in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-15-2012 6:34 AM by Raeuber. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-14-2012 1:48 PM

Pictute Mute and Beovisions

Hi,

I have noticed different reactions if I press P.MUTE on Beo4:

- At my BV 10-40 only the picture mutes, the speakers stay in video mode (speaker 3).

- At my BV 7-40 3D the picture mutes, but the speakers switch to audio mode (speaker 2) and the motor stand turns to the audio position. This reaction is the same as if I press AV-DTV. I only want to mute the picture WITHOUT changing the speaker mode or turning the motor stand.

Is this a software bug of the BV 7-40?

/Räuber
  • 01-14-2012 5:43 PM In reply to

• Chris
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-19-2010
    • Corbridge, UK
    • Posts 353
    • Gold Member

Re: Pictute Mute and Beovisions

I get the same on my mk 3 and it's a small pain the ***. What's the mk6 like, are you enjoying it ?

A Beovision 10-40 in black and red fret on order, Beo4, Beo6, many A8's, a pair of white and yellow Form 2's, Beocom 4, 28 inch Avant RF DVD, Apple TV and a wife that loves this stuff as much as i do! 

• 01-14-2012 6:13 PM In reply to

That is actually what it is supposed to do, picture mute tells the tv to go to audio only mode. You could set the default stand position for audio, and the default speaker option for audio, to be the same as the video settings - then you would just get the screen going off. The BV10 doesn't have that facility.

Do you have an audio system connected to the BV10?

BV7-40MK4BR,7-32,6-22,6-23,6-26,BSnd5,9000,BLab9,3,4000,2,BCom2,6000,Btalk1200,LC2s,Lutron

• 01-14-2012 9:11 PM In reply to

MartinW:
    That is actually what it is supposed to do, picture mute tells the tv to go to audio only mode. You could set the default stand position for audio, and the default speaker option for audio, to be the same as the video settings - then you would just get the screen going off. The BV10 doesn't have that facility.

Coincidently I discovered this "problem feechure" :) yesterday when I was helping Cliff install his ATVg2 and he asked about darekning and I programmed [P.MUTE] and was stunned when some speakers switched off, and the stand rotated to its default position ... I will pass along your suggestion to him ! 

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 01-15-2012 6:34 AM In reply to

MartinW:

That´s not a solution for me, because I have a BS 9000 connected to my BV 7-40. When I hear Radio or CD from BS 9000, the BV 7-40 should not turn the motor stand and the speaker mode should be stereo (=2).

If I press P.MUTE the BV 7-40 should only mute the picture and nothing else! If I want to have the audio mode (Speaker 2 and turning the motor stand), I can press AV-DTV on Beo4. Now I have to press P.MUTE, then SPEAKER = 5 and finally STAND to turn the motor stand back to the video position and that´s terrible!

/Räuber

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)