in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-06-2012 1:51 PM by Stoobietoo. 12 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-05-2012 6:12 AM

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

ATv video in link rooms

Hello all

How can I get the apple tv in my link rooms.

I get sky that is connected via scart and hdmi

I get bv7 DVD and that is just connected via HDMI

I get the sound from ATv as I have it connected via hdmi and phone using av5 by selecting av vmem and I understand that the sound is via masterlink.

Any idea's thanks all?

Beovision 7 MKIV (Blu Ray)
    Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 02-05-2012 7:30 AM In reply to

Re: ATv video in link rooms

You need to downscale to sd, and connect to the master tv as well as hd, in the same way as your sky box is (the tv deals with the DVD internally since its a source from the factory.

It's cheaper to but another apple tv, and also give you more flexibility in your setup.

• 02-05-2012 7:49 AM In reply to

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

It's more for multi room from one apple tv.

That was my question I have apple tv connected to the tv via hdmi but there is no SD output on it.

It has component from what I remember but that won't allow me the phone leads wil it and I don't think component will distribute will it.

Thanks

Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 02-05-2012 8:25 AM In reply to

I am not trying to be awkward, but the only reason I can think of a single shared apple rv being better is if you wanted to rent a movie and the finish watching in another room, and I can't imagine anyone really does that very often.

For everything else another apple tv in the other room wins, including cost and ease of use.

• 02-05-2012 9:26 AM In reply to

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

Hi again

The only reason I want to use one is that I use the beolink system to send the audio into all rooms for example today I had it on in every room while I was cleaning. Atv1 I mean and using the music stored on it rather than using it as AirPlay and sending music to it.

When in the bedroom I would like to be able to browse my music on atv1 without having to go and get my iPad as once I have it I would have been in the main room anyway.

Would be nice for film never really thought of that.

Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 02-05-2012 10:24 AM In reply to

Fair enough, I am not aware of an elegant and reliable way to distribute the hd signal from one, or downgrade it to sd.  If you have cat 5 (or even spare coax, but the adapters are very expensive) you could split the hdmi at the apple tv and send it over that.

If its just a music solution you are looking for with control from link rooms then the B&O answer would be BeoSound 5 with a beo6, or distribute the output from a beomedia 1 or beomaster 5 over your existing rf master link distribution.

• 02-05-2012 12:54 PM In reply to

Seanie_230:

That was my question I have apple tv connected to the tv via hdmi but there is no SD output on it.

It has component from what I remember but that won't allow me the phone leads wil it and I don't think component will distribute will it.

Thanks

I don't know about distrubuting picture but I have my ATV1 distributing music.

If changing to SD and using a scart input to the master TV will help, take a look at the bottom of this posting to see how to do it for the ATV1. Look here. This method "hacks" the component sockets to output composite so may be of use.

I have to use this method as my BV5 is non HD. I can guarantee either the free method or the ATV Flash method work.I used the free method to begin with but got ATV Flash for that and the ability to use XBMC.

Stoobie

• 02-05-2012 1:19 PM In reply to

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

Hi there

Yeah I have ATv flash but not configured door SD.

I want to be able to do as I do with sky.

Stil have hd on main room tv and the SD signal via scart sent to link rooms via rf dist.

I currently dist the sound via av5 phono connections.

So do you know if the ATv flash option will allow the SD and hdmi work at the same time then I could put the SD signal into a scart yellow red and white connector giving me the SD to dist around the house but only if I can keep Hd on the main tv for films etc.

Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 02-05-2012 1:26 PM In reply to

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

Oh from reading that I see that I would need to adjust the resolution so I would loose hd.

Would I get the black and white picture by connecting the ATv green to scart yellow as I would be happy with black and white. Will I have to adjust res to get the picture in black and white? If so then it won't be possible as I won't give up HD in the main room for it

Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 02-05-2012 2:05 PM In reply to

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

Ok I hAve performed a test with no results.

I have connected the green cable from composite to the yellow cable of a scart convertor that I use for my ps3 on av2.

I tried with every resolution and hdmi setting I do not get any form of output not even black and white.

Any idea

?

Thanks

Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 02-05-2012 2:19 PM In reply to

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

Hi again

Just tried it with the camera input from all composite outputs and nothing

Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 02-05-2012 4:08 PM In reply to

• StUrrock
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-04-2008
    • Cambridgeshire
    • Posts 219
    • Bronze Member

• 02-06-2012 1:51 PM In reply to

Seanie,

All I can say is when I followed the instructions given in that posting my ATV1 worked on my TV. I got coulour and was able to control it with my Beo4.

However I don't think you can do what you hope with having HD output AND SD at the same time. You need to follow the instructions (and read your TV where this says Avant) and maybe set the Scart input on the TV menu for the correct settings too if required. Other than that I can't help as it worked for me on my BV5 so i don't know what inputs you have and how they can be set, if at all.

Stoobie

1. Use the SCART V-AUX input on the B&O Avant and connect a Scart to composite adapter (has Scart on one side and three phono sockets on other (Left & Right Audio & Video)

2. Enable the V-AUX input on the Avant via the set-up menu using your BEO4 and create the V-AUX menu item on the BEO4

3. Connect the three cables between the Scart to Composite adapter on the Avant to the Apple TV matching the two audio channels (Red & White) and putting the (Composite) video cable into the Green socket on the Apple TV.

4. Select V-AUX and you'll now have great sound, but a black and white picture. Now for the spoof...

5. On the AppleTV set the resolution to 480i

6. Now move up one item to 480p, but do not press the select button yet.

7. Unplug the video cable (in the Green socket) and plug in a (previously bought) HDMI to DVI adapter (£9.99) with a DVI to VGA adapter on the end (I got the latter with my Mac Mini) You must have both of these connected to work the spoof.

8. Now press select on AppleTV remote (selecting 480p)

9. Count to 5 slowly

10. Unplug the adapter and plug the composite cable back into the Green socket

11. Wait a few seconds and hey presto colour picture.

Or if you have aTV flash you need to look on their website and do a seacrh on how to install "composited.kext" I think - link here

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)