in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-18-2012 5:52 AM by Rajiv. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-17-2012 9:58 AM

• Rajiv
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-17-2012
    • Posts 4
    • Bronze Member

B&O ST/P 12 inch tonearm.

Hi,

I am Rajiv from India and have just become a member of this great site.

I recently found a tonearm made by B&O. It is the ST/P model.

There is very little information available about these tonearms.

The arm I have does not have the cartridge .I need to buy a SP1/2 Cartridge.

I would like to have the arm serviced/rewired as the cable looks a little damaged. 

Please  suggest a good service person and a source for the cartridge.

I  would like to mount this arm on my Thorens TD124 . How does the B&O ST/p arm compare to the other 12 inch arms like the SME and Ortofon?

Looking forward for inputs from members about these products.

Regards
    Rajiv

• 01-17-2012 12:43 PM In reply to

Re: B&O ST/P 12 inch tonearm.

I have an ST/P and a custom SP1/2. Axel in Germany made the cartridge and Frede of Classic Audio in Denmark serviced and repaired the arm and made the armboard for my Beogram 3000. I would suggest that you could easily get a better arm, though it produces a typical B&O sound. It rather depends on whether you want an original Beogram or you want the best in modern performance. A lot of Beogram 3000s seem to have had an SME 3012 fitted. There are at least 3 of us with these arms on site so I am sure you will get another opinion!

• 01-17-2012 5:47 PM In reply to

Congratulations with your find. I was fortunate enough to find one of those tonearms last year, and have also used it with a Beogram 3000/TD124-II.

Very wide and pleasant soundstage with a regular elliptical stylus that Schallplattennadeln in Germany made for me. I then got some problems with the SP1 and am trying to get it sorted out now. Looking forward to using the arm again.

The arm is sensitive and may pick up more internal noise from your turntable, but when set up right it resolves excellently.

Here's mine: http://www.theanalogdept.com/s_leikanger.htm

• 01-18-2012 5:52 AM In reply to

• Rajiv
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-17-2012
    • Posts 4
    • Bronze Member

Hi,

Thank you Peter and Soundproof for your replies.

Regards

Rajiv

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)