in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-26-2012 3:55 PM by elephant. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-26-2012 2:33 PM

Hi res music quality

After I got my pair of Beolab 5 a year ago I have spent alot of time chasing the best possible sound by calibrating and  moving around. More than once with great help from kind Beoworld members.

At last I'm happy with my setup and it is time to enjoy the absolut best sounding digital music I can feed thru that digital in. But I must say that not all collections of recorded 0's and 1's sound nice. Not even thru BL5s! 

I think maybe speakers in this class exhibits the shortfalls of mediocre recordings even more. So now I find myself spending alot of time investigating what albums to buy and what not to. OK, it is a hobby and it's fun spending time on, but I decided to do something anyway.

So to help myself and hopefully others too, I have put together a meta-search engine on http://hiresreview.com with built-in tools to review and manage a music collection. For now the search comprises 2500 albums from hdtracks.com,linn.com and qobuz.com  and I plan to add more sources in the coming weeks.

I would really appreciate your comments and ideas on this initiative.I hope it will be really usefull if information on high resolution music are assembled in a very structured database like this. As reviews, links to resources, comments and so on start to build up I hope that quality recordings quickly will stand out from the rest.

I think more and more of you have started to play high resolution downloads on your beo gear, so I'm very interested in hearing about your experiences.

Thank you, 

Kim

• 01-26-2012 3:55 PM In reply to

Re: Hi res music quality

kimchr:
    I have put together a meta-search engine on http://hiresreview.com with built-in tools to review and manage a music collection

Thank You !

I have done very little experimenting (and I only have BL3s and a tinny ear to boot :/) but I recognise your findings -- so recordings are great and some lack body. 

There have been a few comments about how modern sound engineering is flattening sound so that it will sound "good" even after it has been compressed ... hopefully this trend will be reversed when we don't need compression !

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)