in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-02-2012 2:51 PM by Heribert. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-01-2012 11:15 AM

• madskp
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-06-2007
    • Denmark
    • Posts 111
    • Gold Member

Airplay music from ATV2 vi BV7 40 to BeoSound 4

This might have been asked before so appologies if there allready is a topic (I just couldn't find it).

A colleage of mine has a BV 7 40 (MK3 I think) and a Beosond 4 that are masterlinked together. 

Question is: Can he attach an Apple TV2 via HDMI to the BV 7 and play music through the masterlink to the Beosound 4 and link rooms?

I know that masterlink is analog, but will the BV 7 convert the digital signals to analog?

What commands have to be used on the remote to move the sound from the BV 7 to the Beosound 4?

• 02-01-2012 1:12 PM In reply to

Re: Airplay music from ATV2 vi BV7 40 to BeoSound 4

I have a similar setup (ATV2, BV8, BS4 in "link" room, BL4s in real link room).

Last weekend I was trying to see if I could get the digital sound from the ATV2 translated by the BV8 and put onto the MasterLink for the remote rooms.

Maybe I was unlucky (i.e. incompetent Laughing) in my attempts to understand the Beo4's AV command, or the BV8 does not provide such translation; and maybe on the other hand the BV7 does do such translation (like you I seem to recall that function being added in the last one to two years by a patch upgrade).

If there is no patch upgrade, perhaps the way to go is to integrate an AirPort Express into the BS4's AUX-IN and broadcast via AirPlay from the iTunes source ? (would not get the same Interner radios as easily as the ATV2 ... pity; but would get your friend's music library). I had this set-up once ipon a time, 2 years ago.

Downside (or upside if you prefer) would be that ATV2 playing and the AirPort Express playing would not synchronised (i.e. to play the same music tracks, you would have to push Airplay to the ATV2, rather than the ATV2 pulling the music from iTunes).

But I would be interested if someone else remembers/finds the thread where the translation down from digital audio and analogue audio was done by the BVs ....... 

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 02-01-2012 1:28 PM In reply to

Hi

I have my Mac mini connected with HDMI to my BV 7-40 MK IV. The Mini is set to V.mem so when source in mainroom is V.mem, i can press AV V.mem in linkrooms and have sound from Mac Mini. However this requires me to have my mainroom tv on V.mem at the same time. As soon as i switch mainroom tv (BV 7) to another source, the music in linkrooms stop. This ofcause also means that mainroom tv has to be turned on.

/Ehlerz

BV7-40 MK IV, BL5´s, BL3´s, BL 3500, BL7-4, BS3000, BC 6-23, BV 1, BS3.

• 02-02-2012 2:51 PM In reply to

I think you need analog audio. Additionally to HDMI you spulst connect stereo Audio using a converter or DAC.

I had an ATV 1 connected via HDMI and analog audio and it worked

BeoVision 8-40 / BeoVision 8-32 / Beovision 6-26 / BeoSound 3200 / BeoSound 1 / BeoLab 3 /  Beolab 6000 / Beolab 2000 / Beoport / Beomedia 1 / 3* Beo4 /BeoCom 5 with VOIP

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)