in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-19-2012 9:52 AM by elephant. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-12-2012 7:18 AM

How to Connect a Sonos Connect (ZP90) to a Beovision 7-40 (1st Gen)

I am trying to connect a Sonos Connect (ZP90) to my 7-40 1st generation which has full surround speakers attached.

The AV4 is occupied by a PS3 connecting via cponent vido cable.

The Sonos is plugged into the A2 coax digital input and the source is set to V Aux. I am getting no sound at all.

What am I doing wrong

• 01-12-2012 9:25 AM In reply to

Re: How to Connect a Sonos Connect (ZP90) to a Beovision 7-40 (1st Gen)

Welcome to Beoworld.

Can you list all the AV ports, and what is attached to each and how, and what Beo4 key/command you have assigned to that port?

Using my BV as an example:

AV1        Foxtel        STB        scart            V.AUX

AV2        ATV2         DVD       HDMI            DVD

AV3        MAcMini     PC          VGA              PC

AV4        B&O VHS   V.MEM    scart             V.MEM           

AV5        Wii                          Composite     CAMERA

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 01-12-2012 12:22 PM In reply to

Thanks for your help

AV1 (Scart) - nothing

AV2 (Scart) - nothing  V Aux Sonos Connect A1 digital input - V.AUX

AV3 (scart) Sky Digital STB DTV DVI-I - Scart for audio input - DTV

AV4 PC Sony PS3 Composite Y-Pb-Pr R L (later two being audio input) - PC

There is no AV5 but the sockets for temporary connections are unused

DVD is via the built in DVD player

• 01-12-2012 3:49 PM In reply to

GrahamHare:
    AV2 (Scart) - nothing  V Aux Sonos Connect A1 digital input - V.AUX

I wonder if the absence of a video cable/signal is inhibiting the recognition of any accompanying digital audio signal

Looking at your setup I was wonder of we can test that theory by removing the SKY audio scart, plugging in the SONOS, and see if you get a picture but with SONOS audio ?

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 01-12-2012 6:25 PM In reply to

Nice try, Elephant. But it will still not work. Smile

Your Sonos digital out is 2.0. The 7-40 MK1 is not capable to decode PCM audio, only 5.1. There are 2 solutions:

- In order to decode PCM, the TV needs an update. The TV needs to be HD-ready and I guess the TV is earlier made HD-ready, since there is a PS3 connected. And the DSM (Digital Sound Module) needs a hardware update too. Replace a chip on the module.

- Another and easier solution is to use the analogue out (red/white RCA connector) and connect these to a scart of the TV. You can use an adapter to go from RCA to scart. Offcourse in this setup you will use the DAC of your Sonos, which is not that bad.

In both cases, if you want the screen to stay black and center-speaker off, and you want that, add "A.V.AUX" to your beo4, and choose that command. The screen will only go black if your TV is in V.OPT2.

• 01-13-2012 1:04 AM In reply to

DoubleU:
    Nice try, Elephant. But it will still not work. Smile

Not a problem - I know there are people much more knowledgeable than me on this forum ! 

• 01-19-2012 7:02 AM In reply to

Thank you for your help gentlemen.

I have bought the RCA to Scart converter and connected to the 7-40 in AV2. Added the A-V button to the Beo 4. The Sonos has been designated as V.Aux (as the choices seem limited to that or V.Aux(STB)/Decoder/V.Aux2 or what I have used). Unfortunately, still no sound.

I have managed to get it to play using RCA to RCA through the temporary connections sockets and the Camera setting. However, this does then have sound coming through all 5 speakers.

Any thoughts?

• 01-19-2012 9:52 AM In reply to

GrahamHare:

I have managed to get it to play using RCA to RCA through the temporary connections sockets and the Camera setting. However, this does then have sound coming through all 5 speakers.

Any thoughts?

Just a quick temporary fix / suggestion ... add [SPEAKER] to your Beo4 and then select "2" and you should get just the fron L+R speakers

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)