in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-13-2012 5:14 PM by bror. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-13-2012 5:14 PM

• bror
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-13-2012
    • Posts 1
    • Bronze Member

Beocenter 2500 - Tweeter

Hi

I'm new to the forum, I have a couple of vintage B&O receivers and now I have bought my first (fairly) modern piece, a Beosystem 2500.

It has a couple of problems, but I think I can get it to a decent condition. The doors need service, they are a bit slow, I tried a little bit of greas at the bottom slider and now the doors work better, but I think the mechanism needs a bit more cleaning and lubrication.

It seems like the cassette does not work at all, but I'll leave that for now.

Now to the main question, the tweeter in the right speaker is dead, I have not removed it and measured it yet, but I found a thread saying that blown tweeters are a fairly common problem. Where can I find replacements? Do I have to buy B&O or can I buy an equivalent tweeter somewhere else (I guess that someone else is maufacturing these)

I'm thankful for all input I can get.

Regards from Sweden

Edit / Follow up:
    I have now removed the tweeters and switched between the speakers, so I can confirmt that the left tweeter is blown.
    When I measure it with a ohm meter i get no reading, (hence the wire is broken in coil?)
    It is a Vifa and the label says "D26TF-07, 16ohm 103" I have googled it with little success.
    Does anyone know where I can get one or an equivalent?

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)