in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-06-2012 8:14 AM by Stephan. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-02-2012 6:28 AM

• mbee
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Paris, France
    • Posts 1,133
    • Bronze Member

Beosound 5 Encore easy masterlink...

Some people here would be happy to get the long-rumored BeoNet to Beolink module, allowing the BS5 Encore to be connected to a "good old" masterlink setup easily.

I just figured out that maybe we don't have to wait, as the interface allowing to connect a BS5E to a videomaster is already there! Cool

The idea : using the Beolink converter (1611?), designed to adapt non-Beolink capable audiosystems such as the Beosound 2300 to Masterlink videomasters.

It should allow to connect a BS5E to a Beovision via Masterlink in audio mode, and to distribute the sound in link rooms... Am I wrong?

• 02-02-2012 7:56 AM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • New York, NY
    • Posts 176
    • Bronze Member

Re: Beosound 5 Encore easy masterlink...

Unfortunately yes this will not work as the Encore currently has no connectivity at all for multiroom systems.

Store Manager Bang & Olufsen Broadway 927 Broadway New York, NY 10010
  • 02-02-2012 8:18 AM In reply to

According to my B&O dealer the products of this company:

http://almando.com/

could be a solution for this problem.

To be honest, I haven't figured out how to wire the stuff and if this is the right solution but I want to share the info with you....

Feedback highly appreciated...

Stephan

• 02-02-2012 11:57 AM In reply to

• mbee
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Paris, France
    • Posts 1,133
    • Bronze Member

Alex:

Unfortunately yes this will not work as the Encore currently has no connectivity at all for multiroom systems.

A Beosound 2300 only has Powerlink.

A Beosound 5 Encore only has Powerlink (and has BeoNet for the future, but that's another thing)

With a Beolink converter (1611), I can connect (and use in linkrooms) the radio/CD from my BS2300 to a Beovision used as master.

Why couldn't I do the same with the Encore and the BS2300? (I know you're a store manager, so you may be  answering that to preserve sales of "normal" BS5 in "masterlinked homes", but you can say the truth, no one is listening here Cool!!)

• 02-02-2012 12:01 PM In reply to

Mbee, you're confusing your ports. The BeoSound 2300 works using the Datalink socket (which looks very much like a powerlink socket) for MCL transmission. It's the precursor to the BeoLink.

It's the exact opposite. As store managers and salespeople we would love to be able to integrate the BeoSound 5 Encore, but it is not currently possible. 

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 02-02-2012 12:35 PM In reply to

• mbee
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Paris, France
    • Posts 1,133
    • Bronze Member

Ok, I didn't know that the Beolink converter was using datalink... So... No hope! [:'(]

• 02-02-2012 2:31 PM In reply to

The only thing you can do, if you already have a video setup with all your speakers connected to it, is connect your BS5 Encore Powerlink out to your front or rear speakers Powerlink sockets on your BeoVision/BeoSystem socket panel; since Powerlink signals are looped, once you turn your Encore on, your front or rear BeoLab speakers from your TV system will turn on as well. I used to do that on my BV3 when I had run out of Masterlink cables and it works 100%; the only thing you'll need is a Powerlink Y splitter, since your socket panel probably has 2 outputs (left & right), and since you probably use them both already..Idea

Reunion Island is greeting you!

• 02-06-2012 6:05 AM In reply to

@Chris:

what happens when the Encore and a video source output simultaneously?

• 02-06-2012 7:52 AM In reply to

raveny:

Total protonic reversal.

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 02-06-2012 8:13 AM In reply to

TripEnglish:

raveny:

Total protonic reversal.

Totally almost pissed into my pants laughing ...  Good one Trip! :-) :-) :-)

The race for quality has no finish line- so technically, it's more like a death march.

• 02-06-2012 8:14 AM In reply to

@ Trip: Epic!

If output simultaneously, the volume of the sources go down and ( at least in my setup...) you hear a strange KLICKING sound through the speakers .... believe me, this does not sound good.... don't try....

Best

Stephan

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)