in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-19-2012 2:05 AM by The Plumber. 42 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (43 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-01-2012 5:01 PM

Screwed by Llewelyn

Last June I agreed to trade a Beotime for a Beogram with Llewelyn.

http://forum.beoworld.org/forums/t/39493.aspx

February has arrived without sign of a Beogram or any kind of payment from Llewelyn. Yet he has had the Beotime since July 2011.

I've debated posting this for sometime. The first couple of people I had contact with from this forum (particularly Clevie, to whom I still owe a debt) were so nice that I still find it hard to believe that Llewelyn is screwing me so badly.

I guess this is my final attempt to shame him into doing something. And to warn others not to be as naive as me and believe that someone will live up to their end of an agreement, even in the seemingly welcoming environment of the Beoworld forum.

• 02-01-2012 5:32 PM In reply to

• deaddruid
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-24-2007
    • Malvern, Worcestershire
    • Posts 247
    • Founder

Re: Screwed by Llewelyn

Much as I hate to join such a thread, I feel I have to comment that in my one experience with Llewelyn he was very generous and donated equipment without any request for reward. I suggest that, however unlikely this may sound to you, there is almost certainly some kind of misunderstanding here. Please talk to him and then update the post to let us know the result.

Mark

• 02-01-2012 5:45 PM In reply to

deaddruid:

Much as I hate to join such a thread, I feel I have to comment that in my one experience with Llewelyn he was very generous and donated equipment without any request for reward. I suggest that, however unlikely this may sound to you, there is almost certainly some kind of misunderstanding here. Please talk to him and then update the post to let us know the result.

Mark

Have the same experience as Mark, Llewelyn took the effort buying an item for me on Ebay and we did an exchange with some parts he and I had. "Finally" I received my items which he has bought for me plus some extra's from his own collectionYes -  thumbs up

I still have to pay him for the goods he bought for me on Ebay but no reply yet from my UK friend, he seems to be very busy. There must be a mistake KB1981, I'm sure...

B&O item 1, B&O item 2, B&O item 3,...................B&O item 735

Beovirus? What's that?

• 02-02-2012 1:27 AM In reply to

• Brendan
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 04-05-2011
    • Melbourne, Australia.
    • Posts 26
    • Gold Member

Join the club kb1981! In July 2011 I agreed to purchase 2 SP series cartridges from Llewelyn.

SP6-7 and SP14 for sale

I quickly transferred the payment to him.  The items were to be posted within days. 7 months and 30 or so emails later and nothing has transpired - just excuse after excuse. Hours and hours were wasted on useless emails. Many months were wasted before I gave up and looked elsewhere to get my beloved Beogram back to shape. I feel totally screwed by him.

Llewelyn is very charming in all of his his emails and I really thought I was dealing with a decent person: WRONG!

I contacted a couple of BeoWorld moderators who tryed to help as best they could but in the end it was up to Llewelyn to redeem himself.

Beoworld is a wonderful place, just be wary of Llewelyn, very wary.

• 02-02-2012 3:11 AM In reply to

I believe in that time he may have moved house, so that will have caused some chaos. Maybe thats the reason for delays.

• 02-02-2012 4:06 AM In reply to

It must be one hell of a house move. And he's had plenty enough time to post on these forums in that time.

I'm all for giving someone a break - life happens to get in the way sometimes - but we're talking seven months here. I think I waited more than long enough before going public with this.

I have plenty of email correspondance in that time, and nothing to show but lots of empty promises.

I think it only fair that people are aware of my experience, whether their's was a better one or not. I'm pretty sure Brendan would have thought twice about dealing with Llewelyn had I posted this sooner. So maybe it will save someone else from throwing their money away too.

• 02-02-2012 4:21 AM In reply to

• Brendan
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 04-05-2011
    • Melbourne, Australia.
    • Posts 26
    • Gold Member

Touche kb1981. You could build a house in the time it has taken.

• 02-02-2012 4:40 AM In reply to

Sorry to hear guys!

My experience with Llewelyn is only positive and he was very helpfull to me.

He's a bit slow (very very slow) but eventually I got my bits and pieces and I still have to pay him, waiting for his replySleep All the negative remarks from you, from me it's only positiveYes -  thumbs up 

Beovirus? What's that?

