in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-08-2012 2:59 PM by chucky. 39 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (40 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-31-2012 1:06 PM

Beovision 12 now on Bang&Olufsen.com

• 01-31-2012 3:40 PM In reply to

Re: Beovision 12 now on Bang&Olufsen.com

At last.

Two things:

1/ I had not seen the IR (I guess) lens with a green detail (when on?) on top of the frame of the BV12 before - a very different appearance from previous BV approaches ... I wonder if it also operates as a display? (e.g. volume information etc feedback? the 45 degree angle makes me think it may be)

2/ on the main page of the site (not the BV12 link, not BV link) there is the latest "what moves you" clip, which is Geoff Martin, the Tonmeister, talking about sound as a space while standing inside a cave .... a very nice clip ! well worth listening to twice 

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 01-31-2012 4:03 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Really like this BV12.

Does anyone know the retail price im GBP or EUR? With and without the BL12s.

• 01-31-2012 4:19 PM In reply to

Bv12 around eur 18 k incl beosystem 3

Beolabs aroundeur eur 4200

Wanna play?!! (Also a PRIZEWINNER ON BEOWORLD!) 

• 01-31-2012 4:22 PM In reply to

http://www.hdtvnieuws.nl/hdtv/bang-olufsen-beovision-12-65-plasma-hd-tv-20120110/

17499 eur

• 01-31-2012 4:59 PM In reply to

• Beofan2
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-31-2007
    • Fredericia, Denmark
    • Posts 313
    • Bronze Member

I´m a fan too Smile Had a chat with a dealer friday afternoon. He had 3 custumers for the BV12 at the moment.

It´s not magic - it´s Bang & Olufsen

• 01-31-2012 5:12 PM In reply to

It's bling....

I have to see it in real life.

Speakermount is brilliant though. Iwould prefer it in white I think.

When are they in the shops?

• 01-31-2012 7:43 PM In reply to

Hmmmm. Don't let life pass you by, by watching the television when you could be out there doing so many life changing things!

• 01-31-2012 8:51 PM In reply to

...like posting on an online forum on a computer!

My B&O: 2009 Catalogue and Pricelist

• 02-01-2012 2:18 AM In reply to

elephant:
    2/ on the main page of the site (not the BV12 link, not BV link) there is the latest "what moves you" clip, which is Geoff Martin, the Tonmeister, talking about sound as a space while standing inside a cave .... a very nice clip ! well worth listening to twice 

The video with Geoff is recorded here

I was the second place winner on the BeoWorld May 2009 Prize Draw!

Thanks to BeoWorld for a great site!

• 02-01-2012 2:50 AM In reply to

• Michael
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-20-2009
    • Glen Waverley, Victoria, Australia
    • Posts 245
    • Gold Member

Do i read right? 1 x HDMI?  

• 02-01-2012 3:13 AM In reply to

I'm afraid this does nothing for me and I question a strategy that follows the 'TV on the wall' direction. Surely the people B&O target live in homes with space. Do they really want their TV on the edge of the room? Let's face it, a decent Samsung looks pretty much as good on a wall. I think B&O are making the mistake of trying to compete in the TV market by making their products more like their competitors rather than by making them more different. 

• 02-01-2012 3:37 AM In reply to

that is the connection between BS3 and the BV12. You will plug the sources into BS3 not directly to BV12

BeoVision 8-40 / BeoVision 8-32 / Beovision 6-26 / BeoSound 3200 / BeoSound 1 / BeoLab 3 /  Beolab 6000 / Beolab 2000 / Beoport / Beomedia 1 / 3* Beo4 /BeoCom 5 with VOIP

• 02-01-2012 7:46 AM In reply to

Strange that BS3 is not mentioned anywhere on the Beovison 12 infopage (what I can see).

Guess less knowledgable customers must be surprised if they expected a more standard TV setup (i.e no external box other than maybe a cable TV tuner).

Happy owner of: BV10, 2 x Beocom 2, Beocom 6000, Beocenter 2, Beolab 3, Beolab 2000, Beo4, Beolab 11

1:st prize winner Beoworld January Price Draw.

• 02-01-2012 12:52 PM In reply to

ClausMikkelsen:
    The video with Geoff is recorded here

Mønsted Kalkgruber !!

Only an hour from Struer ... maybe we should add it to the Struer tour ... I am sure the "fabric selectors" would love to see the bats :-)

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 02-01-2012 1:47 PM In reply to

I agree. I have a beovision 7 on a stand standing in front of the window. The glass is half sandblasted and the other half is normal.

Just for the tv....

