in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-15-2012 8:48 PM by bulldogfish. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-15-2012 7:24 PM

trouble with beogram cd 50

Just got this vintage system.When I press play the door closes and the cd goes up to the mechanism and the cd spins for about 5 second.The Cd them drops back down the door opens and the tray comes out.Is this a common problem and should I be able to fix this.The mechanism that holds the laser only move backwards if force is used but will slide forward as it should. Any help would be great.I also have the beocord 5500,master control panel,beomaster,audio terminal and 2 beovox 45s.I want to get the turntable.Really want to get this system up and running.   Thanks

• 01-15-2012 7:27 PM In reply to

Re: trouble with beogram cd 50

Welcome to BeoWorld!

CD upside down? Artwork DOWN in the CD50.

• B&o bottle opener
  • 01-15-2012 8:12 PM In reply to

Works,you are now my friend.  THANKS  Now to the beomaster.both channel work but volume is muted.I read on the intenet there is a mute switch the goes bad, do you think this is the problem or do you have another piece of very good advice.Thank you for being so helpful/  Tim

• 01-15-2012 8:29 PM In reply to

Could well be... which outputs are your 45's connected to?

MUTE is only on SPK1, so try SPK2 as a test to get started.

• B&o bottle opener
  • 01-15-2012 8:48 PM In reply to

I was not using the 45s they need refoamed.Used some small speakers with the correct plugs added.Had it all disconnected when you replied with the cd answer.Will hook it all up tomorrow,for now the cd player is hooked up to my marantz 4270 and 4 polk sda compacts.This cd player sound wonderful.I have lyle lovett crooning away.. wow  Hope you will help me get the beomaster going.BIG THANK YOU AGAIN.Hooked all all components today.The beomaster is not working right.When I play a cd the volume sounds like an out of tune radio station and doesnt get very loud.Ditto for the cassette but the cassette sound is clear but low.How I can get some advice.

burantek:

Could well be... which outputs are your 45's connected to?

MUTE is only on SPK1, so try SPK2 as a test to get started.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)