• 02-02-2012 5:11 AM In reply to

I guess you're a bit more positive as you're the one that owes him money!

Forgive me for being negative but I'm not made of money. I tried to do someone a favour and I wish I'd just flogged it on eBay and banked the cash seven months ago.

• 02-02-2012 5:16 AM In reply to

kb1981:

I guess you're a bit more positive as you're the one that owes him money!

What do you mean by that? He can have the money as soon as he gives me his bankdetails.

Not sure though if it's wise to mention names on Beoworld anyway. What do you expect us to do with Llewelyn?

Beovirus? What's that?

• 02-02-2012 5:26 AM In reply to

• Brendan
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 04-05-2011
    • Melbourne, Australia.
    • Posts 26
    • Gold Member

"What do you expect us to do with Llewelyn?"

Be very, very wary.

• 02-02-2012 5:31 AM In reply to

I mean exactly that.

Llewelyn doesn't owe you money, you owe it to him. So you're not out of pocket, so you would be positive about the situation.

I expect people to do whatever they wish. Brendan and I seem to have had an identical experience. So if someone's considering sending something to Llewelyn and expecting payment back, perhaps they should think twice about it.

• 02-02-2012 5:38 AM In reply to

I send him an email if he can give me more explanation why things are going so slow. I don't like  to be in debt with anyoneAngry

Beovirus? What's that?

• 02-02-2012 6:02 AM In reply to

• stotty1111
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-16-2007
    • UK / France - Nth Worcestershire/Finistere
    • Posts 924
    • Gold Member

I had similar problem about 5 - 6 years ago with an ml/mcl converter, paid for it by bank transfer - p[romised dispatch with 2 days + a promise of tracking detail neither of which happened, contacted a moderator about my problem after trying to expose him on the forum. At that point he worked in the BnO shop in Leicester - thought of making the 150 mile roundtrip to confront him however a small BnO piece appeared on Ebay under his Pseud.. bought it got his address, took out Small Claims Court papers, contacted him before lodging them, guess what, I got a refund within the hour!

Recently had an MX5500 free tyo collect - he responded, would collect within days that was 3 months ago the tv has now gone to the Brtish Heart Foundation for recycle.

My advice, the man is all mouth and promises -STEER CLEAR!!

Tony

I always try to operate using/following the KISS principle --  Keep it simple stupid!

• 02-02-2012 6:28 AM In reply to

Sh!t Tony, to many people now with bad experiences. Will wait what he's got to say, but you guys are right, I owe him money (aprox. 35 GBp) which I wanna pay...

Beovirus? What's that?

• 02-02-2012 4:17 PM In reply to

Maybe donate it to those who are out of pocket??

My B&O: 2009 Catalogue and Pricelist

• 02-02-2012 4:22 PM In reply to

Already did to Beoworld and I still owe Llewelyn who gave and did nice things for me. No discussions!

Beovirus? What's that?

• 02-02-2012 5:17 PM In reply to

• paul
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-10-2009
    • dublin
    • Posts 130
    • Gold Member

its always a worry doing business over the internet and I feel a great deal of sympathy with you guys who had bad experiences.

there is nothing so disappointing as being left with a feeling of being ripped off. Never dealt with this Llewlyn person so i cannot comment good or bad on him, but i feel ur pain mate!!!!

On a more positve note, recently bought a Beogram 7000 from Graham in Stemma AV (Beo4Life on Ebay) . I paid him on Friday, Beogram 7000 was posted  to me on monday and arrived in Dublin on Wednesday in perfect condition. What a service!! Real nice guy to deal with i must say. 

actually i was so well wrapped i could not fit the bubble wrap back into the box after i unpacked it lol.  he must have had it wrapped in 30 metres of bubble wrap! also, I asked around before i bought from him, as it was a good bit of cash involved but i  had only positve comments from others on Beoworld on their experience of  Graham - I know its off the subject of the original post, but just wanted to say that it can be a good experience.

again, sorry u had such a bad experience 

p

BeoVision 7-40 MKIV with BeoLab 7-4 Vertical speaker, BeoSound 9000 CD/Tuner, Speakers are a pair of  BeoLab 5 in Black with a pair of BeoLab 4000 as rear speakers, and in bedroom BeoCentre 6-26 with BeoLab 8000's. Both the Kitchen and bathroom have Beolab3500's. BeoCom 2 and BeoCom 5 phones. Beo 6 and Beo4 remotes. LATEST ADDITION: Beogram 7000 with MMC2 stylus....

