in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-24-2012 11:00 PM by Eugene. 31 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (32 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-24-2012 5:48 AM In reply to

Re: finally...a beogram :)

I also converted my Beocord 5000 to play the iPod or MP3 player. Remeber cassettes had there own method of decompressing and expanding out the "original compressed" tape signals. works pretty well. actually I have to set the  iPod at 1/2 volume or turn the sound midi on my MAC to 1/2. full volume is way too loud.

Used a simple and cheap car cassette to mp3 convertor device.

• 01-24-2012 10:30 AM In reply to

• Rich
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-10-2010
    • Orlando, Florida, USA
    • Posts 1,089
    • Gold Member

Søren Mexico:

Rich:

WRONG!  The MMC4 is a good cartridge; the MMC2 is a great one.

One never hears the MMC3 discussed.  I think I've only ever seen one for sale.

Yes sir, and if your vinyl is like mine, I would never put an MMC 1 or 2 on it, I'm totally happy with an old MMC4, and a new SMMC 4

Well, that's what multiple turntables are for!  I keep a second deck (the worse of my two RX 2's with a decent MMC4) in my main system for substandard vinyl that for some reason I have to listen to.

Current primary listening:  SMMC20EN -> BG4002 -> BM4000 -> Beovox M70

• 01-24-2012 10:34 AM In reply to

• Rich
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-10-2010
    • Orlando, Florida, USA
    • Posts 1,089
    • Gold Member

Eugene:

I also converted my Beocord 5000 to play the iPod or MP3 player. Remeber cassettes had there own method of decompressing and expanding out the "original compressed" tape signals. works pretty well. actually I have to set the  iPod at 1/2 volume or turn the sound midi on my MAC to 1/2. full volume is way too loud.

You mentioned that last year in a thread, and I bought Monster's version on Amazon.  Tried it in a BC4500 and it doesn't work.  I just went ahead and built a switch (repurposed parallel printer 4X switch) to get four line level sources into the Tape 1 input of my BM4000.  Got a cheap iPod dock (Sherwood?  $40?) on Parts Express for iPod connectivity to the main system.

Anyone want a barely used Monster cassette to mp3 player convertor?

• 01-24-2012 3:48 PM In reply to

Rich:

Eugene:

You mentioned that last year in a thread, and I bought Monster's version on Amazon.  Tried it in a BC4500 and it doesn't work.  I just went ahead and built a switch (repurposed parallel printer 4X switch) to get four line level sources into the Tape 1 input of my BM4000.  Got a cheap iPod dock (Sherwood?  $40?) on Parts Express for iPod connectivity to the main system.

Dont know why it would not have. I used mine today out of curiosity and it worked fine after sitting unused for like 8 months. It has been relegated like so much of my B&O to simply display/novelty with only occaisional listening. i really only listen  to two set ups regularly anymore. All the rest just sits.

• 01-24-2012 4:14 PM In reply to

• Rich
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-10-2010
    • Orlando, Florida, USA
    • Posts 1,089
    • Gold Member

Eugene:

Rich:

Eugene:

You mentioned that last year in a thread, and I bought Monster's version on Amazon.  Tried it in a BC4500 and it doesn't work. 

Dont know why it would not have.

Well, the belts of my BC4500 have since proven to be failing, so in hindsight, the convertor not working may have been the first clue.

• 01-24-2012 6:47 PM In reply to

Rich:

I don't like anything Monster, my BL 8000 (bought used) came with a Monster cable Ipod (3,5 Mm) to line on speakers, to each speaker about 3 Meters, I cut a piece of 2 string 24 gauge copper cable in the same length, Monster showed 1,8 Ohm, the 24 gauge o,2 Ohm, a 1.8 Ohm R will convert my 4 Ohm drivers to nearly 6 Ohm as I see it.

Beosound 3000, BL 4000, BL 8000, BG 2404,BG 5000, BG CD50, Beocord 5000, BM 901, BM 2400, BM 4000, BV S45, BV 3702. There is nothing we cannot do, but a lot of things we don't want to do!!

• 01-24-2012 11:00 PM In reply to

Søren Mexico:

Rich:

I don't like anything Monster, my BL 8000 (bought used) came with a Monster cable Ipod (3,5 Mm) to line on speakers, to each speaker about 3 Meters, I cut a piece of 2 string 24 gauge copper cable in the same length, Monster showed 1,8 Ohm, the 24 gauge o,2 Ohm, a 1.8 Ohm R will convert my 4 Ohm drivers to nearly 6 Ohm as I see it.

I have had to discard one convertor that I use in my car, kept breaking contact. One thing about these devises is they are Cheap and I mean real "cheap" . I wont buy the name brands or spend the money charged at most retailers instead I bought mine in a lot of 4 off eBay for about $2 apiece. The  $2 generic is just as cheaply built as the $10-15 dollar name brand convertor.

Page 2 of 2 (32 items) < Previous 1 2