. The attraction soon wore off and by that point every kid had one too, and I was left questioning not only my own moral fibre, but also the disempowerment that a consumerist society can engender in a seven year old. What I'm trying to say is that some of us may learn that lesson at some point in our lives, but unless you are myopic, seated several metres from a screen or at a conference facility, large TV screens are the epitome of vulgarity.

President, Beomaster 8000 Appreciation Society

• 02-08-2012 10:37 AM In reply to

I have to confess that I really don't mind what other people have and certainly would not judge them on their purchases. I don't want a huge TV simply because I don't watch that much. A BV5 is quite huge enough and suits the size of my room. The BV10 I did have was in some ways better as the picture was marginally better but the sound was not.

I have been in patients' houses where the set did seem rather out of proportion but if they liked the viewing experience I really don't think it is for me to criticise. I am sure some would tell us that buying B&O is a wasteful extravagance and we could spend far less and do something more useful with the money. Personally I like what I have and don't need tacit approval from anyone.

• 02-08-2012 10:48 AM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

j0hnbarker:

I've always found it incongruous that one the one hand people buy in to a luxury AV brand that is synonymous with good design and sophistication, yet on the other are so prickly when it comes to the interiors that these products are placed within.

To be fair there only seems to be you who is prickly about the interiors into which they are placed, most others seem quite relaxed to let folk put their TV where ever they like without calling them vulgar!

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 02-08-2012 10:53 AM In reply to

Puncher:

j0hnbarker:

To be fair there only seems to be you who is prickly about the interiors into which they are placed, most others seem quite relaxed to let folk put their TV where ever they like without calling them vulgar!

USA - No couch on the patio, but I did drag my MX5000 out there to watch football (real football)!

• 02-08-2012 1:36 PM In reply to

• Karla
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-19-2008
    • USA
    • Posts 81
    • Bronze Member

I just realized the most "out of date" aspect with some of the new B&O products: they do not link with the ML!

Right out of the box, these new products cannot connect or itegrate with other B&O products. So the new product will be out of date as soon as the customer purchases new ML equipped devices, and the existing products look out of date because the new products don't integrate. Either way it is a problem and the lack of continuity in the devices is going to really be a problem in the long run. These dead end products make for a quick and easy sell without any hope of expansion. 

• 02-09-2012 6:57 PM In reply to

Tod Daniel:

I totally agree with John on this. I've alays thought large screen TVs were inredibly chavvy and rather council estate as statistics and trends have shown.

I must admit, if i walk into someone's house with a large TV, i tend to thinkt that they are rather uneducated. Do young people still buy televisions? From my Internet, laptop generation crowd i'd be tempted to think not and put it doen to a dying market.

Personally, i'd rather be at the gym, out surfing or biking but maybe that's just me :)

And what education do You have, that gives You the ability to judge other people that way???
    Sorry -but i read your profile. Working as a model...fine - but do you need a higher education for that Hmm

Do young people buy tv's..? Yes -but maybe not in the circles where you move...
    Bodybuilding, surfung, biking -then there must be little time to watch a movie -or read a book. (Do young people read books..? Yes -SOME do.) Maybe You should try it...Whistle

• 02-10-2012 2:38 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

j0hnbarker:

In this case the TV complemented the decor, but it wasn't the focal point. There's a subtlety to that distinction that, in my mind at least, is generally lost on purchasers of enormous screens.

But that's also why I prefer the BV10 on the easel stand. Looks like a work of art, particularly with a contrast red fret. Like a painting sitting in the corner of the room. Plus I don't have big speakers or anything else connected. Simply a BV10, on an easel, in the corner.

The BV10 with a red fret gets a lot of comments, all in a positive way.

• 02-18-2012 4:14 AM In reply to

Got to change my BV7 Mk3 , since I put a new D panel Samsung in the spare bedroom I can see the poor picture quality the 7  has . When I first got this 7 I thought the picture was great , I can only think the picture has deteriorated and am now looking for faults . Quite a bit of pixilation , most noticeable around words ( like the Sky banners ) and the black level goes from poor in the middle to very fogy grey towards the sides . Only had the set 3 or 4 years , has it got a fault or can I assume all LCD’s gradually die , but 4 years isn’t very long  ?

Having said all that I will change it but stick with B&o , this is one of my main Tv’s and have quite a bit of equipment attached ( speakers , Sky ect ) and I like the style of the 7 and would annoy me to go backwards and have to live with Samsung all be it a good picture . What could I expect the cost to be if I traded up to the latest Bv7 ?

• 02-18-2012 4:55 AM In reply to

• Chris
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-19-2010
    • Corbridge, UK
    • Posts 353
    • Gold Member

I have a mk3 and don't suffer any of those faults so maybe an individual panel problem(sales of goods covers up to 5 years doesn't it?)

The problem is that at the moment unlike any other period tv technology is changing and improving on a yearly rate. It doesn't endear me to spend £10,000 on a new 7 I have to admit. Up grading from a mk 3 to a 6 which I contemplated will cost about £5,000. You would probably end up with exactly the same chassis and a Samsung D panel!!!

A Beovision 10-40 in black and red fret on order, Beo4, Beo6, many A8's, a pair of white and yellow Form 2's, Beocom 4, 28 inch Avant RF DVD, Apple TV and a wife that loves this stuff as much as i do! 

• 02-18-2012 5:17 AM In reply to

Pity a panel can’t drop in like a toaster as new technology arrives . Think I will get a engineer to come and have a look , impressed with it when I got it and no comparison in style with other tv’s , got to be a problem with it , shouldn’t have deteriorated  that quick .

Richard

Page 3 of 3 (66 items) < Previous 1 2 3