• 02-01-2012 3:12 PM In reply to

Hardwriter:

I'm afraid this does nothing for me and I question a strategy that follows the 'TV on the wall' direction. Surely the people B&O target live in homes with space. Do they really want their TV on the edge of the room? Let's face it, a decent Samsung looks pretty much as good on a wall. I think B&O are making the mistake of trying to compete in the TV market by making their products more like their competitors rather than by making them more different. 

In a perfect world I'd like to see all TVs free-standing. I personally think they look cool and derive a lot of their personailty from this configuration. Unfortunately, though, people want televisions on the wall. They want a beautiful design and great performance, but a lot of people's rooms are just better suited to a flat wall-mounted TV. The last year I think I only sold 3 BV4-65s. Right now I have 2 BV12s pre-ordered so I think it's going to be a big hit. 

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 02-01-2012 3:22 PM In reply to

• Beobird
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Netherlands
    • Posts 506
    • Gold Member

Have to say I like the design of this one but I also miss the floorstand (that's why I still love the 7 so much). It's a shame they have the Beovision on the webpage next to the Beolab 12 instead of some proper 5's and 8000's. I think the beolab 12 looks futuristic... not beautiful...

We Can't Get Enough B&O Stuff...

• 02-01-2012 3:26 PM In reply to

The BeoLab 12s have grown on me. My intial reaction was that there was way too much reflective surface. But I like the design. Like a lot of low-profile technology it's hard to capture the looks in a photo. I'm hopeing that they release a black and dark grey version to tone down some of the shine.

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 02-01-2012 3:27 PM In reply to

• paul
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-10-2009
    • dublin
    • Posts 130
    • Gold Member

18K for a TV...i can see the recession has not hit everyone!!

sadly, i wont be a proud owner and will have to make do with my BV7-40!!!

actually, i agres with the anti-wall brigade...if i spend 18K on a Tv, it better stop u in your tracks when you walk into the room!!!!

.....while the BV12 is a beautiful TV, i think these new designs are becoming less and less distinguishable than main brands like Samsung or sony. In terms of design, its no BV 7.

paul

BeoVision 7-40 MKIV with BeoLab 7-4 Vertical speaker, BeoSound 9000 CD/Tuner, Speakers are a pair of  BeoLab 5 in Black with a pair of BeoLab 4000 as rear speakers, and in bedroom BeoCentre 6-26 with BeoLab 8000's. Both the Kitchen and bathroom have Beolab3500's. BeoCom 2 and BeoCom 5 phones. Beo 6 and Beo4 remotes. LATEST ADDITION: Beogram 7000 with MMC2 stylus....

• 02-01-2012 3:41 PM In reply to

What about sound? The center looks small and is less powerfull then a Bl7-4

750 vs ^400 ?

• 02-01-2012 4:26 PM In reply to

• Chris
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-19-2010
    • Corbridge, UK
    • Posts 353
    • Gold Member

It would be more appealing if it were not for the new panel technologies about to be launched upon us. I don't think 4k programmes will be launched any time soon, not here anyway but cannot bring myself to invest in something that could be bettered by something a tenth of the price very soon. It was much easier to warrant it in the CRT days. There was only 1 technology, and 1 manufacturer.

A Beovision 10-40 in black and red fret on order, Beo4, Beo6, many A8's, a pair of white and yellow Form 2's, Beocom 4, 28 inch Avant RF DVD, Apple TV and a wife that loves this stuff as much as i do! 

• 02-01-2012 5:29 PM In reply to

Yes depreciation on tv's is a nightmare.

The 3D hype is not comming through so I think it will be a bit more stable now.

I traded a bv7 mk1 an mk 3 in. The last time I thought the dealer was going mad.

I was struggling buying a system 3 and a panasonic panel, but like a stand tv so again a bv7.

I would never buy a 65 inch screen but a beamer. The tv is not always on and it is hughe even if you've got a large living. Price is also a lot better.

• 02-03-2012 4:20 PM In reply to

• tompa
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-30-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 94
    • Bronze Member

Hardwriter:

B&O don´t have floor stand but you can buy from Stb Brackets (b&o Aproved) cost´s about £3000 and heavy 80kg

• 02-04-2012 2:35 PM In reply to

• gibbe
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-03-2011
    • Posts 1
    • Bronze Member

Anybody that have seen the picture on the 12 ? , I have the 7-55 and the question is if the upgrade is worth the trouble and money, maybe investing in a projector will do the trick when I want to have a bigger picture....any ideas ?
Page 1 of 2 (40 items) 1 2 Next >