in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-27-2012 11:42 AM by Leslie. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-27-2012 5:57 AM

• paulcowie
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-05-2008
    • Fife, Scotland
    • Posts 4
    • Bronze Member

Beosound Overture through a Beomaster 5500

Just a quick question.  i have an old beomaster 5500 amp with RL65 speakers, i have been offered an Overture system and was wondering if i could link it through my amplifier so that it would work with my redline speakers or would i just have to go out and buy active speakers for this to work.

Thanks

Paul

• 01-27-2012 7:13 AM In reply to

Re: Beosound Overture through a Beomaster 5500

You could hook it up with a din to din lead i.e from Aux on the overture to take in on the BM5500 - but you would get problems with using the remote as both would respond to Radio etc so I would imagine you would connect aux on the Overture to CD on the BM5500 and use the beomaster radio and the overture as a CD player - the other way if you are just using the BM as an amp may be to get Powerlink to Din Lead - I'm not sure as I've not done it but seem to recall that there are Pre-Amp to Power Amp sockets on the Beomaster - so in theory you could take the Powerlink Line out from the Overture to the Power Amp in Sockets on the Beomaster and use it that way but you would lose any other functionality in the beomaster

The other option would be to replace the 5500 with a Beolink amp - they are cheap on ebay (upto £150) and this would drive your speakers from the powerlink sockets on the Overture. Or more expensive to purchase beolab speakers.

Beovision Avant 32 RF, DVD1, Beovision 1, MX4002, Beound 3000, Beolab Penta MKII, Beovox Penta, Beolit 707, Beolink Passive, Beovox C30, Beocom 4, Beogram TX, 4 x Beo4, Form 1 & 2, Beocenter 7700, Beovox S65,

• 01-27-2012 11:35 AM In reply to

• paulcowie
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-05-2008
    • Fife, Scotland
    • Posts 4
    • Bronze Member

Thanks for your response

I never thought about using the Beolink amp as in all honesty, i dont really have a clue about the Beolink system (other than i know that you can link up various devices in different rooms etc) i think i will look through ebay and grab one, i think for the functionality of the overture through my Beo4 remote, this set up will work better and also, the beolink amp will be easier to hide.

Thanks again

Paul

• 01-27-2012 11:42 AM In reply to

paulcowie:

Thanks for your response

I never thought about using the Beolink amp as in all honesty, i dont really have a clue about the Beolink system (other than i know that you can link up various devices in different rooms etc) i think i will look through ebay and grab one, i think for the functionality of the overture through my Beo4 remote, this set up will work better and also, the beolink amp will be easier to hide.

Thanks again

Paul

If you need one, let me knowSmile

B&O item 1, B&O item 2, B&O item 3,...................B&O item 735

Beovirus? What's that?

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)