in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-14-2012 3:46 PM by rudolffischer. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-13-2012 10:48 AM

Move Beocom 6000 PSTN base station into charger enclosure

Hi all,

I have 5 Beocom 6000 handsets in our house, a mix of Mk1 and Mk2 and they have all been updated to the current firmware by B&O. They work off a 'pyramid' type base station.  The dark grey plastic side of the base station enclosure has been exposed to intensive sun and the surface has been damaged. I would like to take one of the pyramid chargers that is in the basement and use it to house the base station electronics. The charger insides would then go to the no-so-pretty base station enclosure.

I opened up both the charger and the base station, using a torx screwdriver. Does anyone know if changing the insides around is easy to do, or if I risk breaking the base station?

Thanks and regards

Rudi

• 01-13-2012 3:15 PM In reply to

Re: Move Beocom 6000 PSTN base station into charger enclosure

What is the damage to the grey plastic part?

I bought some of this mirror film for a different project, but I had some off cuts. I decided that I thought it would look good if I covered the grey plastic side on my base unit (this was the side tha was showing into the room when the base was in use) and I thought the grey a bit dull.

The plastic was smooth and in good condition. I cut the mirror to fit and trimmed with a craft knife. When the mirror finish was in place it looks excellent. If your panel is still fairly smooth but maybe badly discoloured this may work for you. If your pannel is warped this will show badly in the mirror. The base you stick the mirror on needs to be smooth as imperfections will show up.

I have a cut off about A4 size I can post if you think you might be able to use it to repair.

Stoobie

PS I have tried to include pictures so hope they are included when I prees to post this reply. The pics are not very clear but give you the idea

• 01-14-2012 7:45 AM In reply to

• madskp
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-06-2007
    • Denmark
    • Posts 111
    • Gold Member

One thing to note if you are going to exchange parts between the two enclosures is that the MK1 has a LED in the enclosure where the MK2 that is only a charger does not

• 01-14-2012 3:46 PM In reply to

@stoobietoo: Thanks, great looking fix. Unfortunately the surface of my base is quite uneven, so I doubt, I will be able to get the foil on so perfectly.

@madskp: My base does have a led and I have chargers of both types (with led and without, Mk 1 contacts and Mk2 contacts). When I opened up the charger I saw that the wires to the charging contacts are soldered on. As the contacts look quite delicate, I am a bit hesitant to get out the big soldering iron.

;-)

What I'll probably end up doing is moving the base to a less conspicuous place and putting a charger in the living room.

Thanks for the suggestions

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)