in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-04-2012 2:53 PM by Alex. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-04-2012 4:23 AM

• paul
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-10-2009
    • dublin
    • Posts 130
    • Gold Member

using the BEOLINK APP

does anyone have the BeoLink APP on iphone to control their set-up?

is it any good?

how can I set it up? it is asking for Username/Password/Hostname under ADD FIXED MLGW (which i assumes means Master Link GateWay)

would appreciate any help getting it going!

Thnaks

paul (Dublin)

BeoVision 7-40 MKIV with BeoLab 7-4 Vertical speaker, BeoSound 9000 CD/Tuner, Speakers are a pair of  BeoLab 5 in Black with a pair of BeoLab 4000 as rear speakers, and in bedroom BeoCentre 6-26 with BeoLab 8000's. Both the Kitchen and bathroom have Beolab3500's. BeoCom 2 and BeoCom 5 phones. Beo 6 and Beo4 remotes. LATEST ADDITION: Beogram 7000 with MMC2 stylus....

• 02-04-2012 5:29 AM In reply to

• tompa
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-30-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 94
    • Bronze Member

Re: using the BEOLINK APP

paul:

does anyone have the BeoLink APP on iphone to control their set-up?

is it any good?

how can I set it up? it is asking for Username/Password/Hostname under ADD FIXED MLGW (which i assumes means Master Link GateWay)

would appreciate any help getting it going!

Thnaks

paul (Dublin)

You start to add virtual buttons in MLGW browser, and then you have done that you can take your iphone and login to mlgw thru beolink app with same login as you have enter on mlgw browser default= admin as user and a password you have chosen

• 02-04-2012 9:02 AM In reply to

• paul
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-10-2009
    • dublin
    • Posts 130
    • Gold Member

sorry but i dont understand

Hi,

do i do all this from the app download on my iphone? Im not very savvy on these things, so i have no idea what the Master link Gateway Browser is....

in the app, its asking me for Username / Password / Hostname....whatever i put in, its starts searching and tells me "hostname not found"

thnaks

paul

or do i need to set it up on a computer first??

BeoVision 7-40 MKIV with BeoLab 7-4 Vertical speaker, BeoSound 9000 CD/Tuner, Speakers are a pair of  BeoLab 5 in Black with a pair of BeoLab 4000 as rear speakers, and in bedroom BeoCentre 6-26 with BeoLab 8000's. Both the Kitchen and bathroom have Beolab3500's. BeoCom 2 and BeoCom 5 phones. Beo 6 and Beo4 remotes. LATEST ADDITION: Beogram 7000 with MMC2 stylus....

• 02-04-2012 9:44 AM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • New York, NY
    • Posts 176
    • Bronze Member

paul:

sorry but i dont understand

Hi,

do i do all this from the app download on my iphone? Im not very savvy on these things, so i have no idea what the Master link Gateway Browser is....

in the app, its asking me for Username / Password / Hostname....whatever i put in, its starts searching and tells me "hostname not found"

thnaks

paul

or do i need to set it up on a computer first??

You'll need to purchase the ML Gateway from your dealer.  More than likely you'll also need to have them program it for you.  It's a very useful device especially if you have a multiroom set up with different environmental scenes as part of your AV setup.  With the latest update you can also access the MLGW remotely so long as you have port 80 and 9000 forwarded in your router to the ML Gateway.  Not sure if it's any different in Europe, but US broadband providers typically block port 80 on residential accounts so you'll have to pay for a few upgrades to have true remote access to your system.  Again ... a great and powerful device so long as you're properly set up for it.

Store Manager Bang & Olufsen Broadway 927 Broadway New York, NY 10010
  • 02-04-2012 10:00 AM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

The Beolink app works as a client for the MLGW. You have to set up your MLGW, assign it to your system with all link systems and Beo devices in your house. All needed sources and buttons will automatically appear on your Beolink app and you can control your system all over the house via wlan.

In addition MLGW supports home automation systems like Lutron, KNX, IHC....and RS232 controled devices like Lintronic.

You can create virtual buttons that activate macros like closing shades, turning on the light, power on your Beovison...with one button.

Or make a "Good night" button, that set your main Beovision to standby, shut down the lights in the living room and activates at the same time your ink Beovision in the bedroom and activates the bedroom lights.

If you have a Beo5/6 you can import the config. file directly to MLGW.

Maybe this will help (?)...

http://vimeo.com/10424088

Stefan

• 02-04-2012 10:21 AM In reply to

• paul
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-10-2009
    • dublin
    • Posts 130
    • Gold Member

Thnaks a lot strphan and alex - i understand it now )

basically i need to get a Gateway first from B&O. I can do that. and im delighted that I can add lights etc and control them from my app as i do now from my Beo6.

it was the MLGW that threw me - never really knew what it was but it sounds pretty good and worth investing in.

thanks guys :)

Paul (dublin)

• 02-04-2012 2:53 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • New York, NY
    • Posts 176
    • Bronze Member

paul:

Thnaks a lot strphan and alex - i understand it now )

basically i need to get a Gateway first from B&O. I can do that. and im delighted that I can add lights etc and control them from my app as i do now from my Beo6.

it was the MLGW that threw me - never really knew what it was but it sounds pretty good and worth investing in.

thanks guys :)

Paul (dublin)

In my opinion it really "completes" your whole system.  Pay your local dealer a visit!

Store Manager Bang & Olufsen Broadway 927 Broadway New York, NY 10010
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)