in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-08-2012 7:49 AM by Blackrix. 11 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-16-2012 4:33 PM

• Pdegro
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-16-2012
    • Posts 5
    • Bronze Member

Beosystem 2300 no sound out of speakers, headphones work.

Hello to all,

Beosystem 2300

Build 1991

Type no: 2616   S/W 1.1

Serial no: 09432647

I just got this system by a friend. It was not used for some time because of being not working anymore.

I figured out how to connect the wires. Mains to one speaker to the other speaker and then to the system.  5-pins Din from system to each speaker.

There is no remote control (anymore).

I understand this is a system with amplifiers build into the speakers (alike Philips had many years ago)

When I connect to main power, all functions seems to work, but:

There is NO SOUND out of the SPEAKERS!!

There is only one green led light in the left speaker, no led light in the right speaker.

On standby this one green led turns red.

Switching for standby to radio, or cd, or aux I can hear the relais ‘clicking’ in the left speaker and the led changes from red to green and vice versa.

Nothing clicks in the right speaker and no led light at all.

Cd-load is working, the windows opens smoothly, tuner is working, cd player is working fine.

I tried headphones and this works, meaning, there is sound on left & right headphone.

All functions of volume, bass, tremble, balans etc… are working fine.

I checked the fuse in the right speaker and this is ok.

Please, can anyone with some experience on this model help me out.

What should I test, how can I found out what the problem is, step by step...

It would be nice to make this set working again.

Should I post this item in 'Vintage models'??

Kind Regards,

Pierre, Belgium.

• 01-17-2012 4:51 AM In reply to

Re: Beosystem 2300 no sound out of speakers, headphones work.

Hi Pierre,

what speakers are you using - sounds like Beolab but which ones?  Powered speakers EACH need power seperately.  From your description, it sounds like you have only connected mains to one active speaker.  Powerlink cables carry left and right channel information but not power from the source to the speakers and/or, between speakers.  You can 'daisy chain' speakers.  Use a powerlink cable from the Beosystem into one speaker, then link the two speakers using the second powerlink sockets with a secone powerlink cable. 

I guess that you actually do have Beolab 2500's now I've looked again and you do say Beosystem 2300!  If you only seem to have power to 1 speaker, try swapping the power cable around from the good speaker to the one that is off.  Does it operate now?  If it does, you have a cable problem, if it doesn't, it's a speaker problem.

What was supposed to be 'not working' on the system?  Remotes are cheap to get hold of these days especially Beolink 1000..

Dave.

Am I ready? I was born ready!

• 01-18-2012 5:08 AM In reply to

• Pdegro
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-16-2012
    • Posts 5
    • Bronze Member

Hi Dave,

First, thanks for the quick reply.  I add some pics of the Beosystem 2300 with the speakers.  The problem is that the speakers don't work. 

http://nl.tinypic.com/m/fctn5v/4

http://nl.tinypic.com/m/fctn5x/4

I had the speakers connected like you said: mains to speaker 1, from speaker 1 to speaker 2, from speaker 2 to Beosystem.

Only the left speaker 'switches' on (one can hear the relais clicking when switching from standy to radio or cd) and the little led changes from red to green, but: NO SOUND.  The right speaker does nothing at all, even no led light.  I checked the fuse on the right speaker and fuse is ok.  I have changed/swapped mainscable and 5pin din connectors, no effect.

Anyone who can tell me where I should start looking/measuring??  Can I test the speakers seperatly? What is the pin-layout on the 5pin din-plug? 

System works with a headphone.

Greetz,

Pierre, Belgium.

• 01-27-2012 4:26 AM In reply to

• Pdegro
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-16-2012
    • Posts 5
    • Bronze Member

Hi all,

Is there really nobody who can help??

I would like to know how to start diagnose the problem with the speakers.

Please help!!

• 01-27-2012 8:32 AM In reply to

Connect one speaker first with Mains to the outlet socket and Powerlink to the BC2300.

Disconnect cables from 1st speaker and connect them to the 2nd one.

If that works then your speakers are ok.

B&O item 1, B&O item 2, B&O item 3,...................B&O item 735

Beovirus? What's that?

• 01-29-2012 6:55 AM In reply to

• Pdegro
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-16-2012
    • Posts 5
    • Bronze Member

Hi Leslie,

Thanks for your reply, but I have tried all these.

Problem is that there is no sound out of either speakers, and only one amplifier seems to 'switch' on (red or green light).

What I need is information on how to dedect the fault. It seems cables are ok, I have tried to switch left and right.

What way to test the speakers and build in amplifier? On what pin is the data or signal? How to mesure??

Greets from Belgium.

• 01-29-2012 10:04 AM In reply to

Pdegro:

Hi Leslie,

Thanks for your reply, but I have tried all these.

Problem is that there is no sound out of either speakers, and only one amplifier seems to 'switch' on (red or green light).

What I need is information on how to dedect the fault. It seems cables are ok, I have tried to switch left and right.

What way to test the speakers and build in amplifier? On what pin is the data or signal? How to mesure??

Greets from Belgium.

Pfff, no idea... But I can recommend you an excellent guy who repairs things for me for a very reasonable price!

If not I can always sell you a new pair (got 6 pairs)Smile

Beovirus? What's that?

• 01-29-2012 2:02 PM In reply to

Try to only connect the speaker that is giving the green LED. The other speaker probably had a defective powersupply (might be one or two defective resistors) and might need to be repaired.

• 01-30-2012 10:13 AM In reply to

Hi Pierre,

If I read one of your earlier posts correctly,  i believe you simply have the system set up incorrectly and hopefully no repairs are required.

I have the same system and the set up is very similar to a passive system in that each speaker needs to be fed by the BC as follows.

1. Connect each of the speakers individually to a power supply (power point).

2. Each speaker then should be connected individually to the BC2300 via a power link cable. That is each runs back to the main unit NOT one to the other.

Not really sure if they can be daisy chained, but this is how my system is connected.

Trust this helps.

Laurence

• 01-30-2012 11:15 AM In reply to

soundchoice70:

Not really sure if they can be daisy chained, but this is how my system is connected.

2 PL connections on each lab ment to be daisy chained. This way of connecting is because of the wallbracket specially made for attaching the labs and 2300 as one unit! If one lab is working and the other has been connected to the same PL/mains cable then most probably one has a defect. Let us know if Laurence idea works!

Beovirus? What's that?

• 02-07-2012 6:39 PM In reply to

• Pdegro
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-16-2012
    • Posts 5
    • Bronze Member

Hello all,

We have managed to locate the problem.  System is working again. The left speaker, wich had a red led turning green on cd or radio had a bad contact in the speakerconnector. The right speaker had a problem with the 'switch' -relais that puts the 35V to the amp.  We just 'bridged' the relais and now both speaker are working fine.

BUT... after all this search and work, in transport, I've broken the left glass Sad

So, next question, where to find a new or used left glass (window)???

Greetz from Belgium.

Pierre

• 02-08-2012 7:49 AM In reply to

Your dealer can supply a new glass. Or you can contact Leslie, he might be able to help.

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)