• 02-02-2012 6:12 PM In reply to

I made small deals with Martin, Leslie and Jeff and never had something bad happen, I'm sure Llewelyn will be back and straighten this out.

Most of us, frequently here on the forum, like to help and get help, and let someone down here is the end on the forum, which for some of us is an important part of our living style/costum.

Beosound 3000, BL 4000, BL 8000, BG 2404,BG 5000, BG CD50, Beocord 5000, BM 901, BM 2400, BM 4000, BV S45, BV 3702. There is nothing we cannot do, but a lot of things we don't want to do!!

• 02-03-2012 4:55 AM In reply to

• paul
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-10-2009
    • dublin
    • Posts 130
    • Gold Member

agree with  you Soren

BeoVision 7-40 MKIV with BeoLab 7-4 Vertical speaker, BeoSound 9000 CD/Tuner, Speakers are a pair of  BeoLab 5 in Black with a pair of BeoLab 4000 as rear speakers, and in bedroom BeoCentre 6-26 with BeoLab 8000's. Both the Kitchen and bathroom have Beolab3500's. BeoCom 2 and BeoCom 5 phones. Beo 6 and Beo4 remotes. LATEST ADDITION: Beogram 7000 with MMC2 stylus....

• 02-03-2012 7:20 AM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Personally, it makes me sad that one member of BeoWorld has acted in a disagreeable way to another, especially when money or goods are concerned.

We can all forget things for a week or two if we're busy - but then you apologise and put it right. It seems that in a few cases this hasn't happened, which as the owner of BeoWorld i kind of feel responsible for it, especially as i've had some reports of these instances before this thread started - and chose to give Llewelyn the benefit of the doubt.

Brendan, i've just posted you an SP12 from my own collection - and if kb1981 can let me know which Beogram he hasn't received i'll see what i can do for you.  After that, hopefully we can put this behind us.

Lee

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 02-03-2012 7:33 AM In reply to

So for all issues we have regarding non payments or defect arrivals with Beoworld members we can ask Beoworld to help? Personally I never will call names on a forum.

It's like people hanging in public

Beovirus? What's that?

• 02-03-2012 9:02 AM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Leslie:

So do the people who have lost their money suffer in silence?

These people have emailed, emailed, emailed and emailed, then emailed some more.  After this, what do they do..  I would welcome your ideas in a way which the seemingly unresolvable can be resolved.

Lee

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 02-03-2012 9:13 AM In reply to

9 LEE:

Leslie:

So do the people who have lost their money suffer in silence?

These people have emailed, emailed, emailed and emailed, then emailed some more.  After this, what do they do..  I would welcome your ideas in a way which the seemingly unresolvable can be resolved.

Lee

It's just my opinion that a forum is not the place to name people in public and the way you respond confirms Llewelyn's as a bad guy.

As the Beoworld owner Lee you should step aside and show your kindness in a anonymus way. Sorry  but that's the way how I feel!

Beovirus? What's that?

• 02-03-2012 10:00 AM In reply to

If a member has waited 7 month, send one mail after another, tried with the moderators, what else can he do, if you join a group like this you have to be honest, if one member is of the "right" path it comes back with mistrust between rest of the group. And to name him is OK, we get a warning and can respond to it.

Lee as a site owner has no obligations what so ever to compensate wrong doings from members, he has no way to control a members integrity, but Lee has a high sence of responsibility for the forum, and this make him set things right on his own cost, and posting his actions shows us that something is done, he would not post it if it wasn't posted like this in the first place, but settle the matter outside the forum if he had known about it.

Beosound 3000, BL 4000, BL 8000, BG 2404,BG 5000, BG CD50, Beocord 5000, BM 901, BM 2400, BM 4000, BV S45, BV 3702. There is nothing we cannot do, but a lot of things we don't want to do!!

Page 1 of 2 (43 items) 1 2 Next >