in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-03-2012 9:31 PM by Steffen. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-13-2012 3:03 AM

• AdamAnt316
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 08-17-2009
    • Massachusetts, USA
    • Posts 68
    • Bronze Member

Sometimes, things aren't too good to be true!

Hello everyone! Haven't been around here much lately, just been keeping my B&O gear running. A few nights ago, I was doing my usual "beogram" search on eBay for the hell of it, when I spotted this auction: Surprise

Link #1

At first, I wasn't sure what to think. Why hadn't anyone bought it yet? Is there something I don't know about this auction? I looked at the location, and it wasn't too far away. Then I spotted the mention of the Beomaster 6000 in the separate auction. Could it still be there? I checked, and sure enough:

Link #2

When it rains, it pours... Unsure

After a bit of consultation with friends, I went ahead and pulled the trigger on both of them. After some back-and-forth emails with the seller, we agreed on a place to meet to complete the transaction. Once our schedules lined up, we got together at the location, and the deal went smoothly. The seller even threw in an old notebook computer and a box of vacuum tubes as well! Big Smile

Once I got the equipment home, I took a closer look at it (haven't had a chance to test them). The Beogram 8000 has seen far better days, sadly. The cartridge is missing, as is the plastic part that covers the dust cover hinge mechanism (which, incidentally, appears to be broken, or at least out of whack). However, it seems to be complete otherwise. As for the Beomaster 6000, it seems to be in pretty good shape cosmetics-wise. According to the seller, the power supply is likely at fault. Regardless, I think I did fairly well. Smile

-Adam

3000 | RX 2 | RX | TX 2 | 8000 | 1800

Is there such a thing as too many Beograms?

• 01-13-2012 3:31 PM In reply to

• paul
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-10-2009
    • dublin
    • Posts 130
    • Gold Member

Re: Sometimes, things aren't too good to be true!

Fairly well? lol. you did brilliantly mate!

Great buys, esp if you can get them into working shape. maybe the seller was not really aware of the B&O brand and its value. Well done on ur purchases - just goes to show you can still pick up the odd bargain on Ebay:)

Paul

BeoVision 7-40 MKIV with BeoLab 7-4 Vertical speaker, BeoSound 9000 CD/Tuner, Speakers are a pair of  BeoLab 5 in Black with a pair of BeoLab 4000 as rear speakers, and in bedroom BeoCentre 6-26 with BeoLab 8000's. Both the Kitchen and bathroom have Beolab3500's. BeoCom 2 and BeoCom 5 phones. Beo 6 and Beo4 remotes. LATEST ADDITION: Beogram 7000 with MMC2 stylus....

• 01-14-2012 11:22 PM In reply to

• AdamAnt316
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 08-17-2009
    • Massachusetts, USA
    • Posts 68
    • Bronze Member

Thanks! I'm not quite sure whether or not he knew of exactly what B&O is. Another thing I wonder is why nobody else went for it. I'm sure there are other B&O enthusiasts in this area, and there was over a day left on both auctions, so at the very least, they'd been up for a couple of days already. I was a bit apprensive about the whole "pick-up only" aspect, but everything went well.

As for getting them back in working condition, that depends on what's wrong with them. With any luck, the Beomaster 6000's issues will be purely electrical in nature. The Beogram 8000, however, is likely to be much more complicated. Several key parts are either broken or missing, and it's generally in rough shape. I could use it as a parts source for my other 8000, but I'll see what happens.

-Adam

3000 | RX 2 | RX | TX 2 | 8000 | 1800

Is there such a thing as too many Beograms?

• 02-03-2012 9:31 PM In reply to

Sometimes you're just lucky to be at the right spot at the right time.
    I hardly dare to tell you about what I have just bought... (As You've guessed, B&O is a bit cheaper here in Denmark than most other countries). But in this case, I was extremely lucky!!! I've just bought a Beogram 8002, a Beomaster 2400-2 and a set of Beovox X-35 speakers for... 400,- DKkr (which is approx. 70$) This is extremely cheap -even for Denmark
    The only flaws: some burned out lightbulbs in the Beomaster -and that the arm on the Beogram is lowering too fast. Otherwise everything is working perfectly -and in visually near mint condition. "How lucky can one man be..." Whistle

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)