in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-18-2012 9:08 AM by Russ. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-17-2012 7:47 AM

Beolab 8000 Connecting questions

Dear All,

This is my first post up here in BEOWORLD, so here we goSmile

Im not so new to B&O products but wanted to ask a question about Beolab 8000 MK2? Wanted to know if you could connect Beolab 8000 MK2's in the same way a you connect the Beolab 9's from one speaker to another??

Thanks for the answers:)

• 01-17-2012 9:07 AM In reply to

Re: Beolab 8000 Connecting questions

All Beolab 8000s, old and new, have only one Powerlink connector (there's really no room for another in the connector bay), so you can't directly daisy chain them. But you can get a Powerlink Y adapter / splitter that allows you to do the same thing externally behind the speaker. Both Sounds Heavenly and a B&O dealer should be able to help with that.

-mika

• 01-17-2012 11:06 AM In reply to

Be aware though that the genuine Y adapter is quite robust for it is MKII cable compatible. What I mean is that if you chain it directly from the speaker, it isn't that sleek looking anymore.

• 01-18-2012 9:08 AM In reply to

• Russ
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-07-2007
    • Washington, DC USA
    • Posts 641
    • Bronze Member

kammeri:

Be aware though that the genuine Y adapter is quite robust for it is MKII cable compatible. What I mean is that if you chain it directly from the speaker, it isn't that sleek looking anymore.

For just that reason, B&O make 2 different PL y-adaptors; the short one to which Kammeri refers, and one with a 2 meter 'tail' so that you can better hide the bulky bits.  Ask your dealer.  I'm away from the shop, so don't expect the part number today.  Unsure

We kid because we love.

Bang & Olufsen Tysons Galleria

McLean, VA USA

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)